Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Problem w/Kingtech Fuel Pump Harness

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Problem w/Kingtech Fuel Pump Harness

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 04:17 PM
redbiscuits
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problem w/Kingtech Fuel Pump Harness

FYI,

I have been chasing down a fuel pump problem for the past few days on a new engine, turns out the connector on the harness to the ecu had some loose connections in the plug. Good thing I was setting everything up on the stand before mounting it in a plane.
Although very frustrating, the fix is simple.
I took a T-pin and pushed the connectors in closer together for a better connection. Now I can't get it to do it no matter how much jiggling I do. Might be worth all you guys testing out your connector before you mount everything in the plane. Or better yet, Kingtech do a better job of putting these harnesses together.
Hate to see something like this bring a plane down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPbQm34m9h4
Old 02-19-2014, 10:38 PM
GhostRider 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bisquit,

How many times are you going to post this, turbine clinic and now main page? It's great you figured it out all by yourself that you had a bad connector, but stating everyone should check their cables like this is an epidemic is kind of foolish. And making a statement like "Kingtech do a better job putting harness' together" is just as foolish. I'm sure KingTech has sold a few thousand turbines by now and no one else has posted cable issues, so the 1 cable you found that had a bad connector out of a few thousand is pretty good QC IMO. Now stop patting yourself on the back and go fly your Kingtech!!

Ghostrider 1 out!!

Proud owner of a K-100, K-140 & K-180
Old 02-19-2014, 10:58 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No worries Ghostrider, we thank Gary for bringing this up and will do what we can at the factory to weed out the problem before it becomes one, however, in the meantime, it'd be a good measure to inspect the female contacts of these Multiplex connectors and pinch them closer as needed.

Thanks,
Barry
Old 02-20-2014, 03:01 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Thank you for the headsup Gary.It was a right move to state this info also in this forum.
We will spread the word as your post might save some ones toy.

Originally Posted by GhostRider 1
Bisquit,
... I'm sure KingTech has sold a few thousand turbines by now and no one else has posted cable issues
Gostrider don't be so "sure". As another member says in its signature "This forums cant handle the truth".
Further more i don't know what your problem is and you are calling another member a fool.
Before you make a personal attack have you take onboard the fact that this member is the owner of the actual product.
That gives him the right to state his opinion and experience.

….i wonder if this post will get disappeared like the FEJ ones!
Old 02-20-2014, 04:53 AM
redbiscuits

Go start a drama party somewhere else GhostRider 1, in your 43 posts, that's what you seem to be good at.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:45 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good catch Redbiscuits..I didn't see his post in the turbine clinic about this matter.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:18 AM
GhostRider 1

George,

If you take time to read my post, I didn't call a member a fool, I said it is "foolish" to post this isolated issue like it was a problem for everyone that owns a Kingtech. It was also "foolish" to make a comment that Kingtech needs better QC over 1 bad multiplex plug. I also think that posting it multiple times in multiple threads is either trying to start a witch-hunt or looking for a pat on the back. This was 1st addressed in the turbine clinic and should have stayed there. I guess the next JR 8911 that fries I should start a thread saying everyone that uses 8911's should stop using them because mine fried? silly silly silly....
Old 02-20-2014, 10:27 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Good find OP.

I like to hear about all possible problems on anything I use.

Wait, 8911's are blowing up now?
Old 02-20-2014, 10:28 AM
GhostRider 1

Start a drama party??? Good at starting a drama party??? NOT....It is obvious you were trying to start a drama party by posting in multiple places about the same issue.. I guess someone has to have thousands of posts to be taken serious or us new guys are just trolls. Fortunately, I have a life and I have better things to do with my time than sit on RCU and make comments everyday, on every thread, to get such a high rating as yourself.

My Bad,

Ghostrider 1
Old 02-20-2014, 11:17 AM
redbiscuits

Ghostrider 1

Not that I need to defend myself to you, but I will because you don't seem to get it, and I will kindly do it publicly.

I'm probably not the only one that visits the manufacturer's sub-forums unless I have a problem. I thought that it might be helpful to post it in the main forum to raise awareness of a potential issue. If one bad MPX connector is enough to bring down thousands of dollars worth of investment, then I think it is important for fellow modelers out there to know about it.
Although I'm sure RCU congratulates you for looking out for their server storage issues when it comes to multiple threads started, I assure you that I'm not looking for a pat on the back. Berto (RemoteJets) in the Netherlands suggested that I check the connector, as he has had the same issue in the past. So give him the credit, not me.

Also, I didn't ask for anything from Kingtech, I didn't ask them for a replacement harness, nor am I trying to bash them in anyway. Matter of fact, I sent Barry a "thank you" message first thing this morning for backing me when you tried to "shoot the messenger".

As far as being a troll, it already looks like those shoes fit you perfectly.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:19 AM
marquisvns

Unfortunately this isn't an isolated incident, we had failures due to faulty connectors. I have been reporting back to the factory about this this very problem for a bit now, and only yesterday that they concluded that there had been a batch of silicone insulated wire cables made with questionable connectors and we have already stopped providing these cables with engines.

If you have a stiffer set of wire and with a green rather then blue on the pump/battery side, you should have nothing to worry about, for those with softer silicone wires and a blue on the pump/battery side, please make sure all female contacts for both sets of cables are pinched in closer.

We now first inspect the cables sets and store them in the engine test room, run each engine with the set of cables that will be included, during running, we will wiggle at all connections to ensure proper contacts.

Thank you,
Barry
Old 02-20-2014, 11:34 AM
marquisvns

Yes I did receive a very pleasant and supportive email from Gary, thank you and Berto of Netherlands for bringing this up, we are here to support you all the way.

Regards,
Barry
Old 02-20-2014, 12:22 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

I think I should start a "CHECK jet cat solenoid thread, they might have given you a crap one because they actually don't test the equipment that's included with the turbine, its only bench run with their setup" thread. Afterall it happened to me so it could happen to other people as well....