Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Desert Jet Storm is back !!!

Old 02-09-2014, 04:13 AM
Chris Balling

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Desert Jet Storm is back !!!

Big time kudo's go to Terry, Freddy, Marv, and Alan, as well as the many behind the scenes club workers for returning the premier event of the winter. A tiny 'bit of clouds and cool air (a rarity for Phoenix) dampened Thursday and Friday (but, WOW did the turbines perform), but Saturday was true form to the Southwest. A monumental THANK YOU needs to go out to the club president Bob Baratko. Without his dedication, and tenaciousness with the State of Arizona, the field would still be laying in a state of ruin. It was an honor to once again fly at this event.

Chris Balling
FLY NAVY

Last edited by Chris Balling; 02-09-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:15 AM
Esprit

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Looking forward to next year Chris, Noel and I will be back to try and break our record. As you said above well done to everybody that put in loads of work to get Desrert Storm back in the air. Roll on 2015. Arizona in February is the place to be.

Jonathan
Old 02-09-2014, 06:46 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Terry, Freddy and the speedworld crew did an awesome job running the event. This was a drama free weekend. Everyone that was there was relaxed and having fun. Pilots were able to fly as much as they wanted. I'm sure that Desert Jet Storm will build itself back to the Premier Winter Jet event. This weekend was a great start.

Last edited by quist; 02-09-2014 at 08:23 AM.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:06 AM
mtnflyer14

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I echo the congrats to Terry, Freddy and the Speedworld RC club leadership to get DJS back on the map this year. The Colorado contingent had a great time and will be back in force next year!
Regards,
Gus