"World's Grandest Jet Event"
Jets Over Kentucky Week July 6-13-2014
Jets Over Kentucky Week will offer even more excitement for 2014. Jets Over Kentucky drew 192 pilots from all over the world last year, and this year promises to be even better. Uninterrupted flying for our pilots the entire week. Flying will begin each day at 8:00am and conclude at darkness. All flying will be done from the main runway (5000 ft). Jet Central has sponsored three "Big Top Tents" (40X200) for our pilots.Two of the big tents are parallel to the concrete taxiway, and the third is in the grass, and parallel to the main runway. This Big Top will give pilots a clear view of all flying. A transport vehicle and trailer will be located at this tent for moving aircraft to the flight line. Pilots needing more space can rent as many sections as they need. If the entire 10X40 is not needed, each pilot is free to split the 250.00 cost with anyone willing to share. Pilots who rented space last year, will have first preferance for the 10X40 slots. The remaining 120ft of the"Big Tops"will still be available as free pilot space for pre-registered pilots, with 2013 attendees having their same place in the tent. We have plenty of space for all, so those new to the event shouldn't worry.Pop up tents are also welcome, and will be placed perpendicular to the east side Big Top in the grass area. No pop tents will be allowed on the taxiway or in between the Big Top Tents and the runway.Vendors Row like last year is perpendicular to the west Big Top (grass area). We'll have additional pilot space in the 40X200 tent located in the grassy area west of the taxiway. 10 slots in all big top tents will be premium rental space, and the remaining will be free pilot space. Pilots with free space will not have the entire slot to themselves. Depending on the number of aircraft, two or three pilots will share these accomodations. Pilots in all rental slots may choose to divide their slots with friends, or remain private.
Even more prizes, awards, and surprises for our polots this year! Something special from Jet Central, Four Spektrum Radios, Donated Kits and Accessories from sponsors, Money (50-50 drawing), Thursday evening swap meet, Friday night dinner (free to registered pilots, and sponsored by Jet Central), Saturday Night Awards Dinner (10.00 per person, 32 awards, Parade of Lights, Fireworks, T-28 Special, fighter Jet Showdown, Sport Jet Showdown, and much more.
Special Thanks to the City of Lebanon, Ky, The Lebanon Tourist & Convention Commission, and the Lebanon Springfield Airport.
Pre-registration is 60.00, and regular on-site registration is 70.00 (must pre-register by June 1st to keep your reserved tent space from last year). Regular Pre-registration deadline June 25th.
Click on the link to register online, or download the form to mail in.
Mail in Registration and Tent Forms..
11314 Corston Ct.
Make all checks payable to JetsOver Kentucky
2.00 fee added for online registrations
DVD / Jets Over Kentucky 2013 Now Available.The official Jets Over Kentucky Video and Picture DVD's are available now. Contact RC Ken for your orders (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is our best production yet! I have heard nothing but positive feedback from pilots who have purchased! Don't hesitate, contact RC Ken right away.
2013 Award winners
- Vernon Kramer "Award of Excellence"=Jet Central USA=Dan Avila-F-100
- Engineering Excellence=====Jet Central USA==Jim Martin-F-14
- Best Sport Jets===Jet Central USA===Richard Curry-Shockwave
- Contest Directors Award===Giant Model Products==Jerry Crow
- Top Gun =================Global Jet Club===Jim Hiller
- Pilots Choice ===========Global Jet Club===Michael Sarsyz
- Rookie Of The Year========Global Jet Club===Charlie Scaife
- Johnny Hernandez Memorial=Knight Walker Productions=David Payne
- Barry "Doc" Grove Memorial=========Scott Harris=Ken Olsen
- Best Sport Performance 1==King Tech USA==Pablo Fernandez-Shockwave
- Best Sport Performance 2======Dreamworks==Chris Hune-Ultra Bandit
- Special Recognition=Achievement=Dreamworks==Ali Machinchy-Falcon 7X
- Best Military Jet 3 =======Dreamworks==Dave Murray--T-33
- Best Military Performance 1 ======Robart Mfg.==Michael Sarsyz--F-15
- Best Military Performance 2 =Robart Mfg.=Dustin Beuscher-F-104
- Best Craftsmanship====Fly Eagle Jets==Lance Campbell-SR-71
- Best Military Jet 1 =======Details For Scale=Andy Clark--Hawker Hunter
- Best Military Jet2 ========Jackie Sacks==Greg Wright-F-100
- Future Young Superstar (15 or younger) ==Boli Muentes=Humberto Tchen
- Best Sport -Electric Jet =====Bob Violett Models==Bob Violett
- BestLightsTurbine========ElectroDynamics===Joe Lewis
- Farthest Distance Traveled======Jet Cat USA====Ken Chen
- Best Scale -Electric Jet ==USA RC Jets====Bob Pannell-DC-10
- Special Recognition=Gong Award=Jim McEwen=Martin Gurewitz
- Best Military Jet 4=====Best In The West===Best In The West
- Special Recognition=Achievement=Best In The West=Lukey Martinez
- Most Flights===========RC Jet Addictions==Jose Melendez
- Special Recognition========Elite Aerosports==Jay Plummer
- Special Recognition======Elite Aerosports==Marvin Alverez
- Best Lights Unlimited Turbine=Elite Aerosports=Lance Campbell-F-15
- Note: 2013 Sponsors have first choice to retain their sponsorships for 2014
Reserve your rooms now! Rooms are expected to go very quickly! The Hampton is only 4 miles south of the airport. There are plentyhotels available for the event...thelonger you wait...the longer the drive.
The Hill House B&B is approximately 13 miles from the airport. This is a gorgeous B&B with themed rooms.The Hill House is not listed on our Web site but you can get all the info at http://www.thehillhouseky.com/.
Myrtledene Bed & Breakfastis about 4.5 miles from the airport and Holly Hill Inn is about 5 miles from the airport.
520 Fairway Dr.
Directionsâ–ºFrom Centre Square, drive north on KY 55/Spalding Ave. 4.5 miles to Airport Lane.â–ºTurn right onto Airport Lane and the Lebanon-Springfield Airport is straight ahead.**Find directions to Lebanon from your town under the About Us tab!Centre Squareis the visitor center in downtown.Airport Location
650 Airport Lane
FAA INFORMATION EFFECTIVE 17 DECEMBER 2009
FAA Identifier: 6I2 Lat/Long: 37-38-00.5170N / 085-14-30.6170W
37-38.008617N / 085-14.510283W
37.6334769 / -85.2418381
Elevation: 866 ft. / 264.0 m (surveyed) Variation: 03W (1990) From city: 3 miles S of SPRINGFIELD, KY Time zone: UTC -5 (UTC -4 during Daylight Saving Time) Zip code: 40069