Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New!! Jet central "power pak"

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New!! Jet central "power pak"

Old 02-08-2014, 05:50 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by karl hibbs
Is that how you spell Burner or does it mean something else.
The extra "n" is no charge... LOL
Old 02-08-2014, 07:41 AM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well none of us have any indication that these systems will be more or less reliable than the current models, but with the lifetime warranty that comes with all Jet Central turbines why would you think it would be more costly to replace? Looks to me like it could actually be a lot simpler to replace.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:02 PM
zonker123
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are the owner of a Jet Central Turbine with the power pack set up it will never cost you anything to have it serviced or replaced. It is one of the items that comes under the life time warranty list of covered components.

The Power Pack is a sealed unit and cannot be serviced in the field, it has to be replaced as a unit. Now ask yourself, how many of us carry extra pumps or ECU's, or even valves to the field with us to replace one that goes bad on the flight line. If that is a worry then purchase an extra Pack and IF one goes bad replace it then send the bad Pack to jet central for repair or replacement at NO charge ---excluding crashes of course. If you are at one of the many large meets that has Jet Central participation then take the power pack and drop it in Eric's lap and he will pull a new one out of his bag of goodies and exchange it with a smile on his face and at no cost to you.

I'm certain the designers at Jet Central have thought the same concerns that others have expressed here and designed the Power Pack to be reliable as possible. When you consider all the things that could go wrong every time we fire up our 1200 Degree match stick with 160 oz of fuel six inches from the front of it I think we should remember that the boogie man does not lurk around every corner. Otherwise we would never have any fun.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Justflying1

I could be wrong but surely they are going to charge you a fee for service. I would think the life time warranty is not going to cover the service intervals. Again I could be wrong.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:35 PM
RCISFUN

Originally Posted by Justflying1
I could be wrong but surely they are going to charge you a fee for service. I would think the life time warranty is not going to cover the service intervals. Again I could be wrong.
This is my guess, when you send your turbine in for the 25 hr service interval you would be required to send in the "Power Pack".

The fee for the 25 hr service interval would include the inspection of the power pack, it would also be my guess that they have a performance test that would be part of the inspection, i.e. pump pressure, flow rate etc. to determine the condition of the pump. If it indicated the need for replacement it would happen at that time.

I'm sure Eric will answer in detail when he gets back from his vacation.....

My question is did they incorporate some smart electronics under the front cover that communicates with the Power Pack, I assume the answer is yes as it was mentioned that there is a s-buss system. I would assume that the smarts under the cover would store the operational parameters, and items like run time, serial number etc, everything that is required for the particular turbine.

Which then leads to another question, is it compatible with telemetry that all the radio manufactures are coming out with.

Then my last question, which someone else asked, is the pump a brushless design.... I sure hope so
Old 02-08-2014, 02:25 PM
zonker123

Originally Posted by Justflying1
Right, the 25 hour service does cost 250 bucks.

If you are at the field and your power pack (or most anything else on the motor) malfunctions it will be replaced at no cost if your turbine is at 10 mins or 100 mins or 1000 mins. It is covered by the warranty. Say you throw a blade with 14 hours on the motor, provided it wasn't FOD damage the only cost to you is shipping to the factory. You will not be charged a service fee for the repair. Iv'e been flying Jet Central for 5 years now, the few problems I've had have been resolved with little issue or output of funds.

Rich
Eric was getting ready for his trip when we did the deal so we didn't get into the workings of the power pack .
I'm sure he will read this thread in a day or 2 and fill in the blanks for us. I do know the RPM and TEMP sensor are S-Buse from the motor to the ECU
mike
Old 02-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Experience of Lifetime warranties is they are very good until you try to use them
Old 02-08-2014, 02:55 PM
patfairlane
My Feedback: (170)

Last edited by patfairlane; 02-14-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:56 PM
siclick33

I think it would be tidier if they put the valves under the turbine cover so that you only had to run one fuel line. 2 fuel lines is old school!
Old 02-08-2014, 03:33 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetflyer3000
My Experience of Lifetime warranties is they are very good until you try to use them
Not with Jet Central, some other company's: yes.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:38 PM
rcand

is there really an advantage. If one component goes bad then the whole power box has to be replaced.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:27 PM
RCISFUN

Originally Posted by patfairlane
I have a question to the Jet Central Turbine owners out there....How do you send your turbines in for service ???. Do you send it to Eric ??..Or do you send it to Mexico.??..If you send it to Mexico,by what shipper....USPS...UPS...or FEDEX...???...I have talked to 3 people and received 3 different answers.....I fear the one I sent last month has vanished.....It shows to have been delivered,but no one has admitted they have it...I have second turbine that needs service...Im just afraid to loose a second one...Anyone else service the Jet Central turbines ???...
I have always sent mine to Eric.
I always ship USPS with tracking numbers.
The only service (for Warranty) is the factory in Mexico.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:49 PM
patfairlane
My Feedback: (170)

Last edited by patfairlane; 02-14-2014 at 01:19 PM. Reason: left out wording
Old 02-08-2014, 09:01 PM
The Great Squintini

Jetcat does have it. Everything is inside of a P-90RXI
Old 02-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Justflying1

Originally Posted by The Great Squintini
Jetcat does have it. Everything is inside of a P-90RXI
You are full of $&/!
I have two of these engines and they don't have everything inside. You are wrong and misinforming.
I also like the engines.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:29 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

I guess I agree with Zonker here. If a JetCentral engine gives trouble it is pretty likely a "module" swap could have you airborne again in no time flat. Ultimately that may be the advantage of having everything in one box. The problem will be in either either the module or the turbine. I am not very experienced with turbines but if mine failed I might have trouble determining if it was a valve or pump or whatever. Getting back in the air quickly could be more valuable than anything. As for separate component pricing we will have to wait and see but nowadays it is often just as expensive to replace a multifunction module as an individual component. If the JetCentral module is less expensive than the valves and pump (totaled) it replaces it might be a great way to do business.

Last edited by husafreak; 02-08-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:23 AM
zonker123

Here is some info from jet Central

Mike:

Here is the link on YouTube of our Power Pack test of fuel soaked components. We did this test for obvious reasons. . . in anticipation of such an occurrence. BTW, there is no expense other than down time should any part of this system fail as it is "completely covered" by our LTW AND may be serviced in the field. I will have spares should they be needed.

Last, in our tests, heat from the turbine is a much greater risk to "under the cowl" mounted components than would be fuel leak in Power Pack.

Eric.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87JoTswoC6M&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by zonker123; 02-12-2014 at 06:03 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:58 PM
junkjet
My Feedback: (55)

Nice. Test looked good. Wander if my rabbit will have this when it comes back from Mexico.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:29 PM
JackD
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by patfairlane
I have a question to the Jet Central Turbine owners out there....How do you send your turbines in for service ???. Do you send it to Eric ??..Or do you send it to Mexico.??..If you send it to Mexico,by what shipper....USPS...UPS...or FEDEX...???...I have talked to 3 people and received 3 different answers.....I fear the one I sent last month has vanished.....It shows to have been delivered,but no one has admitted they have it...I have second turbine that needs service...Im just afraid to loose a second one...Anyone else service the Jet Central turbines ???...
I have sent mine to Mexico both UPS and USPS. UPS doesn't let you use their UPS store if you want it paid by the receiver in another country, so you have to go to one of their customer service centers (which in my case, are very far from me),or pay for the shipment yourself at the UPS Store rate, which is really really high. Also, UPS requires more paperwork (some commercial invoice)

My next shipment to Mexico I did it with USPS. It was flawless. No ridiculous paperwork, no mystery. Dropped it off on a Monday, they had it in their hands by Thursday in Mexico. Price was about a 1/3 of UPS or Fedex (70$ from Oakland)

So, My next shipment will definitely be through USPS

Important thing though: follow Eric's or Juan's instruction on the product description and value, Otherwise you get stuck in customs

My personal learning: USPS is much better than most people think!!

Jack
Old 02-10-2014, 03:08 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats Jet Central on continuing to make enhancements and improvements to your turbines. I like the idea. It looks like a really clean solution to the individual mounting we all have to to.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:50 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Originally Posted by rcand
is there really an advantage. If one component goes bad then the whole power box has to be replaced.
Actually, I think that is the advantage. There is less troubleshooting involved. Instead of waiting for the component you thought was bad too show up only to find out that wasn't the problem you replace many components in one swap increasing the odds you got rid of the faulty component.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:15 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

How often do you change those parts? Hardly ever. The same one could be used for multiple turbines so you could always have one on hand given the very unlikelihood one would go bad.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Jetmodeler

I was fortunate to get an early Power Pack, converted my well used Rabbit, still in the Vampire putting on flights. I like this change, installation is clean not having to deal with all the plumbing associated with solenoid valves. Mount the turbine, power pack, and run two hoses and one electrical connection to the turbine, then one hose from the header tank, receiver throttle connection, and battery cable and installation is completed, very clean. If you have multiple airframes with the same turbine swapping the turbine from one to next will only take a few minutes, gonna change the game.
Jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Power Pack Fuel Side.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	370.6 KB
ID:	1967488   Click image for larger version

Name:	Power Pack TV.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	358.3 KB
ID:	1967489  
Old 02-11-2014, 07:01 AM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Festo on suction hm? And and the last picture show uat type fuel connection ,witch is the right ? Connection ?
Old 02-11-2014, 07:13 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sysiek
Festo on suction hm? And and the last picture show uat type fuel connection ,witch is the right ? Connection ?
I am guessing the housing is threaded and you can make that "fuel in" fitting anything you want??
Vin...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.