Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

My fellow Gentlemen!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

My fellow Gentlemen!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 04:14 PM
kimhey

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My fellow Gentlemen!

I am not trying to be the wise guy here, but lately I have seen almost every thread turn into....well it aint pretty

Personally, I will admit to having posted some "unwise" replies myself, and for that I do apologize.

I am asking each and everyone to forget about any personal vendettas or similar, and also leave any problems at home or work behind, before posting

Members have been, and are leaving this forum because of the negative atmosphere..

I am pretty sure that this thread will soon will end up at page 25 or so, and some may think I am an ...hole for writing this, but still.... you get the idea

Whether it is a new product, idea, model, manufacturer, etc...... is it necessary to bash it, just because you don´t like it?

Fellow gentlemen....thank you for your attention
Old 01-18-2014, 05:21 PM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You can take a look at this thread:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11420706-what-has-happened-forum.html

Last edited by patrnflyr; 01-18-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:00 PM
stevekott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ooh I was almost afraid to look at this title as I am not sure I am a gentleman.

This hobby is all about having fun ... If it ain't fun I ain't playing . Keep the posts positive .. enjoy !!
Old 01-19-2014, 01:09 AM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

Would you define 'Bashing'. Is making comments that are not positive considered bashing. I think that it is important that people say what they think and speak the truth

Last edited by Jetflyer3000; 01-19-2014 at 01:34 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:49 AM
kimhey

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

You are right Jetflyer, bashing is probably not the right word. English is not my native language, therefor the exact word is probably something else. You are of course also right, speaking the truth is important. What I am trying to communicate here is; it is possible to say things in a more respectful way than I have seen too many examples of lately.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:01 AM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

Originally Posted by kimhey
You are right Jetflyer, bashing is probably not the right word. English is not my native language, therefor the exact word is probably something else. You are of course also right, speaking the truth is important. What I am trying to communicate here is; it is possible to say things in a more respectful way than I have seen too many examples of lately.
I would very much agree
Old 01-19-2014, 04:47 AM
patrnflyr

Originally Posted by kimhey
English is not my native language, therefor the exact word is probably something else.
I guarantee your English is a heck of a lot better than my Norwegian!!! It amazes me how well everybody on here from different countries can get there point across in the English language when I can barely say "Si" in Espanol! Your English is perfect...
Old 01-19-2014, 02:43 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

You are correct sir. It's all too easy to forget one's manners, if only because we are shielded by the relative anonymity of the Internet. If we (myself included) could all phrase our missives as if we were speaking face to face, then RCU would be a friendlier and more productive environment.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:10 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by highhorse
You are correct sir. It's all too easy to forget one's manners, if only because we are shielded by the relative anonymity of the Internet. If we (myself included) could all phrase our missives as if we were speaking face to face, then RCU would be a friendlier and more productive environment.
+1
Old 01-19-2014, 06:48 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by highhorse
+1
Old 01-26-2014, 05:34 AM
patrnflyr

I'm not a huge poster on here but I've noticed a trend that is pervasive on all the internet. Some of the most cordial forums have been ruined by just a few internet "thugs". RCU is no different. You say the sky is blue and they say it isn't. Just as an example, we posted some brand new pics of the just released BVM F-16 yesterday. Proud new owner and eager to show off the plane to many who are curious of this evolutionary type of kit and what do we get? One guy posts how the cheap Chinese electronics will destroy the hobby. Another says it looks like the wiring is crap even though we've said the photos are from an IPhone and are of poor quality. We will get better pics as my son does the build but nothing takes out the wind out of our sails than a bunch of haters. No wonder everybody is bugging out of these forums. If I was a manufacturer, I would shudder to think what these attacks would do to my psyche and I sure don't blame them for ignoring the threads.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:57 AM
Jgwright

I was the person you are referring to who posted about the F-16 wiring. I know how sensitive people are to criticism about BVM so only made a simple comment about the wiring and plumbing not being neat. I certainly did not say it was crap. BVM are marketing this plane as plug and play and given the fuselage arrives in 3 pieces there is a lot more to it than plugging the receiver and engine and go flying. There was nothing bad about your photos they clearly showed the planes internals.

Would you prefer only praise about new products?

John
Old 01-26-2014, 11:45 AM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Would you prefer only praise about new products?
No, the printed modelling magazines already offer that.

What we need is criticism, as well as praise of the products we buy
& collective ideas on how to modify those products to make them
more functional or safer.

Some of the manufacturers take on board what is discussed here &
make modifications to their products, some just stick their heads in
the sand.

There's a difference between 'bashing' & constructive criticism, some
people recognise this & are thankful for the help, others arc up.

It's worth remembering that there can be many solutions to a problem,
all of them right & all of them wrong.

John.

Last edited by Boomerang1; 01-26-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:43 PM
patrnflyr

I'm sorry and didn't mean to come across sounding so mean. I, too, would like constructive criticism but we've only had it out of the box for 30 minutes. We'll be able to give the good and the bad next week when my son is able to dig in deep and get this thing built.