Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FEJ f-86 crash at florida jet 2014

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FEJ f-86 crash at florida jet 2014

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 05:43 PM
adocape1414

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FEJ f-86 crash at florida jet 2014

After my return from a month's vacation I was curious and eager to visit florida jet 2014 and I got it, tremendous demonstration of planes and pilots from all over the world, the truth that I felt very comfortable because it was my first visit , but I did not turn out very nice to see the fall and destruction of a beautiful plane F-86 from FEJ, just broke the plane in the air for no reason and only tumbling 200 feet to the right of the spectators, that was pretty ugly to see this beautiful aircraft destroyed, the truth that a lot felt by the pilot of that plane called mario tavarez, that despite his lost friendship and showed me enormous sympathy, later approached him to give me the sympathy, I asked what had happened and just told me it broke in the air, the pilot was upset with his loss, despite his loss continued enjoying the show

Undo edits
Old 04-08-2014, 06:28 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Oh boy, let me get my popcorn! The grammar police will be all over this one. Haha
Old 04-08-2014, 06:58 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of low price is forgotten.

This is my new signature line lol.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FEJ taste.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1985487  

Last edited by AndyAndrews; 04-09-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:10 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by invertmast
Oh boy, let me get my popcorn! The grammar police will be all over this one. Haha
Thomas, this one is way too far over the edge to try and fix!

Hum, Mario lost an FEJ F-86 at Florida Jets? I hate to see anyone loose a jet, but isn't Mario a big FEJ fan?

Bob
Old 04-08-2014, 08:09 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by rhklenke
Thomas, this one is way too far over the edge to try and fix!

Hum, Mario lost an FEJ F-86 at Florida Jets? I hate to see anyone loose a jet, but isn't Mario a big FEJ fan?

Bob
Someone has to be bored and ambitious enough!

haha
Old 04-08-2014, 09:49 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
the bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of low price is forgotten
Yes, it is never a good thing when a jet goes down and Mario has my sympathies.

The low prices don't seem so low when you take into account lost time and damaged/destroyed equipment.

Jim

Last edited by rcjets_63; 04-08-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:32 AM
Maestri-M
My Feedback: (43)

That F-86 came with problems from the very first day. It happens even in the most expensive stuff...at the end Fej or NOT. Still an expensive lost,especially knowing Mario, than he Always use the best products.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:35 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Someone posted a bunch of Florida Jets videos, I only saw 1 crash I heard there were far more mid-air.

Curious is the reason we haven't heard anything form Mario is because he is trying to work something out with FEJ, perhaps they will give him a replacement jet with the condition that he keep the details confidential?
Old 04-09-2014, 07:50 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maestri-M
That F-86 came with problems from the very first day. It happens even in the most expensive stuff...at the end Fej or NOT. Still an expensive lost,especially knowing Mario, than he Always use the best products.
Except FEJ isn't the best product.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:06 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

No sir, it doesn't. For example, there are no BVM products that come with problems as you describe comparing to FEJ crap the first day. Bob goes out of his way to elevate problems so his customers DON'T HAVE TO!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:11 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Obviously he does NOT.

FEJ is a far cry from "the best", in fact, quite the opposite.

To the OP, nice first post. Welcome to RCU.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:26 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I like your signature Andy!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:57 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I heard the wings folded on the F86
Im sure we wont hear on here like every other crash.
Scott
Old 04-09-2014, 09:39 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No sir, it doesn't. For example, there are no BVM products that come with problems as you describe comparing to FEJ crap the first day. Bob goes out of his way to elevate problems so his customers DON'T HAVE TO!
+1 I'm tired of people trying to compare the failures with FEJ products to minor issues that happen on rare occasions with more expensive models from rival manufacturers. No product is impervious from defect, but companies like BVM, Skymaster, CARF, Tomahawk, Elite Aerosports, Global Jet Club, etc do not sell fundamentally flawed products. When there is that rare issue, these companies stand by their product through great customer service.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:05 AM
SushiHunter

I'd say FEJ just takes better care of the top promoters/consumers of their products, as all companies do. However, when they have a failure rate as high as FEJ seems to have, they only take care of the very very top. If I purchased a jet, or two from them and had a failure, I doubt they'd even waste their time with me if I were to ask them for replacement. However, if I've bought 4, 5, 6, 10 jets from them and am well-known in the r/c jet community and always go to jet shows to fly, you can bet your bottom dollar that FEJ would take real good care of my arse if such a loss would occur with one of the FEJ I was flying which failed.

BTW - I just learned that FEJ means Fly Eagle Jets. Interesting, from China I would have thought it meant Far East Jets. or....Far East Junk.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:12 AM
toolmaker7341

Pictures videos anyone. I know someone has them.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:17 AM
RonTins

Originally Posted by toolmaker7341
Pictures videos anyone. I know someone has them.
A video of the disaster will be very useful to try to ascertain the cause...
Old 04-09-2014, 11:43 AM
jzuniga
My Feedback: (7)

The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of low price is forgotten.

This is my new signature line lol.
hilarious Andy!... Funny avatar btw.

z
Old 04-09-2014, 12:34 PM
adocape1414

i think somebody was recoring mario went he was flying , but not idea if they got the crash and this person post it , will be a very another interesed FEJ episode
Old 04-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Maestri-M
My Feedback: (43)

No, the Vertical stab came off then the plane nose down hard and then the right wing broke up. I saw the video But is private for now..
Old 04-09-2014, 01:01 PM
SushiHunter

No, the Vertical stab came off then the plane nose down hard and then the right wing broke up. I saw the video But is private for now..
Lucky no one got hurt.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:09 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If someone video tapes your crash, you don't own the video. Unless FEJ was filming it, why would the owner of the video care if it was shared?
Old 04-09-2014, 01:12 PM
RonTins

I am curious to know whether the vertical stabs broke off or whether they came loose because they were'nt secured properly. An honest account from the builder and owner will be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:20 PM
SushiHunter

Originally Posted by DrScoles
If someone video tapes your crash, you don't own the video. Unless FEJ was filming it, why would the owner of the video care if it was shared?
Maybe the owner of the video is friends with the guy who crashed, or, some way has a relationship with FEJ. Either way, they would keep it under wraps pending how FEJ handles it. Like mentioned in another thread similar to this, FEJ asks that stuff like that be taken down in exchange for replacement deals. Most likely that's why the video of this specific crash, if it exists, is still in a somewhat "private" domain, pending outcome from FEJ.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:10 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by RonTins
I am curious to know whether the vertical stabs broke off or whether they came loose because they were'nt secured properly. An honest account from the builder and owner will be greatly appreciated.
Hmm, provocative.

Apparently this Mario guy uses all the best stuff, implying he thinks about what he gets.

As his judgement is clearly suspect (he bought then flew an FEJ product, the latter being the largest lack luster judgement call) is it possible that he just forgot to tighten some screws on the stabs causing the wings to fly off with a high G deflection?

Very provocative indeed.

But I still think it is good ole FEJ engineering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.