Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

18MZ $2,220.00 shipped from RCJAPAN.NET

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

18MZ $2,220.00 shipped from RCJAPAN.NET

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 10:20 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18MZ $2,220.00 shipped from RCJAPAN.NET

ILUVRCJ 2% coupon, total price is $2140, shipping is $75.00

https://rcjapan.net/futaba-tx-set-c-69_211/18mz-t-r-set-for-helicopter-p-14168

man.... Hobbico is too greedy....
Old 01-27-2014, 11:02 PM
SushiHunter

Check warrantee before you buy. If something needs to be serviced, they won't service it over here. You'll probably have to send it to Japan if it needs worked on. I travel to Japan frequently and could have bought one over there during one of my trips. The warrantee issue is what changed my mind about that.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:31 PM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

How often to you get your radio "serviced"??

Never ever had a radio serviced in 20 years of flying.

thanks

dave
Old 01-27-2014, 11:41 PM
jzuniga
My Feedback: (7)

Not to mention the fact that the whole thing is BS! :-(… So if I buy a Chevy/Ford/GE/Sony/Samsung product, what ever? In the usa or asia, I can't have it warrantied or serviced in another country? Even if bought legally from an authorized dealer? Give me a break!

Z
Old 01-28-2014, 06:19 AM
kirkj
My Feedback: (61)

you might also want to make sure that its not on the Japan 2.4 system which is very low wattage output.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:44 AM
DiscoWings

Kirkj,

You need to get your facts striaght before you post, the voltage on the 18mz is the same for the U.S. as it is for Japan, the only Futaba radios that have different voltages are the ones in France so its the rest of the world and France. 18mz can be region set in the radio, the power output is the same for JPN/US

ALSO, average BLSHV sbusb 2 servo is $70.00 cheaper on RCJAPAN, the JR Linear Hal Servos are $100.00 cheaper. But if you rather pay the over inflated U.S. price have it at it.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:05 AM
powerjets
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jzuniga
Not to mention the fact that the whole thing is BS! :-(… So if I buy a Chevy/Ford/GE/Sony/Samsung product, what ever? In the usa or asia, I can't have it warrantied or serviced in another country? Even if bought legally from an authorized dealer? Give me a break!

Z
mmmm...how about..
Jetcat USA does not service Jetcat Germany
Old 01-28-2014, 07:21 AM
Jeremy300
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jzuniga

Z
I live 10 miles from the US border. I can not buy a new car in the US, import into Canada and have a warranty. The car companies deny the warranty. Even though the car was built in Canada and exported to the US!!!

Corporation greed.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:22 AM
Jeremy300

Duplicate
Old 01-28-2014, 07:22 AM
kirkj
My Feedback: (61)

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
Kirkj,

You need to get your facts striaght before you post, the voltage on the 18mz is the same for the U.S. as it is for Japan, the only Futaba radios that have different voltages are the ones in France so its the rest of the world and France. 18mz can be region set in the radio, the power output is the same for JPN/US

ALSO, average BLSHV sbusb 2 servo is $70.00 cheaper on RCJAPAN, the JR Linear Hal Servos are $100.00 cheaper. But if you rather pay the over inflated U.S. price have it at it.
You sir better get YOUR facts straight..
i did not say voltage. what does voltage have to do with it?
Old 01-28-2014, 07:45 AM
luv2flyrc

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The global price discrepancies are rather annoying. I have noticed them on many hobby products and it certainly appears that the US dealers gouge us although some or all of it may be accounted for in import duties and taxes by our own governments.

Not sure about the power output, USA does allow 200mw, Europe only 100mw but, it may be that 18mz may only puts out the 100mw globally with no change for the USA market. Obviously, if it works in Europe, it works here. The difference in France is not the output but, the number of channels allocated in the 2.4 band.

The warranty is a different issue though, remember the warranty work or any work over here is done by Hobby Services, not Futaba. They would have the right to refuse to work on any radio that was not sold through them. Just like Jetcat USA or Horizon Hobby does with their products.

Mike

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 01-28-2014 at 07:50 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:24 AM
DiscoWings

Originally Posted by kirkj
You sir better get YOUR facts straight..
i did not say voltage. what does voltage have to do with it?
I meant wattage, but your claim that the Japanese 18mz has lower RF wattage than the U.S. is complete crap, all 18mz world wide have the same wattage, the only output difference is France because of how the regulate 2.4 ghz band
Old 01-28-2014, 09:33 AM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

RC Japan is a fantastic dealer, just from my own personal experience. Great communication, excellent pricing, awesome shipping. As far as warrantee, hell- even if you ever needed Hobbico or whoever to service your set, and had to pay for it out of pocket, you'd probably still save money overall!

And DiscoWings is right about Japan vs. US wattage. Same output.

Now as far as the whole disco thing, mmmwell...

Last edited by Rv7garage; 01-28-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:54 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Do your research regarding prices, while most are probably better and a few extremely better, I found one item I was looking at to be about 70% higher. The R6303SB (rx) was 10,500 JPY ($102.12) with Tower's price being $59.99. I'm not sure why the disparity, but there it is. On the flip side, one of the "higher-end" servos I was looking at was about 60% less than Tower.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:00 AM
Rv7garage

George, of course you are right. It always pays to research prices! And some of RC Japan's prices end up being the same or more, I agree. That's why sometimes I shop there, sometimes at A-Main, etc etc

"Do your research" is always good advice!
Old 01-28-2014, 11:13 AM
SushiHunter

I'll watch for the lessons learned on this one.

There are many differences in electronics between Japanese and US. Over the years it's probably changed up a bit, but during the years I lived there, I couldn't bring a car stereo that was made for use in Japan to America. Couldn't do the same with a tv or vcr, dvd, etc. ether. Even not all cell phones that are used in America can be used in Japan or visa versa. They use different frequencies in Japan compared to America.

In regards to the radio servicing and warrantee, I never had any issues with my radios back when they were non-computer. The 18mz is computerized and has software so anything is possible with something going wrong with it, both on the hardware and software.

Last edited by SushiHunter; 01-28-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:50 AM
Rv7garage

I've been reading what I can re: Futaba's warranty program, and it seems to me that if Hobbico gives you grief about warrantee service, all you have to tell 'em is that you were living in or working in Japan when you bought it. Provide the Proof of Purchase and I don't think they can legally deny you coverage. But who knows; I am sooo not a lawyer.

Also- I sent RC Japan a question, asking about FCC compliance and What mode is it, 1,2, what? We'll see what they say-

Last edited by Rv7garage; 01-28-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:30 PM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

Another example of how we are in a world-wide market for our hobby. I'm rooting for America to compete in prices, products, and service. Three out of three, not one or two out of three. Right now, the American companies have the best service, but import almost all of the products, and have the highest prices for those products. I'd rather save money to be able to buy more -- rather than pay a lot more for the same product, on the chance I might need some service, which is very rare.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:24 PM
Shaun Evans

Well,

I'd end up even when you count the money I'll spend on tuition for the 2-year course at my local junior college so I could program the radio...

I have a Futaba 12FG and love it for jets, but if I want to program a simple function like flaperons, I've got to seek help on RCU from the geeks/wizzes. I'm not nearly as confident in my JR/Spek gear, but at least I can figure out how to work it without smoking my brain.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:38 PM
harleydoberman

Horizon does not service "GREY MARKET" JR radios like most other vendors. This is posted on the JR
site.

Grey Market Repairs
Horizon does not perform repairs on items that were purchased from a non authorized JR Dealer in the Americas. This includes both warranty and non-warranty repairs. Horizons distribution area includes North America, South America and the Caribbean. It is important to confirm that you are buying from an authorized JR dealer to insure warranty coverage on your equipment. Hobby King is not an authorized dealer, therefore we do not offer service on JR products purchased from this vendor. Items sent to service and determined to be Grey Market will be returned without repair.

If the products are bought out of country most warranties are void. I guess Hobbico does the same thing. I know they are that way for DLE.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:13 PM
SushiHunter

Actually programming isn't really that bad on the 18mz imo anyways. Let's just say I've had more trouble programming the dvd player/recorder that I purchased when they first came out around 10 or so years ago. I've done some programming on my 18mz and it's not really been bad at all. Of course, doing something new that I've never done before on it isn't something I'd want to do at the field before flying the plane. But with the help of youtube vids, the owners manual and some advice I've gotten from on line by other members, I've spent only minimal time in the garage with the a/c and transmitter and have accomplished what I wanted with great results. It's really not that bad, just as long as you go in with an open mind and think "outside" the box sometimes.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:39 PM
impulse09
My Feedback: (3)

How do they know where the radio was purchased, serial number? Could Radio South repair it if Hobby Services refused?

Bought a JR heli from RCJapan. Shipping to the east coast was about 5 days. They charge a fee for paypal transactions, but I don't remember the percentage.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:57 PM
Rv7garage

3.5%, so you have to look at the whole equation. But if the price plus shipping plus credit card fee is still worth it, I will certainly buy from them again
Old 01-28-2014, 04:02 PM
impulse09
My Feedback: (3)

Just found another item that I purchased stateside that is about 50% less at RCJapan. Slightly pissed now.

I would buy from RCJapan again in a heartbeat.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:21 PM
iceman_2264725
My Feedback: (26)

Don't forget if it gets held up in customs your screwed,and they will report its value on it so you can pay your fair share of state tax on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.