Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Is there hope for FEJ MAYBE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Is there hope for FEJ MAYBE

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 05:15 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by foster4u
I oreder mine with specific instructions as to the construction for the wings, tails, and fuselage.
Yea we have heard that before, then the owner cut open the parts only to find out they used honeycomb internals.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:35 PM
whaledriver
My Feedback: (154)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It goes on the same premise that my senator is honest, it the rest that are crooks.....my FEJ is fine, it's everyone else that will have issues. I bought one, an F-15, NEVER again!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:01 PM
Giant_Scale_Gasser
My Feedback: (84)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can some of you come by my hobby shop and drop $5000 or so and wait patiently for a year for me to actually produce an item for you?
I just need about 10 or 15 of you to do that... I expand my shop yet!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:18 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

And make promise that in a year you will send them a picture of the jet so the could choke the chi..en to.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:20 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

I don't feel sorry for these people who spend money on these airframes from this company any more. I have actually changed my way of thinking. I want those who refuse to believe the obvious and thoroughly evident to buy these airframes because eventually they will financially remove themselves from the hobby and will make the hobby safer. It's now at a point where I just smile and think, another one bites the dust.

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 03-25-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by paulrcpilot-RCU
Approx 1 year two months ago I ordered a Tornado from FEJ and after all this time I had given up on ever recieving anything from them. This week I recieved pictures of my FEJ Tornado done in the custom scheme I had asked for. I will keep everone informed as the transaction moves forward I an excited by the prospect of actually receiving an airframe to work with.
1.) They've been sending "this is your jet" pictures out for years now to several customers who ordered similar jets.
2.) Don't get too excited. They can still tell you. "Oh, Sorry. Landing gear not ready for another short time." (this means 5+ months)
3.) If you do get the jet, you will have a lot more work to do than you realize.
4.) Be mad ... they've been holding you money for 14 months without you getting anything but excuses ... Seems they almost charge extra for that service.

Best of luck.

Last edited by Airplanes400; 03-25-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Airplanes400

I oreder mine with specific instructions as to the construction for the wings, tails, and fuselage.
There are at least four instances that I know of where people gave FEJ specific instructions to avoid honeycomb spars & bulkheads. FEJ and James swore up & down (including statements in emails) that the construction was as the customer ordered ... plywood.

But you know what? ..................... Yeah, they got honeycomb cereal.

Then it was another ordeal that lasted several months and more before anything happened. Including FEJ telling the customer to pay for the return shipping!!

I also think two of those "customers" (AKA victims) just gave up waiting.

Last edited by Airplanes400; 03-25-2014 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:22 AM
foster4u
My Feedback: (112)

Fortunately, I am more than capable of inspecting the entire airframe for unauthorized use of honeycomb or defects that might be an issue. I am also intellegent enough to know what is not structurally sound and how to rectify the issue.
While the many (FEJ) aircraft lost due to manufacturing defects, which should not have existed,bother me, I do not intend to allow peer pressure or bulling stop me from perusing my hobby in the fashion that I choose. As it has been stated many times, “buyers beware and I am. I have no problem working with this manufacturer to correct what I find unacceptable, and as long as they continue to support my request as they have in the past, our relationship shall continue.
I believe that the negative attitudes displayed by some of you will do far more harm to this hobby than FEJ’s poor quality could ever do. It is a fact that over time the airframes that continue to fail will perish and those that hold up will thrive. It would be far more beneficial to the hobby if all of this negative energy were utilized to improve the quality. If you have given up on FEJ then give up B!TCH*IG about FEJ…and if you have no idea of what is structurally sound stick to the proven designs with step by step instructions, so that you don’t end up crying when your 10K smacks the ground. At some point, you must accept the fact that you as the builder and final QA, have an equal obligation to determine the airworthiness and limitations of the aircraft. Just because someone else said it is good to go does not mean you are no longer responsible.

Last edited by foster4u; 03-26-2014 at 04:24 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:45 AM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL, Fender!!!!

Me? This R&D department is now closed! I am keeping it simple...kits and airframes that require hands on/hands in! Finally back to enjoying the hobby again!

Hope it all works out for you!

Rex
Old 03-26-2014, 06:33 AM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think what most people are worried about is not when one of these $10,000 aircraft (with known defects) hits the ground, is when one goes in to do serious property damage or worse, say at a big Jet Meet, into the crowd.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:54 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Fortunately, I am more than capable of inspecting the entire airframe for unauthorized use of honeycomb or defects that might be an issue. I am also intellegent enough to know what is not structurally sound and how to rectify the issue.
While the many (FEJ) aircraft lost due to manufacturing defects, which should not have existed,bother me, I do not intend to allow peer pressure or bulling stop me from perusing my hobby in the fashion that I choose. As it has been stated many times, “buyers beware and I am. I have no problem working with this manufacturer to correct what I find unacceptable, and as long as they continue to support my request as they have in the past, our relationship shall continue.
I believe that the negative attitudes displayed by some of you will do far more harm to this hobby than FEJ’s poor quality could ever do. It is a fact that over time the airframes that continue to fail will perish and those that hold up will thrive. It would be far more beneficial to the hobby if all of this negative energy were utilized to improve the quality. If you have given up on FEJ then give up B!TCH*IG about FEJ…and if you have no idea of what is structurally sound stick to the proven designs with step by step instructions, so that you don’t end up crying when your 10K smacks the ground. At some point, you must accept the fact that you as the builder and final QA, have an equal obligation to determine the airworthiness and limitations of the aircraft. Just because someone else said it is good to go does not mean you are no longer responsible.
I wonder what the Chief Engineer at General Atomics would say about that. DCMA would have an ass chewing session at the very least.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:10 AM
foster4u

When flown properly, these aircraft are no more likely to end up in the crowd that any other manufacturers product. I have more concern over pilots with poor skills or little respect for the proper operation of these aircraft than the possibilityof structure failure ending up in the crowd. Take a moment to look at all of the stupid stunts that are performed and posted regularly on YouTube. And yet you don’t see the condemnation for this because “well, it’s funny”
I agree that we must continue to push for safer, properly built products but I do not agree with the band wagon approach I see here. In many of these incidents a guy lost a lot of money because of poor manufacturing processes, poor pre operation testing, and poor understanding of what is flightworthy and what is not based on his flying style… This is not a catch all just how I see it...

Last edited by foster4u; 03-26-2014 at 07:13 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:12 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

When flown properly, these aircraft are no more likely to end up in the crowd that any other manufacturers product. I have more concern over pilots with poor skills or little respect for the proper operation of these aircraft than the possibilityof structure failure ending up in the crowd. Take a moment to look at all of the stupid stunts that are performed and posted regularly on YouTube. And yet you don’t see the condemnation for this because “well, it’s funny”
I agree that we must continue to push for safer, properly built products but I do not agree with the band wagon approach I see here. In many of these incidents a guy lost a lot of money because of poor manufacturing processes, poor pre operation testing, and poor understanding of what is flightworthy and what is not based on his flying style… This is not a catch all just how I see it...

Dude, justify how you like. FEJ is crap and flying their stuff knowingly is endagering everyone.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:15 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

You know Rex I was trying to make people laugh before things blew up, Guess trying to make people laugh instead of send more hate about a "beat to death" subject is more important. Im sure the mods will remove this as well but someone posted a thread asking where all the old school people have gone, this is exactly why they have all left. Its a hobby and should be fun, if not then why even bother, have fun people!
Originally Posted by rbxbear44
LOL, Fender!!!!

Me? This R&D department is now closed! I am keeping it simple...kits and airframes that require hands on/hands in! Finally back to enjoying the hobby again!

Hope it all works out for you!

Rex
Old 03-26-2014, 08:44 AM
foster4u

The only aircraft that has ever come apart in flight on me is a Skymaster, so shouldn’t you add them to your list…
Old 03-26-2014, 08:57 AM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only aircraft that has ever come apart in flight on me is a Skymaster…
...so far........it's about to change.....
Old 03-26-2014, 09:34 AM
foster4u

This is an FEJ aircraft that was built by me, flown by the owner, damaged in a ground incident, and is in the process of being rebuilt by me. After going through the entire airframe, this aircraft is as well built as any out there and will fly again. Not all of FEJ's airframes are so well built, but not all of them deserve the hate that is displayed here. If you don't like it, don't buy it. But don't think you have the right to demand everyone agree with your opinion.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01420.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	549.5 KB
ID:	1981610   Click image for larger version

Name:	L1.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	351.4 KB
ID:	1981611   Click image for larger version

Name:	L2.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	355.0 KB
ID:	1981614  

Last edited by foster4u; 03-26-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:48 AM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

Any aircraft can blow apart!
Any aircraft can be made SAFE to fly!
All aircraft MUST have some work done or redone to it!
All pilots make mistakes, and NOT just once!!

ALL of you have said the same thing over and over, But some do NOT want to listen to you!
This is because they know what they are doing and know what it is going to take to change it!
Again, ALL of you are kicking the dead horse and Really..... NO one cares about your thoughts anymore!
To me, this just shows how little you all are to everyone else. Start your bla-bla-blah, but I too do not care.
I have went threw my FEJ and know for sure it will NOT come apart... Unless I try to fly it like a high performance jet, which its NOT!

I for one hope he gets it and flies it at ALL the jet meets where ALL you haters are at!
I know I will be flying mine this year at MANY jet meets!
CHEERS!
Old 03-26-2014, 09:54 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is how I feel about FEJ. Listen to the lyrics baby:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUyKrNzW3Pc FEJ baby
The thrill is gone

The thrill is gone away
The thrill is gone baby
The thrill is gone away
You know you done me wrong baby
And you'll be sorry someday

The thrill is gone
It's gone away from me
The thrill is gone baby
The thrill is gone away from me
Although I'll still live on
But so lonely I'll be

The thrill is gone
It's gone away for good
Oh, the thrill is gone baby
Baby its gone away for good
Someday I know I'll be over it all baby
Just like I know a man should

You know I'm free, free now baby
I'm free from your spell
I'm free, free now
I'm free from your spell
And now that it's over
All I can do is wish you well (not exactly on that one)

Last edited by AndyAndrews; 03-26-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:20 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Dang Andy, im sitting here listening in Afghanistan feeling blue listening to the blues, my wife is in Austin Texas visiting relatives sending me pictures of my favorite guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughans Statue and now this! I think its a sign, time to play some Robert Johnson!!!
Old 03-26-2014, 10:53 AM
Airplanes400

That's because you are a UAV builder, with advanced knowledge and a lot of time on your hands. Good for you!

While the many (FEJ) aircraft lost due to manufacturing defects, which should not have existed, bother me,
Good for you! It's good to know that things like this bother you.

I do not intend to allow peer pressure or bulling stop me from perusing my hobby in the fashion that I choose.
No one is pressuring you.

As it has been stated many times, “buyers beware and I am. I have no problem working with this manufacturer to correct what I find unacceptable, and as long as they continue to support my request as they have in the past, our relationship shall continue.
Then you are one of the very, very few whom FEJ supports. While they may send out small pieces of carbon fiber & plywood, they usually don't support anyone ... Especially when the cost is more than $100.00, then you are on your own.

I believe that the negative attitudes displayed by some of you will do far more harm to this hobby than FEJ’s poor quality could ever do.
Believe what you want, but negative attitudes towards FEJ are well justified. Banding together to rid the wolrd of FEJ only strenghtens the hobby and the membership. Talking negatively about FEJ is a way to enlighten others about faulty manufacturing and hazards. Would you also say that spaeking negatively about drugs, alcohol abuse or domestic violence harms society too? Based on your statement, we should not speak ill of our government or any of the other situations I mentioned because it will only do more harm to society. Continuing the trend of your sentiments, we should also forget about cancer research, and just let people die, least we look "negative" to others! We should not do anything about anything, huh? REALLY!!???

It is a fact that over time the airframes that continue to fail will perish and those that hold up will thrive.
Compared to any other brand, FEJ jets have the shortest life-span of all. This is why they should perish. Need I say more?

It would be far more beneficial to the hobby if all of this negative energy were utilized to improve the quality.
So, continue to buy defective product, and not compalin about it, huh? Can we apply that same logic to automakers, and put an end their silly recalls? Then everyone can get that nasty problem of the brakes failing fixed at their own cost! What a novel idea!

If you have given up on FEJ then give up B!TCH*IG about FEJ…
It's called "making others aware." Should we also stop talking about "all things negative" and live in a dream world where nothing improves?

and if you have no idea of what is structurally sound stick to the proven designs with step by step instructions, so that you don’t end up crying when your 10K smacks the ground.
But FEJ keeps claiming their jets & modifications are structurally sound. Don't tell me you actually believe that while we see stabs and wings come off during flight? I'm not going to feel the least bit of empathy or remorse for you when one of your FEJ investments turns into a fireball.

At some point, you must accept the fact that you as the builder and final QA, have an equal obligation to determine the airworthiness and limitations of the aircraft.
1.) See the statement above!
2.) So, rip the painted jet apart, inspect it, then rebuild it, huh? Then please explain the point of buying (and paying thousands of dollars) for an item that is basically flawed?

Just because someone else said it is good to go does not mean you are no longer responsible.
Good for you! I have a friend that is selling a poorly designed & constructed plane. Want to pay top dollar for it as if it were perfect?
See if someone wants to buy the jet you're working on (in its current condition) at a price that it would normally sell for if it were in perfect condition, beautifully painted, and never damaged.

Last edited by Airplanes400; 03-26-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:32 PM
paulrcpilot-RCU
My Feedback: (32)

As much as I appreciate everyone concern, my desire to build and purchase the Tornado is a dream for me. I have been building and flying rc for 30 year and have the ability to understand what needs to be done to ensure safe and lively performance. I have a local expert who builds and designes his own airframes to consult with if I hit any big obsticles. It would be nice if folks would show some support and encouragement instead of the unwanted negative input. Constructive comments are always welcome. Thanks Paul
Old 03-26-2014, 01:58 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

As much as I appreciate everyone concern, my desire to build and purchase the Tornado is a dream for me. I have been building and flying rc for 30 year and have the ability to understand what needs to be done to ensure safe and lively performance. I have a local expert who builds and designes his own airframes to consult with if I hit any big obsticles. It would be nice if folks would show some support and encouragement instead of the unwanted negative input. Constructive comments are always welcome. Thanks Paul
We are not being negative but rather realistic. Imagine this dream of yours folding the wings like Lewis Patton plane did and crashes and burns property or hurts someone. Even if you understand whats involved to ensure safety, I don't think you are going to remove the wing skins on a prepainted arf to inspect and rebuild. You mind as well scratch build your dream Tornado. Hate to see you wait a whole year and get a jet that will crash in a few flights. FEJ has no clue how to build a jet and that's been proven time and time again.
They have also proven they have no customer support, they don't respond to emails, they don't listen to their customers, they take payment and don't deliver, and basically fail in every aspect of standards a company should be held to. Is pointing out their issues being negative? Seriously man you been waiting a year for a jet and you seem very passive about it and still call this your dream. Seems more like a nightmare to me.
We would much rather support those who make good sound decisions and help those guys out there by telling them not to spend their hobby money with FEJ.
We support and encourage people not to make the same mistakes as yourself.
Stop looking for people to pat your back over a bad decision.
Guys keep trying to prove everyone wrong that their experience with FEJ is different and their jet will have a different outcome. a few will be lucky but the rest will end up in the dumpster.
Scott
Old 03-26-2014, 02:00 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

The support and encouragement went out about the time DubD's Tomcat went in due to obvious structural failure and the lack of support that FEJ showed. If they were truely receptive and the FEJ supporters not so blind, i bet you the entire community would be a bit more helpful towards them, but when the company doesnt care about its customers and the customers dont care hell that they have no recourse bc the airplane is "pretty" and "all models fail", then why should the community be helpful?
Old 03-26-2014, 02:10 PM
Damo260

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every manufacture has problems you's just focus on one company all the time.

Damo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.