Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Boomerang Sprint

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Boomerang Sprint

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 08:51 AM
chopper52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boomerang Sprint

Need Help:Problem with the wing tube (New Build) Not tight through the fuse or the wings,You can move the wings up and down about 1/16 to1/8 Will never fly that way,,,,,Has anyone that owns a Sprint have that problem???????? Please let me know...
Thanks................
Old 04-08-2014, 11:08 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

My wings were too tight of a fit to get the tube in. I had to sand down the tube and the ribs inside the wings to get the wing tube to fit in. However, ... there should be some clear coating/tape in the bundle of extra coating. As I understand it, some folks end up wrapping the clear coating on the tube to take up the sloppy fit. Hopefully, you did not try to force the tube in. I had to round off the end of the wing tube to keep it from catching on the ribs. The sharp edge seemed to catch every rib it had to pass through. Forcing it would have busted the ribs. I had to do the same for the rods.

These planes could use more quality control during the build. They are definitely not an Aeroworks "quick build" or PA type quality assembly job! Did you give them a call to see what they suggested? Patricia Cardash. Phone (+1) 972 991 1499

When you get ready to fly it, come on up to Baldwin. We have a 3800' asphalt runway. West MI Jet Rally is June 13 - 15.