Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Eurosport wing tip Pod repair

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Eurosport wing tip Pod repair

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 01:00 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eurosport wing tip Pod repair

Hi guys,
I banged up one of my Eurosport tip pods, has anyone cut off the pods and then make the whole unit detachable?
I'm thinking this would be the easiest way to repair the pod and then be able attach or remove if necessary.
thanks in advance,
Ron
Old 04-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch.

Sorry t hear about that. Was it a bad landing, or damaged in transport?
Old 04-06-2014, 06:20 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, the tip pod was originally damaged by an unknown third party while on static display last year. I repaired it quickly and all was good. Today at cedarcreek, the nose wheel seemed to be forced down in the softer part of the field, and when I aborted the take off, I hit a bump and the nose really dug down and it flipped over and on the wing tip. Slight crack on canopy top, easy fix, nose gear pin bent, already fixed. I have already started the pod repair, I should be good to go without removing the pod.. I will just have to repaint the pod.
Strange, I had three good flights on Monday, no problems on the grass at all. I must have just hit a soft area.
Ron

Last edited by G4guy; 04-06-2014 at 06:22 PM.