Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fej sports jet

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fej sports jet

Old 04-11-2014, 08:51 AM
philjac94

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Justflying1
And for the ones that want to call me certain words for what I wrote you can grow some balls and say it to my face at the next meet.

Also just out of curiosity Phil when did you end up doing this conversion to Kero ?
Those particular photos are around 3 years old, I dragged them out of my phone. The last conversion I did was on one of my own engines, only a few months ago and to be honest, I wish I never did. Gas is so much better IMO.

Last edited by philjac94; 04-11-2014 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:12 PM
molo_30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres what happened to a FEJ F16 1/5.5. Elevator flutter due to poor elevator torque tube design. This bloke was offered a new jet on the proviso that he basically shut his mouth on it. I could post heaps of these as I used to sell this rubbish in the early days. I saw the light!

This is a pic of the pipe on the first test start of the same jet. Threw stainless shards clean out the back.

You be the judge.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jets 036+.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	1986211   Click image for larger version

Name:	jets 222.JPG
Views:	566
Size:	757.9 KB
ID:	1986212   Click image for larger version

Name:	Noname.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1986213   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040095.JPG
Views:	545
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	1986214  
Old 04-11-2014, 07:31 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Originally Posted by molo_30
Heres what happened to a FEJ F16 1/5.5. Elevator flutter due to poor elevator torque tube design. This bloke was offered a new jet on the proviso that he basically shut his mouth on it. I could post heaps of these as I used to sell this rubbish in the early days. I saw the light!

This is a pic of the pipe on the first test start of the same jet. Threw stainless shards clean out the back.

You be the judge.
I wish someone over here in the states had the ability to remove Dantley's photo from their website and replace it with these. Sorry for your loss molo. That looks like a typical ending to an FEJ flight….

S
Old 04-11-2014, 09:13 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smaze17
I wish someone over here in the states had the ability to remove Dantley's photo from their website and replace it with these. Sorry for your loss molo. That looks like a typical ending to an FEJ flight….

S
+1
Old 04-13-2014, 11:06 PM
KENTUCKY123

I have just read through this entire forum and it appears to me, a complete hate attack on FEJ, some of you guys say you have had experience with the product and all of it bad, some of you say you know someone who knew someone who heard FEJ sell a bad product. I have had several jets from several manufacturers over the past 10 years, i have had some of the first jets manufactured by Skymaster fall apart in the air for various reasons but they have improved over the years. I have had and seen other jets manufactured by Feibo also fall apart in the air for various reasons but i have never had an FEJ jet fall apart for any reason. I have seen lots of pilots crash and blame the plane, the manufacturer and the design but none of them blame themselves for bad construction or assembly or even bad piloting. Everybody and everything improves with experience or it does not survive in this industry or sport. I have improved my building skill and my flying skills over the years so maybe some of you guys should try to improve yours as well. I take a very close look at a new kit as soon as i receive it and i spend a lot of time going over it before i begin construction looking for and testing for weak spots, now i know you can all say, " there should not be any" but lets face it, anything that is mass produced or even manufactured as a one off may contain some weak spots and it is up to you as the person that is going to build and fly an expensive jet to make sure and prevent anything from failing and if you dont have the expertise to do that, then maybe, you should not be flying it. Lest face it, if you should crash into something or someone, no matter how much you rubbish the manufacturer, it is still your responsibility. I have seen this particular model jet and i have made a very critical inspection of it and i do not see any reason why anything will fail anymore than it would fail in a Skymaster kit or any other kit.
Now i know i will probably read a lot of comeback from all the so called experts out there but bring it on, the rest of the world knows why Yanks are referred to as septic tanks and its not just because it rhymes with Yank.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:21 AM
molo_30

You are obviously happy with your product mate so good luck to you. I'm not sure how in hell unless you have your very own xray machine that you can look for where they have not put glue into certain parts and how they have designed the inside of the elevators? Have you cut yours open to have a look as you obviously know what you are looking for?

Not sure how you qualify this as good engineering, torque tube into the elevator fixed into balsa wood on a 1/5 scale F16

Or how do you check for this? No glue on the former inside the fuselage. This was discovered after the plane was in a thousand pieces as you couldn't see it when it was whole.

This has nothing to do with flying capability as the plane was straight and level. Also the guy has years of turbine experience so he's not incapable of building. Obviously us Aussies are the same as the yanks as we have the same problems with the same manufacturer. But please, go ahead and enlighten us in the west to your wise ways so we can all cower in the shadows of your awesomeness.

Views:	365
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1986875   Click image for larger version

Views:	364
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1986876  
Old 04-14-2014, 03:18 AM
KENTUCKY123

First let me point out that i never said anything about qualifying engineering, i said that i have never had a problem with an FEJ now having said that, the models i have built and flown were a large L39 and an MB339, both of which does not have a full flying stab and neither does the sport jet.
Secondly, any good builder should know how to fully inspect a new kit before assembly starts and if that does require a surface to be carefully pealed back and re glued, at least you will know how its fixed and put your mind at ease, I have done what ever i considered necessary to feel confident in the entire construction and glueing before i commence assembly and i have built. flown and retired over 20 jets without one structural failure, i have crashed 1 or 2 over the years but i am the first to admit that they were all pilot related and not construction or assembly failure. now as far as cowering in the shadows of my awsomeness, you did say you are from the west so i suppose that explains it all.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:50 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by KENTUCKY123
Secondly, any good builder should know how to fully inspect a new kit before assembly starts and if that does require a surface to be carefully pealed back and re glued, at least you will know how its fixed and put your mind at ease, I have done what ever i considered necessary to feel confident in the entire construction and glueing before i commence assembly and i have built. flown and retired over 20 jets without one structural failure, i have crashed 1 or 2 over the years but i am the first to admit that they were all pilot related and not construction or assembly failure. now as far as cowering in the shadows of my awsomeness, you did say you are from the west so i suppose that explains it all.
As someone else said before, this type of statement is getting *really* tired!

BTW, your post above "Now i know i will probably read a lot of comeback from all the so called experts out there but bring it on, the rest of the world knows why Yanks are referred to as septic tanks and its not just because it rhymes with Yank." has been reported.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:50 AM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Guys,

Kentucky123 has 2 posts in three years. Consider the tenor of those, and make your own judgement as to whether he merit's a response.

David S
Old 04-14-2014, 05:58 AM
FenderBean

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

Kentucky, not bashing but are you saying that FEJ has never had a jet come apart or just your personal jets have not come apart?
Old 04-14-2014, 06:30 AM
KENTUCKY123

No, i am not saying FEJ have never had a jet come apart, because i have seen them come apart but i have seen jets from some of the other manufacturers come apart as well, i am saying I have never had one of their jets come apart. so what i am trying to say is " expect the worst and eliminate possible problems before they happen" I normally read all the forums on a regular basis and i have picked up a few tips from you guys over the years so when i read so much negative about the FEJ particularly the bias and unkind comments made to philjac94, i just thought i would put in my 10 cents worth about my experiences with, not only FEJ but also a few others.
This guy has just received his sport jet from FEJ and as he says, he has not seen a build thread on it so he thought he would do one for anybody else they may be considering the purchase of one.
I spent the last few years in China and i have built jets from the various manufactures and i know from the beginning, they have all had teething problems and its only when they receive constructive comments from us, the guys that buy their
products, that are they able to rectify them.
Now just a small note to David S i know i have only made a few comments here in the last 3 years because i have not bothered before and as i said above, i just wanted to put in my 10 cents worth on this particular subject mainly because of the comments levelled at philjac94. I retired from the RAAF a few years ago after flying F18's and the ill fated F111 ( which we bought from America because your USAF new what they were like) I have been flying rc jets back in the ducted fan days and converted to turbine when the first ones hit the market so i have had 25 years flying full size and almost as many years flying rc, maybe i dont know as much as some of the guys that write on this site but i am dam sure i know a lot more than some others.Anyway, we all have different opinions and that does not mean every one is right or wrong, you believe what ever you choose to believe.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:42 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

[snip]

they have all had teething problems and its only when they receive constructive comments from us, the guys that buy their
products, that are they able to rectify them.
[snip]
Clearly you have not been reading all of the posts about FEJ. The problem is THEY HAVE BEEN GETTING CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS SINCE THEY FIRST CAME OUT BACK IN 2008 - THEY IGNORE THEM! I know that first-hand because I gave them to James back then. The responce was "factory says no..."

...you believe what ever you choose to believe.
Clearly you do as well. My opinion about the above is based on first-hand experience... Yours?

Bob
Old 04-14-2014, 09:32 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

We don't want any opening the box day threads, build threads, etc. The only useful information regarding FEJ is cutting the skins back, xrays, stress tests, crash videos, etc.
We cant get an accurate amount of crash data because all the crashes are cover ups.
Just repeated threads of "look at my shiney plane"
That same shiney plane shows honey comb through the skin after being in the sun for one hour and then is in the garbage can after flight 10. We never here that story because its always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS covered up!

Johnny Wong laughing his ***** off at us. Why do you think the nicest thing in his warehouse is his paint booth? "I make it weelie weelie shiney they buy over and over and over not matter how many times it crash'

We Yanks have figured it out and trying to help you guys in Australia make better decisions.

Scott
Old 04-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Damo260

Originally Posted by molo_30

You be the judge.
Hi Mark
It's been while the first FEJ jet I got from you was the F-15c 1:9 1/2 Scale (Advanced) I had a few issues with it but fix them didn't cry about before I sold it. It had about 30 flights on it and it still going strong with about 200 flights on it. And the first thing that you told me to was look at the torque tube into the elevator so I did and fix it..

Like I've said before we are all test dummies for the manufactured

Damo
Old 04-14-2014, 01:25 PM
FenderBean

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

Molo I was looking at the pictures you posted, the one of the jet right before impact looks like the aileron servo is pulled out of the wing?
Old 04-14-2014, 01:43 PM
Damo260

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Molo I was looking at the pictures you posted, the one of the jet right before impact looks like the aileron servo is pulled out of the wing?
I've noticed a lot things over the years how people build there plane. They don't use the right glues and don't now how to set the servos up for mechanical advantage. You have probably noticed the same thing..

Damo
Old 04-14-2014, 02:07 PM
Damo260

This what did in a mate FEJ F-15E 1:7 Scale on the wing servos boxes and ailerons and flaps servos bays be strengthened should need to it but for piece mind I did..

Damo

Name:	DSC01169.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1987084   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01170.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	1987085   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01174.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	1987086  

Last edited by Damo260; 04-14-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:31 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Damo260
This what did in a mate FEJ F-15E 1:7 Scale on the wing servos boxes and ailerons and flaps servos bays be strengthened should need to it but for piece mind I did..

Damo
I wouldn't have used that sponge wood. That stuff is about as strong as peanut brittle.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Damo260

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
I wouldn't have used that sponge wood. That stuff is about as strong as peanut brittle.
Nothing wrong with there their ply once you put 1oz glass cloth on it or sandwiched it with fiberglass and pre drill all holes I did same in my mate F-18 and it still flying strong and I do it to all my planes....

Damo

Last edited by Damo260; 04-14-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:20 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 173 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Looks like the picture was snapped mid bounce.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:29 PM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

I personally think that if you have to totally unbuild and then rebuild any particular manufacturers airplane (doesn't matter who) it wouldn't be worth owning. I just don't have that much patience. I would rather just build a kit plane instead.

If it comes out the box built and all I am "supposed" to do is assemble the pre-built pieces, I expect it to have been built correctly to perform the intended job. I think that is a reasonable expectation.

Isn't that then entire reason for buying an ARF in the first place?

Oh, and I would certainly be mad at my buddy if he knew there were issues with a certain manufacturer and he didn't warm me (no matter what the product or who the manufacturer was).

Or am I just being naieve?
Old 04-14-2014, 10:01 PM
Shaun Evans

Hi,

PhilJac, it's a little more than just guys who've seen FEJ projects go badly. You have to understand that to some of us, FEJ is a crooked outfit through and through--who have taken peoples' money and failed to deliver product; who have told outright lies over and over; who have sold faulty designs that they knew were faulty without regard to safety or good business practices; who have tried to rig polls and all manner of other nefarious practices. When a guy comes on here with the "I gave em a try and wow, I'm impressed" combined with the "they've all had problems when they first started up" (which, btw, is a complete crock), it's just kind of a rub to the guys who've been burned. Also, we all know exactly what it is--which is an effort to help them rip off a few more people before they go away. I would never endorse a product that was sold by people who've behaved so badly and treated so many the way these guys have and expect people to act like it's OK.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:48 AM
philjac94

Originally Posted by Damo260

Damo
Nice Build thread input Damo.

Attached FEJ Sport Jet Elevator and Aileron Servo mount.

Name:	20140303_104812.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1987200   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140303_102540.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1987201  
Old 04-15-2014, 05:27 AM
Shaun Evans

Originally Posted by philjac94
Nice Build thread input Damo.

Attached FEJ Sport Jet Elevator and Aileron Servo mount.
Philjac,

Can I infer from your response that you don't have any problem with how FEJ has conducted themselves thus far..... so long as YOUR jet seems (and I use that word deliberately) to be good?
Old 04-15-2014, 05:41 AM
philjac94

Originally Posted by YellowAircraft
Philjac,

Can I infer from your response that you don't have any problem with how FEJ has conducted themselves thus far..... so long as YOUR jet seems (and I use that word deliberately) to be good?
Yellow
What would you like me to say that hasn't already been said?
You guys are pi55ed, I get it.
I want to build a jet, and other people want to see it. If you don't, or want to continue to harp on FEJ why cant you start your own thread?

My dealings thus far with FEJ has been professional, I am not joining the posse against them.
There is a saying; Do unto others............

Yellow can I ask, have you personally bought from FEJ and or had a problem of sorts?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.