Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Byron F20 Turbine conversion

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Byron F20 Turbine conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Does anyone have pic's or drawings of their turbine mount set up? I am especially interested in the rear mount/tailpipe mounting method.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:59 PM
n8rloves2fly
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tony what a sweet project! I swear you have the same airplane list as I. Lance did one also, crashed first flight, he had a huge turbine 29 or 34 lbs flew out of sight I guess. It was pretty close to stock. I know the stock wings like to pop of even on D/F models. I love theF-20!!!
Old 02-12-2014, 11:17 PM
Ram-bro

Hey Man , hows it going? I love the old byrom kits. They are pretty much unique, original and quite inexpensive. Heck if Lance had a 30+ lb turbine on there I am sure he pulled the wings off of it. Mine will have a lil ol 18 lber on it. considering it flew on 13 lb thrust D/F, it should be more than fine. I am not expecting anything more than 20lbs weight. The wings will be sheeted and glassed but still removeable. It will have brakes and flaps. will probably mount the turbine in the tail. So what all is on your list?
Old 02-13-2014, 06:38 AM
n8rloves2fly

I just love the size of Byrons F-20 18# light turbine is perfect, I think the wing would be better with some carbon spar of some kind, sheet the wings ?I've seen people ditch the elevator yoke that setup it really weak. Get rid of the cheater hole. Red and white?
Old 02-13-2014, 04:54 PM
Ram-bro

No cheater hole, dedicated elevator servoes....no yoke. You gotta sheet the wings to get that nice finish. No red and white. It will be a variation of teh Aggressor squadrons and marine paint scheme....its in my head right now. Hopefully I will get her ready before the summer hits
Old 02-13-2014, 07:42 PM
n8rloves2fly

Sweet I love the Aggressor colors I've been wanting to do something to honor our veterans was thinking a plane for each branch, but not necessarly scale. Also been thinking of trying latex paint what paint do you use? I'm going to paint my starfire soon been thinking about it. Also want to do somevWWII stuff any advice?
Old 02-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Ram-bro

Believe it or not I use Model masters paint for my warbirds with Lustre coat clear /flat to fuel proof it. I have also used Rustoleum and I have done Latex. Military clors ....you cant go wrong. Heck if you need a warbird, come by sometime I could sell you one.