Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Where have they all gone

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Where have they all gone

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where have they all gone

I was wondering where people like Ali and some of the other leading people in this hobby have gone with regard to posing in this forum. Many of them seem to be conspicuous by their absence and seem to not post much if at all these days
Old 03-07-2014, 02:58 AM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Some have better things to do with their time and don't wish to be dragged into some of the stupid stuff that can and does happen here. I wish I had the will power to quit coming here myself.......but I'm an addict.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:19 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is the same at flying sites. Many faces no longer appear.
It may be that the economic situation gives them other things to concentrate on?
Old 03-07-2014, 03:24 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Probably the increase in keyboard warriors intent on inflaming everything, stirring every thread up, bashing to get reactions, rudeness, continued inflammatory posting under new logins etc. Turned the site into a daily "must visit" to a "can't really be bothered as it'll just be the same old crap going on" site....
Old 03-07-2014, 03:31 AM
Craig B.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by schroedm
Probably the increase in keyboard warriors intent on inflaming everything, stirring every thread up, bashing to get reactions, rudeness, continued inflammatory posting under new logins etc. Turned the site into a daily "must visit" to a "can't really be bothered as it'll just be the same old crap going on" site....
+1.....sad reflection on society these days. Whatever happened to manners, humility and courtesy?
Old 03-07-2014, 03:36 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most gone to facebook where they can filter out unwanted friends ;-)

Last edited by basimpsn; 03-07-2014 at 07:12 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:53 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Its a combo of everything, just like the down turn in the hobby, many things affect the end result and the "final" reason will be different for each.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:05 AM
Paul0088

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

maybe lurking flame thrower ready to pounce
Old 03-07-2014, 04:26 AM
smperry
My Feedback: (4)

Ali is flying at Florida Jets this week. The new runway and airspace is excellent!
Old 03-07-2014, 04:29 AM
Scott Douglas

Yeah since the upgrade there's been a huge increase in single or twin-digit posters.. almost every one with a moan or a complaint Sometimes its sooo obvious that banned people are back on.....
Old 03-07-2014, 04:57 AM
redtail
My Feedback: (15)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Basimpsn, sent you a PM. Chic
Old 03-07-2014, 05:11 AM
Bravo77

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right on Man you got it, non productive nonsense

Originally Posted by grbaker
Some have better things to do with their time and don't wish to be dragged into some of the stupid stuff that can and does happen here. I wish I had the will power to quit coming here myself.......but I'm an addict.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:42 AM
Euan

Have to agree plus bored with pages of how someone fitted a hinge or horn in an artf composite jet i miss the old days of scratch builds and early turbine models ,its also part of mainstream aeromodelling so the wow factor has gone
Cheers Euan?
H
Old 03-07-2014, 06:21 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Removed didn't realize I was one of the ones.

Last edited by mikes68charger; 03-07-2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:20 AM
willig10

Let me be frank. Typically a person will post a question, doesnt matter what the subject is. A responder with first hand knowledge or resident expert will respond to that question and more times than not is spot on with the answer. Then someone will come on here and because he or she did not like the answer or has a different opinion will start a beat down of the responder.

As such many have either left or lurk.

regards

glenn Williams
Old 03-07-2014, 08:58 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

+2 As someone mentioned, there are fewer folks at the flying field as well as the forums and I submit it's partially due to the above mentioned people showing up at the field too....
Old 03-07-2014, 09:29 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by willig10
Let me be frank. Typically a person will post a question, doesnt matter what the subject is. A responder with first hand knowledge or resident expert will respond to that question and more times than not is spot on with the answer. Then someone will come on here and because he or she did not like the answer or has a different opinion will start a beat down of the responder.

As such many have either left or lurk.

regards

glenn Williams
Your so close to the truth. The real issue IMO is how the original post gets side tracked or completely hijacked.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Tampaflyer
My Feedback: (42)

Yep, more of a lurker.. posting when the urge compels ... other wise , it's just entertainment to watch people argue of what each other thinks is the "truth"
Old 03-07-2014, 10:08 AM
rslstft
My Feedback: (10)

Sad, but true. I have learned many things here on RCU, especially with some help from fellow flyers building a similar plane. It's always good to see how someone accomplished something that has had me stumped. Or to share something that I did that helps another out. Many times I have had a basher respond with "Oh, that's not how it should be done - that will never work!" Hmmm, funny, I've got 100+ flights on it working that way!!!
Hopefully, those that help out stay on here and continue.

Last edited by rslstft; 03-07-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:10 AM
Pinnacle Aviation

Spot on mark, I got fed up and now post all my builds on Facebook, you get nice comments on there, no rudeness and yes you can remove any unwanted people and there comments. I used to come on here a post all my builds, not so anymore, sorry guys. If you want to see what's going on in my workshop then please look me up on Facebook.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:43 AM
Ozmodeller

I think it is a sad indictment on some in today's society that they feel that they must behave in a manner as above, the internet gives them that anonymity without fear of retribution, I am sure that if some of the comments that I see here were repeated to the recipient face to face the instigator may well find themselves laying on their back looking up at the sky, not that I am condoning violence of any type but I am sure that there are some of their targets that would have no hesitation in taking some sort physical retribution.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:08 AM
zacharyR
My Feedback: (5)

Ali is at florida jets atm , probably busy
Old 03-07-2014, 11:25 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetflyer3000
I was wondering where people like Ali and some of the other leading people in this hobby have gone with regard to posing in this forum. Many of them seem to be conspicuous by their absence and seem to not post much if at all these days
What are you talkin' about??!!!

I'm right here!!!
Old 03-07-2014, 01:44 PM
Couch Potato

Originally Posted by willig10
Let me be Frank
OK "Frank", as long as I can be "Betty".
Old 03-07-2014, 02:12 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott Douglas
Sometimes its sooo obvious that banned people are back on.....
Funny, especially in_this_thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.