Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Just Announced at the AMA Show!!!!!!! JR 28X high end radio!!!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Just Announced at the AMA Show!!!!!!! JR 28X high end radio!!!

Old 01-10-2014, 07:49 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

18MZ forever!!!!
Old 01-10-2014, 08:18 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Yeah, I've spent too much and have too much faith in my DSM stuff to run out and buy one.

But I know Dantley will!! So I can see his first! LOL! Thanks buddy!
Negative Ghost Rider. Someone else can be the beta tester with DMSS in the US. I already switched to a 18MZ.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:33 PM
edgeflyer
My Feedback: (15)

I just went from not enough channels on my radio to not enough functions on my airplane.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:35 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Rep said it has slots for dual batteries in case you want to fly nonstop all day. It is a nice looking box, not like a transformer (love my 11X's!) but nothing like a 12X either. It is very "rounded" and smooth. User assignable switches that can be moved around to suit. All metal gimbals.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:00 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

DMSS has been used overseas for a long time. I have been flying DMSS now for over a year. Never a glitch or a problem. DMSS is the latest technology.

DMSS combines the best features of Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) and Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) protocols. FHSS is great for avoiding interference and DSSS offers high response. JR DMSS combines both these attributes, having both frequency hopping and high response.

The JR DMSS system uses a greater than 3Mhz wide signal as compared to the majority of others which utilise a much narrower [1Mhz or less] signal.

If we know anything about spread spectrum signals, a wider base signal [3Mhz Vs 1Mhz] allows for a huge increase in noise and interference immunity performance and at the same time allowing for much faster data bandwidth/throughput.

The fact that DMSS is actually using quite a wide bandwidth signal is a huge advantage in 2.4GHz performance and it will provide superior performance over any other current 2.4GHz system that is currently available.

The JR DMSS radios come with life batteries!

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 01-10-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:02 PM
Airforce7
My Feedback: (31)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I've been flying jets since 2005 with the same radio (JR9303). I've used up all the model memories in that time. I've been waiting for a while to see if JR would come out with a new high end radio. I think I'm glad I waited, this new transmitter looks nice.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:35 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Oh yeah baby, it is a sexy beast!
Old 01-10-2014, 11:16 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by igorcar
Niceee
price tag?

Thanks
I asked the JR rep said the price had not been released yet but I would bet around $3000.00 at least.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:36 PM
dubd

I hope it's priced under $2000.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:52 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dubd
I hope it's priced under $2000.
That would be nice but I doubt it if you go after the full 28ch set up, Of course they may sell it with a 12 or 14 ch receiver for less.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:19 AM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

Guys If you have something that works already and you have probably just bought it why do you want to change. Is it just the bling factor or having a terrible urge to by the newest so you look like you are da man ?
Old 01-11-2014, 01:58 AM
Esprit

Has anybody found a PDF of the manual yet?
Old 01-11-2014, 03:18 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AV8ATOR
Hmmm! better than Jeti DS16? Which to buy?

Carlos
I've always been a JR guy, but JR dropped behind the past 5 or 10 years where the 10X was the last good one.(the rest not beeing bad, but main stream) So I bought the Jeti DS16. If this had been available at the same time the choice would have been tougher. Back then without knowing Jeti I would problably keept my JR path, but now with the DS16 getting to know Jeti I'm still happy, the DS16 is a powerful thing too with good support.

Howevev very very nice that JR are back on track with a good looking design, even though the screen should have been on top if you ask me
Old 01-11-2014, 05:07 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Where will these be repaired in the US? It's not like we can overnight to Horizon anymore, is it? I thought there was an amicable "divorce" between Horizon and JR. Am I wrong? Service was one of the biggest reasons I went with JR in the first place and why I'm with Spektrum now. I rarely needed it, but it was really comforting knowing it was there.

Last edited by patrnflyr; 01-11-2014 at 05:31 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:16 AM
Gordon W

Are these new touch-screens (JR and Futaba) showerproof? The PCM-10X screen wasn't.

Once when flying slope soarers on a sea-side slope, a heavy sea-fret suddenly blew over us. My 10X's screen quickly went blank, and the aileron trim kept on beeping and applying full left trim all by itself. A couple of Spekky DX8s out there at the same time didn't have that problem, and nor did the Futaba low-end Tx's either.

The 10X recovered after spending the night drying out in our warm airing cupboard. I'd never let the screen get damp in the previous 10 years I'd owned the 10X, and the speed at which the Tx developed its faults was quite a surprise.

The 28X does look nice.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:33 AM
US1A kai

Me too +1.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:47 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Does the 28X have the nice solid feel of the 10X/12X or the lightweight feel of the DX18?
Old 01-11-2014, 06:56 AM
Paul0088

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what happens when the android part stops working ?
Old 01-11-2014, 07:16 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems to be a nice radio but maybe it could have been even better if the display had been in upper part instead of lower part of transmitter in my opinion.

/Bo
Old 01-11-2014, 07:40 AM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok let me start by saying this. I am not in the market for a new radio but I always like to look at what's new, the features, etc. because when I am in the market for a new radio I like to know as much as I can about my available options and how they have been doing in the market. It's just the systems analyst in me. When reading the features of this radio aren't they very similar to what has been done in other radios? I remember when the 14mz came out with the two independent software versions (one for GUI and one for transmission) people could not wait to jump on the band wagon to put the idea down, the 14mz and the Jeti have also had the changeable switches but I have read post from users that said what a useless feature. When the SBus was introduced I read the articles saying it would never work, that the "Hub" idea was a very bad one. The biggest complaint I heard was when the 18mz came out and people were complaining about a radio costing almost 3K dollars. It is amazing now that sometime has passed that JR is now doing the same thing and the comments are now so positive for the same ideas. Also who is going to be responsible for keeping the android operating system updated, will that be JR, Google, or Samsung?

I am a 14mz owner and it is for the reasons that they came out with some very innovative ideas in the 14mz that I really liked and yes I have owned Kraft, JR,and Futaba radios so no I am not just a fanboy. If this radio is all that it claims to be when I am in the market for a new radio I will seriously give it serious consideration but as of now the only thing I can see that they have added new to this radio that other manufacturers have not done is make it 28 channels.

This is just my opinion.

Patrick
Old 01-11-2014, 07:57 AM
Paul0088

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope we get a version with analog throttle trim
Old 01-11-2014, 08:16 AM
CafeenMan

Originally Posted by Jetflyer3000
Guys If you have something that works already and you have probably just bought it why do you want to change. Is it just the bling factor or having a terrible urge to by the newest so you look like you are da man ?
How about neither? I don't buy anything with any consideration of creating envy in others. I also don't care about "bling" for the most part.

Maybe just because it's a really cool radio that allows a lot more than whatever radio we own now.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:22 AM
StevL

Originally Posted by ira d
That would be nice but I doubt it if you go after the full 28ch set up, Of course they may sell it with a 12 or 14 ch receiver for less.
Well if it was packaged with the Infinity Rx (MAP $119.) and came in with a price of $1,995. they would own the RC market. I'm sure at that price point they still make a ton of $$$. But, with the nearest radio at 3k I would guess $2,495.

We shall see....

Steve
Old 01-11-2014, 08:25 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by patrnflyr
Where will these be repaired in the US? It's not like we can overnight to Horizon anymore, is it? I thought there was an amicable "divorce" between Horizon and JR. Am I wrong? Service was one of the biggest reasons I went with JR in the first place and why I'm with Spektrum now. I rarely needed it, but it was really comforting knowing it was there.
Don't take this as gospel but it's the best information I've seen posted; when JR Americas took over the retailing of the JR radios through I think, Advantage Hobby and Len Sabato??? and ex-Horizon guy, the agreement with Horizon said they'd do maintenance for a couple of years. Then Horizon got sold to a group of investors one of whom is supposedly the current head honcho at Horizon. I saw a press release from JR Americas subsequent to that indicating that the service of the JR radios would be taken over by JR Americas as of Feb. 1 this year.

I'm not real concerned about it since I tried the DX18 route since I'd gotten tired of waiting for JR to come up with something to replace my 12X and those radios are just too big for my hands and the arithritis that's setting getting worse. So I joined the orange T-shirt crowd again with an 18MZ and went back to my 12X for the models that still have those rx's and I'll keep that radio until all those models are gone for whatever reason while the new models will get Futaba stuff. That way there's no big hit on buying all new rx's and I still like the way the 12X feels in my hands, it's been a great radio for me.

So the question I've yet to see answered is this; who's going to service the JR radios with the Spektrum RF format? I mean that stuff is proprietary, is Horizon 'gonna sell parts or train techs to/for those radios to JR Americas? Is JR Americas going to sell JR parts to Horizon for these radios? Or are we just out in the cold?

Maybe someone who left Horizon for the new company will chime in? In the meantime I WILL miss the Horizon service 'cause JR waited too long and I'm not buying another $3000.00 radio right now. While I'm impressed with the 18MZ and it's capabilties, my experience with Hobby Services (Hobbico) back when, was the reason I left Futaba in the first place.....
Old 01-11-2014, 08:41 AM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

How about selectable??? Throttle trim.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.