Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

18MZ $2,220.00 shipped from RCJAPAN.NET

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

18MZ $2,220.00 shipped from RCJAPAN.NET

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 02:58 AM
dingo9882

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know I would love to buy that 18mz. Yes, it is probably over-kill and too expensive like many of you are saying. But, I just bought the 14sg and I feel like I should be kicking myself in the rear end right now. If tower would offer that 3 payment plan on the 18mz I would have jumped at it....I really would have. But, buying from an over seas distributer like that scares me a little. That is just me though. And with the warranty not being covered and so forth just isn't a smart option for me. I have had radio work done at radio south and hobby services and I just would feel more comfortable with them than with an over seas distributer I do not know too much about. Disco wings sounds like your going to be my lab rat. Because if this works out I might....just might look into this a little more.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:24 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by Jetflyer3000
Yes but aren't you minted
Thank you Dennis but not totally true!!

Anyway, my point which I foolishly forgot to make, was that companies who import all these items for sale don't have the luxury of undervaluing them, getting lucky at customs, not declaring this and that. That's why their prices are higher than an individual can often purchase for (unless the individual gets 'caught' and then realises just how much extra they (and companies) have to pay).
Old 01-30-2014, 10:53 AM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Having come from the model trade many years ago, I was made aware back then that the selling price was set by the Manufacturer and not the importer / distributor.
This was certainly the case for Futaba, OS and Hirobo items.
They all had 3 market areas that "they" managed......
First of all was always the Home market - products would always be released there before anywhere else in the world.
After that, then came the European and the American markets.
They would set the selling price for each of these regions and it was then left up to the importer / distributor to make it work wether they liked it or not !
It was not always possible to currency match any of the home market pricing and hence why a lot of people started to make their own arrangements to buy from overseas.

I can only assume that this may still be the practice and hence the wild price differences.

modtron
Oxford UK
Old 01-30-2014, 12:07 PM
pitstop000
My Feedback: (26)

We have a new 18MZ for sale here, US model $2350 with extra receiver if anyone is buying.

Last edited by pitstop000; 02-11-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:16 PM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pitstop000
We have a new 18MZ for sale here, US model $2350 with extra receiver if anyone is buying.
Are you an Authorized Distributor? Warrantee?
Old 06-23-2014, 05:25 PM
pijiland20023

Default 18mz

Hi, my friend
Did you oder 18mz at rcjapan.net?
Old 04-12-2015, 07:19 PM
impulse09
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by iceman_2264725
Don't forget if it gets held up in customs your screwed,and they will report its value on it so you can pay your fair share of state tax on it.
They scribble the price on the box for the world to see.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:29 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got a bill from the state of Arkansas for a German ACR kit I bought. They hit me up for a total of 9.5% (state, local and city taxes) + $26 in interest. Sheesh.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:37 AM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

andy, ship it to texas to me. i will hold it for you for just 5%. if i can fly it, then 3%
Old 04-13-2015, 09:48 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Originally Posted by impulse09
They scribble the price on the box for the world to see.

Honestly the amount of BS and FUD on this thread is epic:

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-im...ils/191898625/

ANYTHING HOBBY OR RC RELATED: 9503.00.0090

That is the HS code for hobby items and radio control, in the U.S. their are $0.00 import taxes. The only taxes you will have are your state, and if you used a BROKER his fee. There isn't a customs agent in the 55 states and u.s. territories that can tell you otherwise. Unless you are importing a whole container you don't need a broker with a bond.

All you have to do is make sure they put the HS code
9503.t00.0090 on your package, customs will not charge you anything. ALSO do not have it shipped FEDEX or UPS use regular USPS as the other 2 knucklehead shipping companies slap a broker fee automatically (Which is not a federal fee, its just a BS fee they like charging)
Old 10-28-2015, 10:26 PM
mshabandar

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
ILUVRCJ 2% coupon, total price is $2140, shipping is $75.00

https://rcjapan.net/futaba-tx-set-c-69_211/18mz-t-r-set-for-helicopter-p-14168

man.... Hobbico is too greedy....

hi ,

did you get the transmitter?, are you satisfied with it ? did you notice any difference compared with the 18mz suplied by the local dealer in USA ?

also please advise if your transmitter under warrantee by RC Japan, i already ordered the same transmitter on 15th September 2015 , it supposed to be delivered by end of October 2015 , but they informed me that i have to wait for one more month ( end of November ) they said that the delay is from the factory
the worst thing , when i asked them about the warantee , they said it is not applied because the warantee is only applied for JAPANESES buyers not for overseas buyers , this mean for any defect, i cannot send the item to the to fix it. please advise if they provide the warantee to yours

thanks
Old 10-29-2015, 08:29 AM
Airliner-rc

In September 2014 I ordered 18MZ from RC JAPAN. Delivery was 2 month, but everything was OK.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:58 AM
mshabandar

Did they provide a warantee ?
Old 10-29-2015, 07:52 PM
Airliner-rc

I have no problem with my 18MZ, but all guarantee paper with stamps was in the box.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:41 PM
Jeff Worsham
My Feedback: (28)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do the 18MZ's from RCJAPAN include the American FCC Approved sticker? Only wondering because Hobbieco says they won't service them if not.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:02 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Worsham
Do the 18MZ's from RCJAPAN include the American FCC Approved sticker? Only wondering because Hobbieco says they won't service them if not.
Even if they do have the FCC sticker Hobbico may not want to service them and if they do it will be all on your dime I am sure they won't offer any warranty service.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:58 AM
Jeff Worsham
My Feedback: (28)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ira d
Even if they do have the FCC sticker Hobbico may not want to service them and if they do it will be all on your dime I am sure they won't offer any warranty service.
Yea, you're probably right. I did send email to RC Japan at same time I posted above- they already and very politely responded! Unfortunately though, they do not have the American FCC approved sticker on radios they sell. So how does a guy get a Mode 1 18MZ in the US? May have to pay for a Mode2 to be converted. Nothing wrong with my 12Z's, may stick with them, but might be nice to have the telemetry.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:04 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Japanese currency has been steadily declining against the dollar, this radio now sells for $1,905.00. Not getting warranty service at this price really wouldn't bother me.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:25 AM
SushiHunter

Originally Posted by dionysusbacchus
Japanese currency has been steadily declining against the dollar, this radio now sells for $1,905.00. Not getting warranty service at this price really wouldn't bother me.
I've had my 18mz for about two years now and purchased it at my LHS within the US. I think the 18mz units before I got mine had an issue with the touch screen not being very responsive to the touch, as what some guys mentioned to me. Anyways, I've not had any issues at all with mine. So if not dropped or such how likely is it that they would require servicing and/or repair? It's a computer so the greatest risk is most likely software related. Now, like everything else from overseas, there are grades of product quality I'm sure that you would need to consider. From what I've experienced with electronics (just putting this point out on the table) that I've purchased while overseas, sometimes the quality of the work, materials used are of a different grade then the units assembled specifically for export. I've experienced this with audio and camera equipment before. I can't say for sure this is accurate and/or true for Futaba radios or not. But that's also something to consider. I've heard local guys talk about getting r/c radios overseas and then having issues with them. But I've had zero issues with the Futaba 18mz that I purchased in the US from my LHS.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:40 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dionysusbacchus
You will have warranty service from Japan. It's a small world out there guys, Fed ex gets your radio back to Japan just as fast as it gets it to Illinois.