Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jets Over Kentucky Week 2014-"World's Grandest Jet Event"

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jets Over Kentucky Week 2014-"World's Grandest Jet Event"

Old 07-15-2014, 11:22 AM
rchobbymodels

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lewis I've been out from the scene for 4 years and what a job you have done, you place jets over Kentucky on another level, what great event, I also would like to congratulate your team especially Marvin, never saw so many dedication to have a very good job done. I would like to recognize and congratulate "Flying" Ryan Robertson for his achievement on the turbine waiver at so young age, and also to a warm reception of my old and new friends that I have not seen since 2010, Lewis count on me and Xtreme ARF we will be there next year with new models to show.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:23 PM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

Here's the promotion that ran on WDRB Channel 41, Louisville, KY.

http://www.wdrb.com/category/163829/...autostart=true
Old 07-15-2014, 01:30 PM
jeteye

Wagner, It was great to see you again! Everything went very well, and I'm ready to start working on 2015. Thanks for your support, and I look forward to working with you again.

Can't wait until I get the F-100!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lewis

Originally Posted by rchobbymodels
Lewis I've been out from the scene for 4 years and what a job you have done, you place jets over Kentucky on another level, what great event, I also would like to congratulate your team especially Marvin, never saw so many dedication to have a very good job done. I would like to recognize and congratulate "Flying" Ryan Robertson for his achievement on the turbine waiver at so young age, and also to a warm reception of my old and new friends that I have not seen since 2010, Lewis count on me and Xtreme ARF we will be there next year with new models to show.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:01 PM
Gary Arthur
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a video of an Airworld Hawk at Kentucky Jets on Saturday.

http://youtu.be/X1xkVK-WDYM
Old 07-15-2014, 02:11 PM
myersflyers
My Feedback: (33)

All I can say is what a great event. This was my first time at KJ and my family and I really enjoyed our
time there. Looking forward to next year. Special Thanks to Lewis for his tremendous help and such a large,
but well run jet show. Thanks to my wife for taking the many pictures while I spent so much time wrenching
on my plane, visiting and checking out other jets. .

Rgds,
Keith

Last edited by myersflyers; 07-15-2014 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:35 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

wow thats the nuttiest music ever in the videos lol...
Old 07-15-2014, 09:43 PM
islander208

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Last video from Friday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZzDaklmN2Q
Old 07-16-2014, 10:27 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

eliteswat dude... Its Wednesday, where are our videos?
Old 07-16-2014, 10:50 AM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Look on the main page for new thread.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:42 PM
islander208

This video from Friday PM and Saturday AM.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDQprEQ2l3A&list=UUKKCUaioh2JWxwU5fl6G0QA
Old 07-16-2014, 02:42 PM
kyates

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140713_115241.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	2014808  
Old 07-16-2014, 03:11 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by kyates
Hey Keith that looks a lot like mine!
Old 07-16-2014, 07:52 PM
kyates

It's just missing a few servos and a motor
Old 07-17-2014, 03:56 AM
islander208

Video from Saturday AM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALMkJPf7ojA
Old 07-17-2014, 04:51 AM
sam@ata
My Feedback: (16)

To all pilots and support staff of Jets Over Kentucky, I wish a big thank you for a great experience actually flying in this grand event. Even if my plane was a "foamy" 20lb A-10 running EDF's, I flew Weds three times and basically the flight line was full but that did not phase me and the feeling I got flying among the real jets is one to remember. Greatful to the people who spotted for me and keeping me in the traffic safely. Marvin was great in keeping the flight line running smooth and I hope he will be able to follow next year with the same professionalism.
I appreciated all the comments about the Hog and its not completely finished yet!!! Myself and the electric hog will be back next year and I will plan better to be able to stay the whole week. I had to return to work Thursday and Friday which led me to leaving before the real fun and flying kicked into high gear.

Lewis my friend, coming in the past years as a spectator was great but actually to register and fly was priceless. I have flown in the Mint Julep Scale Meet, Wings for Kids, NATS, and E-Jets along with various warbird flyins and by far this has been the most enjoyable. I owe much gratitude to you as my instructor when I moved to the area and then watching you fly your first Byron Mig, inspiration for sure!! Then there was AMA pattern, those were the days. Thank you Lewis for helping and teaching me the finer points.
I look forward to next year with new jets, hopefully a turbine and another EDF, scale of course so till then be safe and fly more.

Special mentions to Boli for finding out what his F4 can do on some better batteries. No more fireworks in the pits for you my friend. BillyD for helping and spotting for me on that Tuesday evening. RCKen for talking about the IT world and insight and for video on the A-10. Looking forward that very soon.
Sam

Last edited by sam@ata; 07-17-2014 at 04:53 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:53 AM
BILLYDSRC

Hi Sam, I can say one thing. The look on your face when you were flying was priceless my friend!! I know I should of been watching the sky's when you were flying but I had to sneak a peek at you to see how Much Fun you were having!!! Great flying Billy D

Originally Posted by sam@ata
To all pilots and support staff of Jets Over Kentucky, I wish a big thank you for a great experience actually flying in this grand event. Even if my plane was a "foamy" 20lb A-10 running EDF's, I flew Weds three times and basically the flight line was full but that did not phase me and the feeling I got flying among the real jets is one to remember. Greatful to the people who spotted for me and keeping me in the traffic safely. Marvin was great in keeping the flight line running smooth and I hope he will be able to follow next year with the same professionalism.
I appreciated all the comments about the Hog and its not completely finished yet!!! Myself and the electric hog will be back next year and I will plan better to be able to stay the whole week. I had to return to work Thursday and Friday which led me to leaving before the real fun and flying kicked into high gear.

Lewis my friend, coming in the past years as a spectator was great but actually to register and fly was priceless. I have flown in the Mint Julep Scale Meet, Wings for Kids, NATS, and E-Jets along with various warbird flyins and by far this has been the most enjoyable. I owe much gratitude to you as my instructor when I moved to the area and then watching you fly your first Byron Mig, inspiration for sure!! Then there was AMA pattern, those were the days. Thank you Lewis for helping and teaching me the finer points.
I look forward to next year with new jets, hopefully a turbine and another EDF, scale of course so till then be safe and fly more.

Special mentions to Boli for finding out what his F4 can do on some better batteries. No more fireworks in the pits for you my friend. BillyD for helping and spotting for me on that Tuesday evening. RCKen for talking about the IT world and insight and for video on the A-10. Looking forward that very soon.
Sam
Old 07-17-2014, 09:26 AM
jeteye

Need to Contact Bob Neal on some Jets Over Kentucky information. 502-592-5267. Have him call me. Contacted today.....

Thanks,
Lewis

Last edited by jeteye; 07-17-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:16 AM
islander208

Another video from Saturday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Qe6XRnYNY
Old 07-17-2014, 10:53 AM
Roger Shipley
My Feedback: (35)

Default Over & Out Til 2015

Lewis Patton’s, JOK, whether one prefers a HUGH event or not, is an unprecedented well organized HAPPENING. After 10 years I am still awed at the attendance, sorties, vendors, news media, spectators as well at the number & size of motor homes & coaches. The onsite rolling stock has gotta be in the millions.
JOK was a different gig for me as I normally stay at the Hampton but was invited to join the Bowling family in Mt Washington. What a pleasure to be welcomed into one’s family as if you had some blood privileges. I never felt any more at home than if I was at home! Even their son, CJ, seemed genuinely gracious to relinquish his bed room for the week.
So on to the jet scene with Jerry’s buddies, Keith, Kent, Drew, Todd, etc. that are in an out of his shop from early morn to say 3AM. His shop is in a detached garage in front, big shop in the middle & a paint room in the back. Well we certainly made use of it dealing with my Hawg, Metal Cat & Hawker Hunter as well as Kent’s Hawk, Drew’s Viper & on & on. Man I mean it was 24/7 jets, jets & jets.
To add to the delight Tina, Jerry’s roommate, delivered fried squash slices (which I had not had tasted in decades) to the shop, subsequently ringing the dinner bell for BLTs & homemade pies….WOW ! ! !
The flying weather was perfect from Wednesday till closing the gates Sunday evening. My first hawg flight was great until I tried to delay touch down for traffic back taxing on the center stripe, stalled busting the nose gear. So a pair of retract side brackets, nose strut, some nicks & scrapes that Jerry has graciously agreed to repair & the tank busted will be hammering the scene again. Thanks to Keith Yates getting the Metal Cat trimmed we had 5 fast, I mean faster than I had flown in many a year, flights.
We ventured over to a private field on Thursday morning, outside of New Albany, Indiana, to test fly Kent’s hawk & Jerry to singe the sky line with his Ultra Flash. This site is absolutely the most beautiful & user friendly flying facility I have ever witnessed. The Mint Julep & Scale Masters are held at this facility.
We plan on hosting an Invitational Event here during 2015.

Keith Yates should have been in this picture but he was on the flight line at the time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JOK-Pies.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	2014966   Click image for larger version

Name:	JOK-Grand Daughter.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	2014967   Click image for larger version

Name:	JOK-Crew.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	766.4 KB
ID:	2014968  
Old 07-17-2014, 04:38 PM
kyates

Great job with the videos Buck keep up the good work and yes Roger the test pilot should be in the picture also just kidding seeing you with a big smile is always better. Keith
Old 07-17-2014, 09:58 PM
islander208

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqbE7pPK1PM
Old 07-18-2014, 01:58 PM
emaupin451

Larry it was great to meet you and thanks for the use of your tools and a BIG THANKS for giving my buddy Joe a canopy for his Tornado and getting him back in the air. Sure hope you get to come back next year!!!!!
Originally Posted by 4ptroll
Some Random photos from JOK 2014.

This was my first time there and I was Blown Away by the entire event. The spirit of the vent and the HARD WORK and dedication of Lewis and his crew was awesome. Lewis are you sure your 67 years of age? I got tired watching you.

I'll see you guys next year.

Larry Roper

"The Boston Strong Tent"
Old 07-18-2014, 04:54 PM
DAN AVILLA
My Feedback: (12)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Just got home and Coleen and I had a great time. Many new friends and the best Kentucky event I have been to Thanks to Lewis and all the helpers. Dan Avilla
Old 07-19-2014, 06:10 AM
islander208

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqjWsNQGbFY
Old 07-19-2014, 07:04 AM
Chris Balling

We; too, just arrived home and wish to thank Lewis and his entire crew for another fantastic Kentucky Jets. The hospitable nature of the town folk, the beautiful countryside all contribute to this event, but most importantly; nothing comes close to the organizational skills exhibited to Lewis. And; No Politics! Thanks Lewis, and many more thanks to Kentucky.

Chris & Carole Balling

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.