Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

First In Flight Jet Rally May 21-25 2014

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

First In Flight Jet Rally May 21-25 2014

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 05:30 AM
RC Larry-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey,,, How about some good news that IS true! That would be a few of the sponsors we have supporting us in 2014. First in Flight Jets would like to thank, Vogelsang Aeroscale, Global Jet Club,BVM and Horizon Hobby for starters. Vogelsang Aeroscale has again offered to sponsor EVERY registered pilot with an event T-Shirt. Global Jet Club has a BIG SURPRIZE for you guys. More info on that later. We also want to welcome Horizon Hobby to the list of sponsors. They are adding something special to our event this year that will be kept under wraps until Saturday night.
Please take time out at our event to thank all of these great folks for their support to FIF and our hobby.

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 05-13-2014 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:47 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Would YOU like to be a part of sponsoring First In Flight Jet Rally? Well,,,, here's your chance. Among the several awards we'll be presenting at Saturday Night Banquet we have four of them we're offering up for sponsorship. These will be really nice trophies that anyone would be proud to sponsor and all sponsors names will be included on the trophy as well. If you would like to sponsor one of these trophies just contact me at [email protected] for details. Here's what we have available.

Best Military Presentation
The "Crowd Pleaser"
Technical Innovation
Scale Realism

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 04-18-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:04 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by f106jax
Hey Bob,

Larry's signature maneuver, the one point roll, has gone viral in Scandinavia, thereby making Larry globally famous. As for the cover of MA, the photo shoot was scheduled for Larry only, then those other two guys horned into the photo.

See you and Louie soon!

Mike
Ah yes, the one point roll! You have to admit, the way in which he got the bigger pieces to stop right at show center was BRILLIANT!

Poor Larry - he never catches a break! I hope he's working on some new maneuvers for his repertoire as the one point roll is kind of hard on airframes!

See you soon to Mike - can't wait!

Bob
Old 04-08-2014, 06:10 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Hey Bob,,,Say what you may. But that Wheels Down landing at the Liberty Bell Jet Rally was pretty damn awesome!!!!! The crowd DID go wild didnt they? lololol
You know what's bad though? To this day I cant convince my PA military buddy that Mike L. was full of it on the PA system! lolol
Old 04-08-2014, 07:31 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Thanks Guys!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GJC_Logo.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	384.6 KB
ID:	1985269   Click image for larger version

Name:	Horizon Logo.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	1985270   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aeroscale.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	1985590  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Vogelsang logo.bmp (89.7 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 04-14-2014 at 04:56 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:35 AM
f106jax
My Feedback: (16)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RC Larry-RCU
You know what's bad though? To this day I cant convince my PA military buddy that Mike L. was full of it on the PA system! lolol
Oh Larry, you've always been so bashful.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:37 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Bashful,,,????? But your'e always telling me I'm "fullofit" !!!! Ohh oh oh,,,, I see,,,, I full of Bashfulness! Yeah,,, That's it. I'm Bashful!

By the way. Did those wing bags arrive yet?
Old 04-09-2014, 04:32 AM
f106jax
My Feedback: (16)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

By the way. Did those wing bags arrive yet?
Not yet, they're to arrive today. Looking forward to another quality set of wing bags from Jackie Sacks!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:21 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Just got back from the last meeting with City of Wilson. Everything is on GO! Couple a great things to report. All registered pilots will be issued a Swipe Card for activating the auto gate. This adds security for all and helps keep any of the public from driving into the camping area or hanger area. Cards will be programmed to deactivate Monday morning.
Second bit of great news. Wilson will be on site Monday morning prior to the event to do a little filling in of low spot areas that could collect water! Yup,,,,,, Lake Wilson is scheduled to be filled in! lol Originally they were going to add walk paths in needed areas to create some high spots to walk across.( should we have standing water) That conversation quickly turned into "we'll fill the whole area down both sides"!!!!!! With that,,, I feel we'll have no rain at all. They'll be using a millings type material so no mud should it rain any.
I'm telling you,,, You couldnt ask for better people than the City of Wilson and WIAC.

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 04-11-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First Class People!
Old 04-11-2014, 03:18 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Just got back from the last meeting with City of Wilson. Everything is on GO! Couple a great things to report. All registered pilots will be issued a Swipe Card for activating the auto gate. This adds security for all and helps keep any of the public from driving into the camping area or hanger area. Cards will be programmed to deactivate Monday morning.
Second bit of great news. Wilson will be on site Monday morning prior to the event to do a little filling in of low spot areas that could collect water! Yup,,,,,, Lake Wilson is scheduled to be filled in! lol Originally they were going to add walk paths in needed areas to create some high spots to walk across.( should we have standing water) That conversation quickly turned into "we'll fill the whole area down both sides"!!!!!! With that,,, I fill we'll have no rain at all. They'll be using a millings type material so no mud should it rain any.
I'm telling you,,, You couldnt ask for better people than the City of Wilson and WIAC.
That all sounds great Larry but I'm still bringing my Wilson boots!
Old 04-14-2014, 05:02 AM
RC Larry-RCU

OK Gents.
Just a heads up that we'll need to have ALL TENT REQUEST IN NOT LATER THAN MAY 11th.
Memorial day weekend is a busy time for our tent guy and he needs at least a weeks notice. I'll be calling in the complete order that monday. Still some room for rental tents but dont wait too long!
Old 04-14-2014, 05:05 AM
RC Larry-RCU

For Hotel Information, just click on the NavAir link below. Scroll to the bottom of the page for a complete list along with web links to the hotel itself. There is also a second Hampton Inn located even closer to the airport that we'll get info posted on soon.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/W03
Old 04-15-2014, 08:42 AM
bstussie
My Feedback: (22)

Second bit of great news. Wilson will be on site Monday morning prior to the event to do a little filling in of low spot areas that could collect water! Yup,,,,,, Lake Wilson is scheduled to be filled in! lol Originally they were going to add walk paths in needed areas to create some high spots to walk across.( should we have standing water) That conversation quickly turned into "we'll fill the whole area down both sides"!!!!!! With that,,, I feel we'll have no rain at all. They'll be using a millings type material so no mud should it rain any.

The City of Wilson Steps up more and more each year!

Looking forward to the event
Old 04-17-2014, 02:12 AM
chuckels
My Feedback: (25)

oops wrong quote

Last edited by chuckels; 04-17-2014 at 02:15 AM. Reason: wrong reply
Old 04-17-2014, 02:17 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

This is going to be my first time attending this event. I have heard noting but great things, and am very much looking forward to coming to participate. If I can be of any help to anyone during the event, then please feel free to ask.
Regards Al
Old 04-17-2014, 02:20 AM
chuckels
My Feedback: (25)

just another reason we love coming down there to that beautiful site with great people that open their playpen for us to enjoy.
I'm still bringing a sump pump ... LOL
Chuck
Old 04-17-2014, 07:35 AM
scaleforlife

Originally Posted by Ali
This is going to be my first time attending this event. I have heard noting but great things, and am very much looking forward to coming to participate. If I can be of any help to anyone during the event, then please feel free to ask.
Regards Al
Yes, you can help by bringing your flying buddies. We don't want you enjoying all the fun by yourself. LOL
Old 04-17-2014, 09:03 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Ali,
Cant tell ya how happy we were to hear you were going to make the trip to NCs "First in Flight". You'll love the facility and I think it's safe to say you'll be treated with true southern hospilatity the whole time! See you guys soon.

Larry
Old 04-17-2014, 02:40 PM
afterburner

Ali,
You'll love the facility and I think it's safe to say you'll be treated with true southern hospilatity the whole time! See you guys soon.

Larry
Ali, I hope you've never seen Deliverance!
Old 04-18-2014, 12:54 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Would YOU like to be a part of sponsoring First In Flight Jet Rally? Well,,,, here's your chance. Among the several awards we'll be presenting at Saturday Night Banquet we have four of them we're offering up for sponsorship. These will be really nice trophies that anyone would be proud to sponsor and all sponsors names will be included on the trophy as well. If you would like to sponsor one of these trophies just contact me at [email protected] for details. Here's what we have available.

Best Military Presentation
The "Crowd Pleaser"
Technical Innovation
Scale Realism

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 04-18-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:15 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

"Hey Boy...you look like a..."

Have fun Ali!!!!! LOL

B

Originally Posted by afterburner
Ali, I hope you've never seen Deliverance!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:42 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Sorry boy's,,,,,,,,,, Ain't gonna be no Squeal'n at this here jet meet!!!!! lol
Old 04-19-2014, 01:02 PM
afterburner

Sorry boy's,,,,,,,,,, Ain't gonna be no Squeal'n at this here jet meet!!!!! lol
Oops my bad, I thought there was gonna be a pig roast this year? Might have to bring a bow just in case
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	imagesMCQEVOUD.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1988227  
Old 04-22-2014, 04:04 AM
RC Larry-RCU

4 Weeks and a Wake Up!!!!!
You guys get busy charging those batteries and prepare to burn holes in the clouds!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.