Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

18MZ $2,220.00 shipped from RCJAPAN.NET

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

18MZ $2,220.00 shipped from RCJAPAN.NET

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 04:30 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I ordered 30 BLS servos, a mix of BLS172SV, BLS272SV, and BLS175SV, Yen is cheaper right now so this is the time to buy, when it goes back it won't be so great.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:15 PM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My engine went thru customs in less than 40 minutes (EMS logs it), and I paid no tax on a $600 engine.

Disco, please let me know how the shipping goes, etc. I'd like to hear about your overall buying experience with these guys.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:40 PM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone ACTUALLY received an 18MZ from this site? Shipping a Futaba radio into Hobbico's exclusive territory could cost RCJAPAN.NET their Futaba dealership. Tower had to stop shipping radios to OZ for the same reason. I got mine in the U.S. for $2550.00, delivered, with warranty. Not bad.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:15 PM
3 turn spin
My Feedback: (15)

I have friend that purchased the 18MZ from an outlet in Europe. In addition to the warranty issue that has already been mentioned, you will need likely need to replace the power cord for the charger. It's a fairly common cord and you shouldn’t have a problem finding one.

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
ILUVRCJ 2% coupon, total price is $2140, shipping is $75.00

https://rcjapan.net/futaba-tx-set-c-69_211/18mz-t-r-set-for-helicopter-p-14168

man.... Hobbico is too greedy....
Old 01-28-2014, 06:46 PM
impulse09
My Feedback: (3)

Last edited by impulse09; 01-29-2014 at 05:15 AM. Reason: .....
Old 01-28-2014, 08:58 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by powerjets
mmmm...how about..
Jetcat USA does not service Jetcat Germany
Jetcat USA will not do warranty work and service on German Jetcat turbines, but Jetcat USA will do non-warranty repairs and service on German turbines. But this is another issue...

Luke
Old 01-28-2014, 09:12 PM
DiscoWings

Originally Posted by 3 turn spin
I have friend that purchased the 18MZ from an outlet in Europe. In addition to the warranty issue that has already been mentioned, you will need likely need to replace the power cord for the charger. It's a fairly common cord and you shouldn’t have a problem finding one.

Not true: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2225.html Japan uses the same 2 verticle prong as the US, the only difference is that they don't have 1 side larger like we do, the power supply in the 18mz is Japanese spec, and it works in the US and Japan.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:28 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

I may fudge a little on some of my rc stuff but radio, servo's rx's never! I have and will always buy that from Tower, always been a Futaba guy! And Tower has been so very good to me!
Old 01-29-2014, 12:16 AM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

Makes me smile when you are talking about an 18MZ which is possibly the most expensive radio out there and you keep talking about repairs and servicing. All of the TX's I have have never broken and have never needed servicing. Food for thought don't you think
Old 01-29-2014, 05:22 AM
jfetter

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
I meant wattage, but your claim that the Japanese 18mz has lower RF wattage than the U.S. is complete crap, all 18mz world wide have the same wattage, the only output difference is France because of how the regulate 2.4 ghz band
I don't think he claiming it's not the same, I think he's just giving you a friendly warning, not sure why you are getting upset? Many don't know because it's not advertised but the Japanese limits on RF output are more strict than in the USA, in fact there are radios sold in Japan that have lower wattage than their US versions, this is fact, food for thought...

Jack
Old 01-29-2014, 06:21 AM
mr_matt

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes how are you guys so sure the output power is the same? Japanese output power limits are lower (ARIB STD-T66) than allowed by the FCC. Maybe they run worldwide at the lower output level but it seems like the competition would be jumping all over that in their marketing
Old 01-29-2014, 06:31 AM
Rv7garage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I made a statement in a previous post saying that they were the same output, it looks like I may have been wrong.

But aren't they all simply software limited at this point? Like, I know that in my Spektrum radio, in the submenu, there is a place where you can tell the radio what part of the world is transmitting in.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:24 AM
DiscoWings

all U.S. 18mz and other futaba radios are using the same output as the japanese specs; they meet japanese limits. Just because a higher output is allowed in the U.S. does not mean your futaba radio is using that limit, its set to the limit in Japan and obviously people aren't having any issues with this when using them state side, but the FUD continues on this thread based on false information.

So, if you want to pay $800.00 more you can get it from the U.S. enjoy, the only thing YOU MAY have an issue with is the warranty, in terms of the radio it is exactly the same as what you buy in the U.S.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:27 AM
more

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't buy any Futaba products,if you do not buy directly from distributor in your country.

I bought second hand 14mz 2 years ago and used it for a while until its touch screen cannot be used anymore.I sent it to distributor in my country and he said "this TX wasn't imported by our shop.So,We cannot repair it or order the part for you.".
One month later,I went to Japan and found a dealer shop of Futaba in Tokyo to find the way to repair it.That shop called to Futaba company and gave a serial number of my 14MZ.Futaba customer service said that "Your 14MZ have a serial that was Sold outside Japan.We cannot repair or sell any parts for you."

I undertand about warranty that doesn't allow gray market product to be repaired,but cannot order a part for reparing by myself is too much.It's your product,isn't it?

I threw the 14mz in some conner of my house and swear not to buy any futaba products anymore.Now,I sold 30 Futaba receivers and change my system to JR.The distributor claim that they can repair and order repair parts even I bought products from gray markets.The JR have worldwide warranty!
Old 01-29-2014, 08:32 AM
kirkj
My Feedback: (61)

In all my 35+ years history in the RC hobby, and years here on RCU, i have never seen responses so rude and negative as given by the starter of this thread.
what is supposed to be a friendly helpful community of like minded people has failed with this one. there are ways to provide information and have an intelligent conversation and there is this way.
good luck and i hope your purchase goes well.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:52 AM
SushiHunter

Is it possible that the quality is greater on Futaba 18mz's that are built for export only compared to Futaba 18mz's which are built for domestic use in Japan only? My years of experience living in Japan, their merchandise for export takes much greater priority in quality than the same products offered domestically. This may explain the partial difference in purchasing price between buying a piece of equipment in Japan compared to buying the same merchandise in America.

Last edited by SushiHunter; 01-29-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:07 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The thing that annoys me is how exclusive distributors mark up products. This is a global economy and US dealers need to realize that their profit margins are not going to be the same as before. If this japan company can still turn a profit selling the radio $800 cheaper, tower's margins are a too steep.

I'm running into the same problem with some dental products. Its cheaper for me to buy them from europe and pay the shipping versus from a distributor that is 15 miles away.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:19 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

So what is the total price if you imported the radio "legitimately"?? I.e. purchase price plus shipping, custom fees, import tax,state tax etc??

I can import stuff from the US because it's cheaper than the UK. However, it's only cheaper if you get lucky. If it goes through the proper channels and the 20% VAT is added, import duty added, custom fees added then the price is generally the same as the UK. I don't bother. I buy from UK. I'm yet to find anything so much cheaper that the risk of getting caught at customs is worth it.

people are too caught up on the local purchase price and then hopefully getting lucky on import etc.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:25 AM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

Originally Posted by schroedm
So what is the total price if you imported the radio "legitimately"?? I.e. purchase price plus shipping, custom fees, import tax,state tax etc??

I can import stuff from the US because it's cheaper than the UK. However, it's only cheaper if you get lucky. If it goes through the proper channels and the 20% VAT is added, import duty added, custom fees added then the price is generally the same as the UK. I don't bother. I buy from UK. I'm yet to find anything so much cheaper that the risk of getting caught at customs is worth it.

people are too caught up on the local purchase price and then hopefully getting lucky on import etc.
Yes but aren't you minted
Old 01-29-2014, 09:59 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You would still come out ahead even if you had to send it back to Japan for service with that price difference.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:51 AM
DiscoWings

In all likely hood its probably going to be nothing, just like what we pay for RC jets from Thailand / China / Taiwan, I had $9000 jets come here and pay $0.00 in customs, same for hobby king orders e.t.c.

The price difference is too much to ignore, just goes to show that Hobbico is screwing customers over.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:02 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

If you are a super saver club member of Tower and spend enough, you can get a gold member status and in turn they will send you codes for $375.00 off of a purchase of $2500.00 or more. Still not an $800 difference but $425.00 might change your decision. I don't know exactly how much you need to spend but I received that coupon after spending about $600 in servos but it also might be how many orders you make in a certain time frame as well. Since the regular super savers club gives you about 15-20% off of your orders up to $300 with free shipping, I have to split my big orders up to make the most on the discounts. For $9.99 a year, I've saved hundreds.

Last edited by afterburner; 01-29-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:29 PM
rrembert

I can't imagine paying that much money for something with possibly no warranty or potential service problems. I've had radios that have never had a problem and some that have...my luck would be to need service on my shiny new 18MZ..
Old 01-29-2014, 10:14 PM
DiscoWings

I suppose it depends on the 1 year warranty that futaba gives; http://www.futaba-rc.com/techsupport/warranty.html Most of my devices tend to fail after the first year, which in that case would not be covered as your warranty has expired, certainly you could pay to have it fixed, which I suppose they could do the same for the Futaba Japanese 18mz.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:52 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1. Too many hoops to jump through to only end up saving a few dollars. I just sent a Powerbox to Germany for repair and FedEx graciously sent me a bill for $55 in taxes. You'll end up paying one way or another .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.