Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Tool From BVM - Clevis Pliers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Tool From BVM - Clevis Pliers

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 07:02 PM
roger.alli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DanSavage
Maybe he plays classical/fingerstyle guitar?

Hard to say without seeing his left hand, though.
That is exactly the reason I need one of these do-flickies.. I'm a very amateur guitarist, but I'm sick of breaking my index nail trying to fit clevises.
BTW, BVMs "Hand" models are lovely.

Sent from my computer,
It's only an HP, but one day if I work hard, and am very lucky, I hope to be an elitist Mac user and look down my nose at all the plebs on PCs
(Note 1, this is sarcasm),
(Note 2, which needs to be explained as this is the internet.)

Roger
Old 02-19-2014, 07:06 PM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sysiek
Dustin I have idea for one more attachment witch is the fuel line stretcher for 4mm to make them easier to instal over bigger nipple and bulky filters ,and nother attachment to help remove the same fuel line from fuel pumps will look like two u shape same size is the fuel pipe nipple one will push the fuel line away and the other u will rest on the pump ,,patent pending,, let me know if you like the idea thanks.and one more think make the Clevis attachment with 80degree angle for easier reach from the back or front not just vertical .
I was a pipe fitter in a GM plant. They already make tools as you describe to push & pull rubber hose from clampless barbed fittings.

Too large for our purposes though.

I might have one out in my tool chest if you want me to take some PIX.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:12 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

I did use same tool when I was working rebuilding carburetors and emotions control valves .
Old 02-19-2014, 10:51 PM
Kevin_W
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustin Buescher
I can't help but laugh at what the RCU trolls think up. I can assure that "The Hand" is not BV's, there is not a drop of paint or CA residue. Jokers be warned the next time you call the BVM office and reach one of the lovely ladies that answer the phone....they know who you are.

Each of the "real" modelers asked to test/try the product have had nothing but positive things to say. I've heard "I wish I had this 20 years ago." several times.

In my opinion, the ease of clevis installation in servo pockets and on tight flap control horns is worth every penny.

Sent from my Mac Book Pro!
Dustin,
It was a joke, and veiled threats aside, I think Bob knows who the "real modelers" are.

As I said in my first reply, I think the tool, is "brilliant". I wish I had thought of it. I will probably buy one as soon as I can set up a phantom buyer to save myself from the retribution of the lovely ladies who will take the order.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:23 PM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
Why do you guys always pound the p*ss out of anyone that comes out with new stuff? I'll buy one, great idea, will get it with my next BVM order.

Unfortunately, one can't buy good tools anymore even if you want to spend the money because your $4.99 Walmart mentality has put all the quality manufacturers out of business and driven it to China. Now we get to choose crap or crap.

BTW, I'll probably order it on my Macbook Pro, IMac or maybe the Ipad mini, depends which one I'm on at the moment. You're in the wrong segment of the hobby if you're looking to save money.

Mike
I am afraid you are incorrect on all counts except perhaps the computer you intend to order it on. I wonder who it is you are trying to impress in life, yourself perhaps

You are swimming against a tide that is so strong produced by over 3 billion people you have absolutely no chance what so ever

Last edited by Jetflyer3000; 02-19-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:12 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetflyer3000
I am afraid you are incorrect on all counts except perhaps the computer you intend to order it on. I wonder who it is you are trying to impress in life, yourself perhaps

You are swimming against a tide that is so strong produced by over 3 billion people you have absolutely no chance what so ever
It's not about impressing people. There's a certain satisfaction in using quality tools that work and do the job they are intended for without having them fall apart or need repairs/ modifications. I'd rather spend the money to get good stuff (most people, the 3 billion you refer to would not).

We're deep in winter here now. I own a Honda snow blower. I could have bought 4 Chinese made snow blowers for less than the price of my Honda.The Honda starts up and purrs like a hungry kitten blowing snow 40ft in the air off my driveway. My neighbour struggles to start his Chinese built thrower ( the second one he's had in two years). When it does start, it chugs along making all sorts of strange sounds spitting snow out 5ft to either side. I'm in my house having a nice cup of hot tea while he's still out there in -20d weather, FN around with his. The Honda was worth every penny I paid for it.

I'm glad there are a few companies left like BVM and Honda that produce some quality products, even though they sell far less quantity, I thank them for not caving to the "3 Billion" members of the Walmart crowd.

Mike

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 02-20-2014 at 06:01 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:46 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Luv2Flyrc. AMEN!
Old 02-20-2014, 06:33 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Japanese have a highly paid, highly skilled, highly motivated & constitutionally unionized work force. Their labor costs are higher than ours.

Want to know the difference between them & the US? It’s their corporate ideology. Their executives expect to stay at a given position for years or a lifetime. No sucking up & advancing up the corporate ladder before their bad decisions catch up W/them. It's called accountability. When a Japanese corporation fails, management apologizes to the work force for their failure. A far cry from what I witnessed in 18 years W/GM. In GM management, your primary responsibilty is to avoid responsibility.

The Germans have a similar corporate mentality. (as the Japanese) When MB cut cost a few years back, the 1st thing they cut were redundant layers of management, not the people that actually built the product.

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 02-20-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:19 AM
hairy46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was fighting with a clevis just last night, ended up breaking it, tool like this looks great to me!
Old 02-20-2014, 03:22 PM
roger.alli

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
It's not about impressing people. There's a certain satisfaction in using quality tools that work and do the job they are intended for without having them fall apart or need repairs/ modifications. I'd rather spend the money to get good stuff (most people, the 3 billion you refer to would not).

We're deep in winter here now. I own a Honda snow blower. I could have bought 4 Chinese made snow blowers for less than the price of my Honda.The Honda starts up and purrs like a hungry kitten blowing snow 40ft in the air off my driveway. My neighbour struggles to start his Chinese built thrower ( the second one he's had in two years). When it does start, it chugs along making all sorts of strange sounds spitting snow out 5ft to either side. I'm in my house having a nice cup of hot tea while he's still out there in -20d weather, FN around with his. The Honda was worth every penny I paid for it.

I'm glad there are a few companies left like BVM and Honda that produce some quality products, even though they sell far less quantity, I thank them for not caving to the "3 Billion" members of the Walmart crowd.

Mike
+1 Mike, I stand with you against the tide of 3 billion, and am very glad that companies like of BVM have survived.

Why? Building and flying model jets is my recreation, and I put a very high value on my recreation time. I'm a kit builder, and I really enjoy working with good quality design and components. Companies like BVM provide this quality. and I am happy to pay the premium. For me at least, it is certainly not about showing off.

On the other hand, I completely understand people who enjoy the “Plug and Play” aspect of the hobby, which is predominantly lowest cost driven. Obviously low cost has its benefits and lots of people enjoy the extremely cheap products available nowadays. I understand that the China revolution has made the hobby accessible to many many people. And good on them. It is just not for me.

What I really don’t understand, is why people would criticize me for spending my money, however I choose.

Roger
Old 02-20-2014, 09:45 PM
Kelly Rohrbach

Great looking tool, will have to include it in my next order. Fair price when you consider what it can save you especially when working around clevises that are near a painted surface. Not to mention damage to the clevis itself.