Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Thrust tube cut ....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Thrust tube cut ....

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 01:19 PM
lookilook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thrust tube cut ....

Trying to keep the distance of 20mm-30mm from turbine exhaust to thrust tube lip i need to move the tube rearwards and it protrudes about 15mm from the aircraft nozzle.
I cannot move the engine forward and it seems that the only solution is to cut the thrust tube ends.
will this affect the thrust or create any other problems.its an f18 tube.

Thanks
Nicos
Old 01-26-2014, 01:52 PM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI, just remove the Bellmouth and cut that end with scissors, you can poprivet any straps back on if need be.
Rcpete
Old 01-26-2014, 03:03 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

It's not a prob to cut down the tube. the tube in my little T45 is only around 6" long. but, before cutting it from the bell mouth end... make sure the pipe doesn't taper. I know the OEM wren pipes get bigger from the bell mouth.

Last edited by Dr Honda; 01-27-2014 at 05:12 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:43 PM
lookilook

Hi Rcpete and Dr Honda,I was also thinking of cutting the front end of the pipe but because is a dual exhaust pipe i thought is better to cut down both the rear ends as cutting the front part will reduce the distance from the lip to where the tube splits into two exhausts and might have an effect.I am not sure if it will affect it at all hence i would like to hear from experienced people like you guys and then proceed.