Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Ali Machinchy and Al's Hobbies ( Jet Centre ) Announcement

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Ali Machinchy and Al's Hobbies ( Jet Centre ) Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 04:19 AM
jcterrettaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Super new Ali , best success and come to visit Canada . See you soon,
Old 03-23-2014, 04:27 AM
DAVID WILDE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ali,
I totally understand your sentiments about the uk market at present and we have the enemy virtually on our doorstep. Away from the flight line we have been retail competitors but on the flight line we have shared the same passion for jet flying for years now and you would always talk to me and I to you. I remember the first time we flew together at I believe the first jet power in Germany some 10 years ago now. We were bundled together in the WREN slot, remember those days when we had two 15 minute slots a day. You were flying a skymaster hawk with a wren supersport and I was flying a little AMD hawk with a wren 44 earlier 7lb thrust hardly seemed compatible planes. I remember being a little nervous having to fly after your slot but I decided to take off during your slot and try and follow you. Up you went for a vertical climb and a reversal and I followed you in the vertical with the little amd hawk which was a virtual match for your bigger plane and I remember commenting to you .I then disappeared to one end of the airfield and you the other. We then got a fanstastic round of applause as we passed each other totally unplanned both in knife edge and I still can't recall how close we both were. That was my first experience of flying with you and I will always remember that and we have gone on to fly at many uk meetings such as classic jets and many JMA events plus some other European meetings.
I hope the new venture is a success for you and your family.
Dave Essex based model shop
Old 03-23-2014, 05:50 AM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

Ali, couldn't be any happier for you and your family! Your an incredible person and asset to the hobby. As a long time friend, I wish you all the best. You know this means you'll be closer to the beef jerky!
Old 03-23-2014, 10:32 AM
cmjets

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

Hi Ali, congrats for this new challenger, I know that you will get it, sure.
and...I hope you come to Europe with your fantastic models for enjoy with your flights.
Best Regards from Spain.
Carlos Marquez.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:13 AM
GrayUK

All the best my fiend, i hope you enjoy your new challenge in the good old U.S. of A.
Hope to see you from time to time on this side of the pond!
Paul G.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:54 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is just wonderful-- A real Twofer--We get Ali and we get to ship Piers Morgan back !!!! Scotty
Old 03-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Alex48

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Good luck mate, its always been great to work for you on projects, I wish you and your family the very best of luck.

Cheers, Alex

'The Little Jet Company'
Old 03-23-2014, 04:10 PM
Crumpet46

Not jealous at all

You'll be missed at the jet events!
Old 03-23-2014, 04:42 PM
retransit
My Feedback: (18)

I'm not a jet flier and have never met you, but I did see you fly at a couple of Florida Jets events. When I saw the title of this thread I said to myself "He's moving to the U.S.A." Great for the hobby here, but Great Britain is losing a fine individual. You have to do what you have to do, so good luck to you and your family with the move.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:16 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Oh SNAP!!

We gettin Da Ali G?

Welcome man.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:53 PM
Kilroy Richardson
My Feedback: (22)

I am glad to hear this great news.
Congratulations on your success, it is an achievement you have truly earned. I
wish you all the best for your future.

Kilroy
Old 03-23-2014, 11:09 PM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali
It was a dream job Tim when the sales represented the amount of effort that was put into helping people. More and more ( especially in the UK ) it became the case where I did the promo work, or helping establish a product. Only for the end customer to go direct to save ( or think they are saving ) a few £'s. This is always going to happen I know, but towards the end it was getting so common place that people were even looking to me to support such products! The Uk market seems to have gone its own direction, in that the end users only seemed concerned with where they can source the products for their hobby at the cheapest price. Forget service, forget quality, forget backup, forget if it is ethically provided. Not a good place to be in my dream job and spending on that type of clientele. I got very, very lucky in that Horizon value what I do. I have parents that support my decision and a family that is with me all the way. Henry RG sums it up.

Thankyou very much for the kinds words guys. I really appreciate your kind words and support.

Regards Al
It's the same in Sweden, and add name calling to that too.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:49 AM
lxfly

Originally Posted by Henke Torphammar
It's the same in Sweden, and add name calling to that too.
It's not a new behaviour for now, I just had this 20 years ago before closing our small shop in Luxembourg. Internet just amplifies it.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:42 AM
jwren00

Great news Ali. I'm not sure what's going on at Horizon, but I hope that they make a big push into performance composite airplanes of all types (scale sailplanes, jets, etc.). Hope to see you at an Aerotow someday.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:16 PM
alasdair

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi Ali,
All the best for you and your family. I hope I will see you fly again some time, maybe if I get back to FJ.
It is a great loss to the UK, especially the model jet scene, but great for you and the US.
I think I know who you mean, but I don't blame the individual modeller or coffee drinker, I blame the UK government for not supporting UK business better (e.g. the multinationals like Starbucks who pay NO tax in the UK). The UK government should ensure a level playing field but does not seem to care. A good time to exit the UK.
Best of luck,
Alasdair
Old 03-25-2014, 02:50 AM
jescardin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am afraid it is a good time to exit the UK,......Spain, Portugal, Greece, and even Sweden and Luxemburg!.

Although Spanish and EU Goverments says it is due we all citizens have lived over our own possibilities I more think it is due to the Globalization multinationals forced over the entire world some years ago.

As of the matter of this thread, my best wishes to Ali and his family on his new live venture.

Best Regards.

Jesus Cardin
Old 03-25-2014, 03:07 AM
Scott Douglas

Good luck Ali

Cant help but think you're leaving at the right time! Hopefully I wont be too far behind you.. if all goes well... En France!

All the very best to you and yours

Scott
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	13401889844_277c36fb31_z.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1981246  

Last edited by Scott Douglas; 03-25-2014 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-25-2014, 04:19 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks allot once again guys for the kind words. Also for the funny ones ( Even you Ravil.. just remember, if you are going to deal it out. Be prepared to take it back ) I am very much looking forward to making the move and starting my new career.
Regards Al
Old 03-25-2014, 05:02 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Al when you become a citizen part of that is not hating the F22 anymore it now protects you )))
Old 03-25-2014, 05:12 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi Chris
I have always had the upmost respect for the role that the plane fulfils. Only excelled by my upmost hatred of the way it looks and flies as a model
Old 03-25-2014, 06:53 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali
Hi Chris
I have always had the upmost respect for the role that the plane fulfils. Only excelled by my upmost hatred of the way it looks and flies as a model
At Topgun take mine up for a spin during practice and you will see one that is set up right is a joy to fly See ya soon!
Old 03-25-2014, 06:57 AM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Hi Ali:

Been a long time since we have chatted. Thanks for the help with the Jensen deal.

Dave Elsinger and I still remember your first flight here in the U.S. when you appeared with that bearded gentleman(Alan Cardash) at FJ way back in the Jurassic Era, on that wild, windy day at the old Bunnell, FL site. Out you guys came with that original all-balsa, fixed-gear Boomerang. While all the U.S. factory demo, hot thumbs were on the ground hoping for the wind to die, you took off and immediately went into a rolling circle around and about the same height as the windsock,followed by Blenders, 5 high ft.knife-edges, and finally an inverted downwind, base, and final, finally rolling upright at about 10 feet and stopping at your feet, all done deadstick after you killed the turbine. BV, FT, and David Gladwin were all impressed.

That was the beginning of the 2nd British invasion since 1964 Beatles. Jonathan and Jo, Nick Smith, Geoff White, Mark Woodland, Jason, Colin, David W and a few others I have missed. All excellent flyers and best mates.

So, happy for you and yours. Hopefully you might show up sometime at our Midwest Warbirds here in Fond du Lac in the future as Horizon has a presence as one of our sponsors. Not really a jet meet, but lots of jet flying. 160 pilots last year and about 20 of those flying jets at the Midwest's smoothest grass field. Peter Goldsmith did some flights and others from HH enjoyed their time here last year.

Once again, congrats.

Tom/Jane
Old 03-25-2014, 11:29 AM
tothemax

Outstanding Ali !!!. WE need good men like you over here !!
Old 03-25-2014, 04:03 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali
....( Even you Ravil.. just remember, if you are going to deal it out. Be prepared to take it back )....
We can have a "safe" word so no one gets hurt! LOL

Old 03-25-2014, 04:32 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Congrats Ali, happy for you buddy! But are you truly going to feel safe living in the same country as Dave Presta?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.