Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Are all the arf jets built in one place in China?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Are all the arf jets built in one place in China?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 08:15 PM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are all the arf jets built in one place in China?

Am I the only one that notice that all these jets Fb, Jetlegend, xtreme even the new xtremearf jets are pretty much the same jet. Now I didn't include Skymasterpro and FEJ at this time. I feel like maybe Anton started designing his own now.

I have been studying the Hawk in the 1.45. I notice the Gobal Jet guys talked about the new one coming out and I pretty sure it is a Fb Jet. The pictures are from there web site. It is the exact same as the new Xtremearf except the FB seems to be using Plywood for the formers and Xtreme is showing carbon fiber. The size is exact same as the current Fly Eagle except Fly Eagle has not change from honey comb to the airex material like these other examples.

It appears these jet companies are simply final assembly distributors. in the past the xtreme line up was almost the exact same as FB jets like f-18, F-16, F-4.

I have nothing against this I am just trying to figure out where the best place to spend my money on a good Bae Hawk scale jet and get something built well that will hold up after 20+ flights.

I really like this new xtremearf but not sure about the company. Ben there done that with FEJ..really sad because I really like there jets. James has treated me very good by giving my deposit back last spring when all hell broke loose on them. I told him I would love to buy from them but..I need not say ...you can enough on these boards.

With that said I would love to try out the xtremearf hawk but I am affraid of my past experience of never getting a jet.

I know the Skymaster is the only way to go with there customer service and quality but the hawk it so much smaller than the 1.45.

I really can't afford the airworld or skygate and already have a K-180g that was bought in December of 2012 for the FEJ Hawk.

So does anyone else want tell the story on why so many jets come from china that are just a like but are led to believe they make there own?
Old 02-12-2014, 08:54 PM
ChicoFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious if maybe all of these guys are using the same set of molds for their models? I would think from a manufacturing perspective, that would probably be the most difficult part to come up with, all of the interior structures can be machined from flat stock on an inexpensive CNC.

As far as carbon fiber parts coming from China (are these new manufacturers making their shells from composites primarily?) there are some really good manufacturers. About 2 years ago when I was doing a great deal of mountain biking, there was a lot of discussion on quality carbon fiber bike frames. Believe it or not, a majority of the very high quality frames come from Chinese manufacturers.

I believe China will be to carbon fiber and composites as Japan was to electronic devices.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:35 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they are just copying each other. All you need to do is get one of your competitors planes, coat it in mold release and use it for a plug for your own mold. If you are good, the plane may not even be damaged in the process. Some are good at figuring out what the inside structure should be and others aren't That is the big problem!