Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

A cautionary tale before you buy a Fly Eagle Jet direct from the factory.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

A cautionary tale before you buy a Fly Eagle Jet direct from the factory.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 10:13 AM
eastern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry A cautionary tale before you buy a Fly Eagle Jet direct from the factory.

The first part of this post is a copy of a post I made a few months ago regarding the purchase of a Fly Eagle Jet Viper Medium, there will be an update at the end of the post on what has transpired since.

Why you should never trust Fly Eagle Jet with your hard earned money.
In July of this year Fly Eagle Jet did a promotion on the medium Viper Jet, as I was looking for a new sport jet I e mailed them and asked for a price to supply a Jet in the "vodafone" scheme. I was e mailed back by a guy by the name of Johnny Wong who gave me a price for the Jet, a Jet Cat 140 RX, some pare tyres and a EV-5 valve. All in all this came to just over $5000 which was sent to them on 18th July with the promise that everything would be supplied in 30-40 days.
After a number of weeks I received an e mail saying that everything was progressing well and I would be sent pictures of the jet when it was finished. After not receiving any pictures I e mailed them asking why they had not been sent, I then received some very poor pictures of the Jet at the beginning of August. At this time I was told that the undercarriage was being upgraded and that this would cause a hold up on sending out the Jet to me. It was at this point that Mr Wong let slip that the engine would be sent to me from the USA not China. As I had paid in full for the order I asked if the engine could be sent to me now instead of waiting, it was then that the excuses started coming from Mr Wong and I started to realise that this wasn't going to be as straight forward as I first thought. I kept e mailing Mr Wong about the engine but all I got was either no reply or a pack of excuses as to why it hadn't been sent. In the first week of September I eventually got an e mail from Mr Wong saying the engine had been despatched and here was a copy of the invoice, it was then that I realised that there would be duty to pay on the unit coming in from the US. At this point I decided that I wanted nothing more to do with this farce, I e mailed Fly Eagle and told them that I had paid for a model "delivered" to my UK address, there was no mention at any time of duty to be paid on the items coming to me. Once again e mails were sent and mostly ignored but then a man calling himself Sky got involved saying that they would reduce the value of the turbine and I would pay less duty. I argued that paying any duty would put the cost of the turbine way above what I could buy one in the UK and that I should have any duty refunded, this was flatly refused so the turbine turned up and I paid the duty. This still left the kit which to date is no where to be seen. I have sent nearly 100 e mails to both "Johnny Wong" and "Sky" with Sky promising me that the kit would be despatched on the 9th of Sept by DHL, after it had been quality checked. It is now the 23rd of September and my patience and the deadline I set them of today at 12 noon gmt has run out. I have told them repeatedly that if they dont sort this out immedaitely then I shall tell the entire RC world what a shabby and disgusting customer service they offer, everytime I threaten them they write to me saying "why do you want to hurt our company with your story, all we want to do is supply you with a good jet". To date I have no Jet, I have no refund of my money or even an offer of a refund. So in short I am nearly $2000 out of pocket and all I have is a lot patronising e mails from the two comedians at Fly Eagle Jet. So this is a warning to anybody even considering buying a kit from Fly Eagle Jet, Don't. There are no guarantees in place to safguard your money, Mr Wong and Mr Sky will just lie to you constantly about the status of your kit and then ask you not to tell everyone what a bunch of lying shiesters they are.
My final e mail to them was yesterday saying that if I did not have a DHL shipping number by 12 noon today then I would post this on every RC web site that I could find, so be warned and learn from my mistake DO NOT TRUST FLY EAGLE JET.

Now for the update on this sorry saga. I received the Jet, eventually in mid October, I had been away working so it was waiting for me when I got home. I unpacked everything to see firstly if there had been any transit damage, which there hadn't been and also to check everything was as mentioned on the manifest. Unfortunately the EV-5 valve was missing so I e mailed Sky and Johnny and pointed out that they had omitted this item and could they send it as soon as. Firstly there was no reply so I sent more e mails and eventually they deemed to get back to me saying it would be sent out as soon as the item was in stock, Well as of December the 1st it still hasn't arrived, I've asked for my money back or the valve, I've had neither. So all in all this has been a truly sad experience. When I threatened FEJ with posting the original post above they suddenly started to co-operate and my jet got sent out, now I'm back in the same situation threatening and e mailing and all to no avail. I have also noticed as well that the brake assy on the "upgraded" U/C that I was supposed to be getting is useless, the friction material comes away from the brake assy and if you slightly over pressure it the whole assy pops off the main oleo. Once again I have e mailed FEJ but to date no response what so ever. To date I have sent over 150 e mails, most, if not all of them about where my jet was, the problems with the jet, or the missing items. So as of today I have what looks like a pretty solid air frame the brakes are useless and the valve is missing but apart from that it is a reasonably well painted and finished jet. The sad thing is it could have been a pleasurable experience ordering, waiting to receive and eventually getting my jet, as it is it's turned into sleepless nights, arguing and threatening the company and basically a pack of lies from not only the MD but also the so called head of sales. This has been an experience I could have done without and one which I feel I should share so that nobody else can have the B S heaped upon them like I have. No doubt I will get an email from Sky or Johnny Wong saying "why do you want to hurt our company by saying these things" and "we have put your valve in the post" but to be honest I'm not interested, so as I said in my original post, Do not trust Fly Eagle Jet, pay for the jet when it arrives and your satisfied with it.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:24 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Anyone visiting RCU knows about FEJ fairly well and will avoid them. As for the paying the duty, sorry but this on your Country and Government, paying duties has nothing to do with FEJ, you should have refused the turbine and said its coming back if you didn't want to pay the duties.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

Better advice is to not deal with FEJ in any shape or form
Old 12-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
Anyone visiting RCU knows about FEJ fairly well and will avoid them. As for the paying the duty, sorry but this on your Country and Government, paying duties has nothing to do with FEJ, you should have refused the turbine and said its coming back if you didn't want to pay the duties.
Did he mention a turbine I thought it was an airframe he bought. What on earth are you on about
Old 12-05-2013, 11:08 AM
eastern

Did he mention a turbine I thought it was an airframe he bought. What on earth are you on aboutWhat I'm on about is the completely shabby way FEJ treat people. I could have put the entire story on here but the reason for posting is to show the companies complete lack of customer service/communication. The actual, for your benefit Jetflyer3000. was a "deal" on their web site for the FEJ Viper M if you bought it with a Jetcat P200. I knew I was going to sell the turbine when I got it, all I really wanted was the air frame.

Last edited by eastern; 12-05-2013 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Error
Old 12-05-2013, 11:17 AM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by Jetflyer3000
Did he mention a turbine I thought it was an airframe he bought. What on earth are you on about
He bought both from FEJ.

Jason
Old 12-05-2013, 11:35 AM
eastern

Guys before you start castigating me for not wanting to pay the duty, I'm fully aware that packages from China are marked "gift" etc to avoid duty. As it was mine wasn't and I paid the duty to the courier and the post office so hence HMRC. This post is not about that, it's about the bad experience which by the way is still on going 6 months later, how hard can it be to put a "branded" item that they sell in a package and send it to me? answer not hard. So what would you surmise yes the same as me, they have no intention of sending it.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:38 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After all the problems that were brought to light this year about FEJ and you still bought from them.... smh
Old 12-05-2013, 12:59 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dubd
After all the problems that were brought to light this year about FEJ and you still bought from them.... smh
Exactly, where have you been the last 2 years? or did you think it would be different for you?

At least you have an airframe (which is probably a POS anyway) and a turbine......cut your losses now don't fly it. You basically purchased a $5000 P140 RX.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:18 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dubd
+1 Seriously, it's really hard to have sympathy here. If you bought in July and you are an RCU member you MUST have been aware of the problems with this company.

Mike
Old 12-05-2013, 01:28 PM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could also say that about those that complained a year ago. This FEJ issue has around a lot longer than a year. Some of those throwing stones here have done exactly the same themselves.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:38 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by siclick33
You could also say that about those that complained a year ago. This FEJ issue has around a lot longer than a year. Some of those throwing stones here have done exactly the same themselves.

LOL -true!
Old 12-05-2013, 02:14 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

I've never jumped on the trash FEJ bandwagon as I never owned one and realized years ago when a flying buddy(Rhklenke on RCU) had many issues with his FEJ F-15 that I would steer clear of them. But after reading this thread I decided to undertake an excruciatingly difficult task. I typed fly eagle jets into my google toolbar. Whew, the sweat pouring out of my far head almost shorted out my keyboard. The first hit is the Fly Eagle Jets homepage. It's pretty much downhill after that! Unless plunking down a few grand on a model jet has about the same effect on your wallet as buying a pack of chewing gum on the checkout line at the supermarket, you only have yourself to blame for not putting in even twenty minutes research on a companies poor customer service and some of their products.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:19 PM
eastern

Just so that you know I did actually do some research on the FEJ Viper Jet, I contacted a number of owners through this site, one of which e mailed me about an hour ago. Asking them specifically about the company the service etc etc, one in particular does features in a well known magazine and they reported nothing other than niggling problems that were rectified. I could probably type Aston Martin are crap into a search engine and get back dozens of people who have had problems, so I acknowledge what is written and then try and speak to the organ grinder not the monkey! I am also fully aware that most of the contributors on here have never owned nor even flown a jet, so all the crap they come out with is just that crap. My whole intention here was to bring my situation to the Jet flying fraternity, a fraternity who quite honestly I could rapidly lose faith in, "Oh well it's your fault for being a dick head and buying one of their jets" is not the sort of awareness I'm trying to bring to the situation. So if you have nothing better to do with your life than be insulting then go and be insulting somewhere else. Our hobby is supposed to have different values to this negative rubbish. And before you think I'm p*****d off by your comments I'm actually not, all it's done is made me realise why dozens of people have turned their backs on this once enjoyable hobby.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

Come on guys Eastern is not the bad guy here so people should not be jumping on him. Once again it is FEJ that are the bad guys
Old 12-05-2013, 03:33 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetflyer3000
Come on guys Eastern is not the bad guy here so people should not be jumping on him. Once again it is FEJ that are the bad guys
No he's not and I don't believe anyone on here is happy that he's having these issues but, it is very frustrating when so much effort was made to warn people about dealing with FEJ that someone would not heed the warnings and be in this situation. So that's it, there's no ill will, just frustration that modellers are still supporting FEJ and perpetuating the grief.

Mike
Old 12-05-2013, 03:40 PM
eastern

No your not it's just that most of us don't want to admit to not knowing it, I think you can rest assured it's not the sort of gesture you would make to the local vicar!
Old 12-05-2013, 04:04 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

I have removed some posts with inappropriate images/comments and some that were made in response.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:20 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

It still surprises me that some people think that some of their product is ok. This model is ok, or that model is ok. They think the problem only is with certain models.
The A6 wing failure proved this theory to be incorrect.
Having 30-40 flights on a model does not make it a good one.

Its hard to ask the guys who own a FEJ, cause you don't know how many they crashed before the one they are flying cause they were bribed with another replacement not to say anything. FEJ owners think that they somehow juked the system and got a too good to be true deal so they will never believe that theres something wrong with the kit. Its hard telling a bargain hunter that they didn't get a bargain after all.
You have to read the threads and look and the pictures of the wings that are posted. The guys who are cutting the skin back and revealing that FEJ builds junk.
Read the post of the horror stories about the non existent FEJ service. Months waiting for parts, kits arriving with missing stuff, etc.
The threads where FEJ send "new version" and its the same old sh*t.
The threads where the parts are Xrayed and show garbage construction.
The threads where FEJ basically tell people to F off.
Their attitude sucks. How would anyone buy anything from them?
People still somehow seem to miss these threads and buy their junk.
Sorry about your circumstance, but from what I have read the last couple of years it probably wont have a good outcome.
Scott
Old 12-05-2013, 04:28 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Sorry, really not trying to beat on you directly but looking at the time frame you actually ordered your jet was probably about the time this forum was filled with negative Fly Eagle threads. That seemed to last a few months and then people were kind of sick of it because anyone who even casually visited this forum had to be well aware of the beating they were getting from design to materials to service. BTW, all I typed into google was Fly Eagle Jets sans the crap description and the negative hits started at number two with dubd's video. Type in BVM, CARF, Skymaster and you'll get to some eventually but not right after the manufacturers home page. It's like sitting in a bar in Hawaii in January 1942 and someone comes running in and starts yelling that the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. Again, didn't mean it as a direct attack on you so much as anger towards a manufacturer that continues to get away with this crap for so long.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:41 PM
rchobbymodels

I have to place some comments here:

first to eastern
I am sorry about your bad experience with one factory, regarding the delivery time, most of the factories today takes about 8 to 12 weeks to deliver, due to several international economy problems that everybody knows, and yes the Chinese new year is real they will go on vacation for at least 20 days so in this time expect 2 to 3 weeks delay;

second to FalconWings: I am not related to FEJ, I am representing Xtreme ARF and they have no connection with them, also as you can see in my post "manufacturing the Xtreme ARF Hawk T1 at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...l#post11676887 , the airplane construction is complete different from FEJ;

Third to Ravill: Ralf you try to connect me to FEJ twice, as I said I have no business with them, but I am still waiting for your invitation to be part of the RAVJets Demo Team.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eastern,
I too feel sorry for you. None of us likes to hear that FEJ screwed someone again.

But I think I remember you were in on an FEJ topic several months back telling us that you were going to buy this particular jet from FEJ despite what was posted about the company, and how they operate. I think we tried to warn you about doing business with them. But you wrote that the jet you were buying did not have any defects you knew about, so you thought you were safe.

Regardless of any jet you buy from FEJ, remember this ... You are dealing with FEJ ... Your purchase will be a headache, and you WILL ALWAYS get their "off-the-shelf" lies about the "unfortunate" delays. No one is immune to this. There are no lucky customers at FEJ.

Now, you are a victim too.

Last edited by Airplanes400; 12-05-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Airplanes400

Yep. I found it. RIght here in the FEJ Viper thread; http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...l#post11642762

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	eastern.JPG
Views:	959
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	1945076   Click image for larger version

Name:	eastern2.JPG
Views:	936
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1945078   Click image for larger version

Name:	eastern1.JPG
Views:	1080
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	1945095   Click image for larger version

Name:	eastern1a.JPG
Views:	1004
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	1945097   Click image for larger version

Name:	eastern1b.JPG
Views:	994
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	1945098  

Last edited by Airplanes400; 12-05-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:01 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Airplanes400
Yep. I found it. RIght here in the FEJ Viper thread; http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...l#post11642762

I stand by my "smh" comment.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Airplanes400

Originally Posted by eastern
The first part of this post is a copy of a post I made a few months ago regarding the purchase of a Fly Eagle Jet Viper Medium, there will be an update at the end of the post on what has transpired since.

Why you should never trust Fly Eagle Jet with your hard earned money.
In July of this year Fly Eagle Jet did a promotion on the medium Viper Jet, as I was looking for a new sport jet I e mailed them and asked for a price to supply a Jet in the "vodafone" scheme. I was e mailed back by a guy by the name of Johnny Wong who gave me a price for the Jet, a Jet Cat 140 RX, some pare tyres and a EV-5 valve. All in all this came to just over $5000 which was sent to them on 18th July with the promise that everything would be supplied in 30-40 days.
After a number of weeks I received an e mail saying that everything was progressing well and I would be sent pictures of the jet when it was finished. After not receiving any pictures I e mailed them asking why they had not been sent, I then received some very poor pictures of the Jet at the beginning of August. At this time I was told that the undercarriage was being upgraded and that this would cause a hold up on sending out the Jet to me. It was at this point that Mr Wong let slip that the engine would be sent to me from the USA not China. As I had paid in full for the order I asked if the engine could be sent to me now instead of waiting, it was then that the excuses started coming from Mr Wong and I started to realise that this wasn't going to be as straight forward as I first thought. I kept e mailing Mr Wong about the engine but all I got was either no reply or a pack of excuses as to why it hadn't been sent. In the first week of September I eventually got an e mail from Mr Wong saying the engine had been despatched and here was a copy of the invoice, it was then that I realised that there would be duty to pay on the unit coming in from the US. At this point I decided that I wanted nothing more to do with this farce, I e mailed Fly Eagle and told them that I had paid for a model "delivered" to my UK address, there was no mention at any time of duty to be paid on the items coming to me. Once again e mails were sent and mostly ignored but then a man calling himself Sky got involved saying that they would reduce the value of the turbine and I would pay less duty. I argued that paying any duty would put the cost of the turbine way above what I could buy one in the UK and that I should have any duty refunded, this was flatly refused so the turbine turned up and I paid the duty. This still left the kit which to date is no where to be seen. I have sent nearly 100 e mails to both "Johnny Wong" and "Sky" with Sky promising me that the kit would be despatched on the 9th of Sept by DHL, after it had been quality checked. It is now the 23rd of September and my patience and the deadline I set them of today at 12 noon gmt has run out. I have told them repeatedly that if they dont sort this out immedaitely then I shall tell the entire RC world what a shabby and disgusting customer service they offer, everytime I threaten them they write to me saying "why do you want to hurt our company with your story, all we want to do is supply you with a good jet". To date I have no Jet, I have no refund of my money or even an offer of a refund. So in short I am nearly $2000 out of pocket and all I have is a lot patronising e mails from the two comedians at Fly Eagle Jet. So this is a warning to anybody even considering buying a kit from Fly Eagle Jet, Don't. There are no guarantees in place to safguard your money, Mr Wong and Mr Sky will just lie to you constantly about the status of your kit and then ask you not to tell everyone what a bunch of lying shiesters they are.
My final e mail to them was yesterday saying that if I did not have a DHL shipping number by 12 noon today then I would post this on every RC web site that I could find, so be warned and learn from my mistake DO NOT TRUST FLY EAGLE JET.

Now for the update on this sorry saga. I received the Jet, eventually in mid October, I had been away working so it was waiting for me when I got home. I unpacked everything to see firstly if there had been any transit damage, which there hadn't been and also to check everything was as mentioned on the manifest. Unfortunately the EV-5 valve was missing so I e mailed Sky and Johnny and pointed out that they had omitted this item and could they send it as soon as. Firstly there was no reply so I sent more e mails and eventually they deemed to get back to me saying it would be sent out as soon as the item was in stock, Well as of December the 1st it still hasn't arrived, I've asked for my money back or the valve, I've had neither. So all in all this has been a truly sad experience. When I threatened FEJ with posting the original post above they suddenly started to co-operate and my jet got sent out, now I'm back in the same situation threatening and e mailing and all to no avail. I have also noticed as well that the brake assy on the "upgraded" U/C that I was supposed to be getting is useless, the friction material comes away from the brake assy and if you slightly over pressure it the whole assy pops off the main oleo. Once again I have e mailed FEJ but to date no response what so ever. To date I have sent over 150 e mails, most, if not all of them about where my jet was, the problems with the jet, or the missing items. So as of today I have what looks like a pretty solid air frame the brakes are useless and the valve is missing but apart from that it is a reasonably well painted and finished jet. The sad thing is it could have been a pleasurable experience ordering, waiting to receive and eventually getting my jet, as it is it's turned into sleepless nights, arguing and threatening the company and basically a pack of lies from not only the MD but also the so called head of sales. This has been an experience I could have done without and one which I feel I should share so that nobody else can have the B S heaped upon them like I have. No doubt I will get an email from Sky or Johnny Wong saying "why do you want to hurt our company by saying these things" and "we have put your valve in the post" but to be honest I'm not interested, so as I said in my original post, Do not trust Fly Eagle Jet, pay for the jet when it arrives and your satisfied with it.
I guess we weren't full of crap after all. But you had to learn your own lesson rather than listen to others.

Welcome to the side of better reasoning and common sense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.