Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fej sports jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fej sports jet

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 05:57 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowAircraft
Hi,

PhilJac, it's a little more than just guys who've seen FEJ projects go badly. You have to understand that to some of us, FEJ is a crooked outfit through and through--who have taken peoples' money and failed to deliver product; who have told outright lies over and over; who have sold faulty designs that they knew were faulty without regard to safety or good business practices; who have tried to rig polls and all manner of other nefarious practices. When a guy comes on here with the "I gave em a try and wow, I'm impressed" combined with the "they've all had problems when they first started up" (which, btw, is a complete crock), it's just kind of a rub to the guys who've been burned. Also, we all know exactly what it is--which is an effort to help them rip off a few more people before they go away. I would never endorse a product that was sold by people who've behaved so badly and treated so many the way these guys have and expect people to act like it's OK.
So true!

And anyone who can ignore the past and current reputation of FEJ may as well also say, "Well, while the local street gang is involved in drugs, shootings, robberies, break-ins, terrorizing the neighborhood and killing a few people, they have always been nice to me."

Last edited by Airplanes400; 04-15-2014 at 06:06 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:03 AM
Airplanes400

Originally Posted by philjac94
Yellow can I ask, have you personally bought from FEJ and or had a problem of sorts?
Geeze. Once again, here is someone who thinks you have to have owned an FEJ jet to be able to comment on it.

Like our 10~20 years of experiences and abilities to build a jet properly, and our ability to know junk, poor design, poor construction, or poor materials when we see it doesn't count????

Last edited by Airplanes400; 04-15-2014 at 06:09 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:04 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phil,

Thanks for the reply. I don't think anyone is expecting you to join the cabal necessarily, it's more like 'don't be surprised if people roll their eyes.' Every so often, there's another one of these threads that pops up and they all have the fishy smell of FEJ's hand-prints all over them. Smells like back-channel agreements to come on here and do the whole, "wow, these planes are really getting better" thing in effort to salvage their ability to shank people.

I have not personally bought an FEJ plane. Likewise, I've never bought the services of a geriatric prostitute or tried suicide-by-immolation. Some things are just the types of mistakes I don't need to make myself--I can observe and learn. Now, all kidding aside, I HAVE built several of them. I've also seen first-hand the way they treat their customers and their dealer network. I've also watched them try to rig RCU polls and shamelessly lie to customers in here and on their site. Between what I saw when I built their jets for other people and the way I've seen them treat people, I would never give a second thought to spending a penny with them. Now or ever. I just feel like if you're fool-hardy enough to buy the stuff after all the clear evidence that they're inherently flawed, that's one thing. To come in here and try to help them rip a few more people off (which may not be your intention but it's definitely the effect) means you condone their behavior and endorse their business practices. Why would you (or any dealer of anything) want to be associated with people like that?
Old 04-15-2014, 06:12 AM
philjac94

Originally Posted by Airplanes400
Anyone who can ignore the past and current reputation of FEJ may as well also say, "Well, while the local street gang is involved in drugs, shootings, robberies, break-ins, terrorizing the neighborhood and killing a few people, they have always been nice to me."
Airplanes400
Surely you can come up with more heinous crimes to compare what has been done by FEJ.

Please feel free to answer the same questions I asked yellow.
Actually please answer an extra question; Have you even got your own jet yet?
Old 04-15-2014, 06:29 AM
philjac94

Originally Posted by YellowAircraft
Phil,

Thanks for the reply. I don't think anyone is expecting you to join the cabal necessarily, it's more like 'don't be surprised if people roll their eyes.' Every so often, there's another one of these threads that pops up and they all have the fishy smell of FEJ's hand-prints all over them. Smells like back-channel agreements to come on here and do the whole, "wow, these planes are really getting better" thing in effort to salvage their ability to shank people.

I have not personally bought an FEJ plane. Likewise, I've never bought the services of a geriatric prostitute or tried suicide-by-immolation. Some things are just the types of mistakes I don't need to make myself--I can observe and learn. Now, all kidding aside, I HAVE built several of them. I've also seen first-hand the way they treat their customers and their dealer network. I've also watched them try to rig RCU polls and shamelessly lie to customers in here and on their site. Between what I saw when I built their jets for other people and the way I've seen them treat people, I would never give a second thought to spending a penny with them. Now or ever. I just feel like if you're fool-hardy enough to buy the stuff after all the clear evidence that they're inherently flawed, that's one thing. To come in here and try to help them rip a few more people off (which may not be your intention but it's definitely the effect) means you condone their behavior and endorse their business practices. Why would you (or any dealer of anything) want to be associated with people like that?
With all due respect Yellow, you have a vested interest in that side of the business, one less company and all that... I have owned a heap of Yellow Aircraft jets over the years and strangely as in the case of this Sports Jet I did not consult the masses before I bought your kits either.
Over here, and across the world for that matter, we have a heap of their jets flying reliably. There is not that much negative press on Youtube either. Ohh wait someone earlier suggested that all incidents are bought off or covered up.......scratch that
Old 04-15-2014, 07:00 AM
Airplanes400

Airplanes400
Surely you can come up with more heinous crimes to compare what has been done by FEJ.

Please feel free to answer the same questions I asked yellow.
Actually please answer an extra question; Have you even got your own jet yet?
1) Naah, I pretty much compared apples to apples.

2) I neither feel free, nor obligated to answer your questions before you can justify your statement that someone has to own an FEJ jet to be able to comment on it. What? 20+ years of building jets doesn't count?

3) if you are so loyal to FEJ, and believe in them, then simply put their jet together without making any modifications. Afterall, FEJ will then say that your modifications were the cause of the jet coming apart in flight.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:22 AM
philjac94

Originally Posted by Airplanes400
1) Naah, I pretty much compared apples to apples.

2) I neither feel free, nor obligated to answer your questions before you can justify your statement that someone has to own an FEJ jet to be able to comment on it. What? 20+ years of building jets doesn't count?

3) if you are so loyal to FEJ, and believe in them, then simply put their jet together without making any modifications. Afterall, FEJ will then say that your modifications were the cause of the jet coming apart in flight.
I beg you pardon Airplane400, but I did not make the statement you quoted "your statement that someone has to own an FEJ jet to be able to comment on it"
But don't let that get in the way of you trying to demean me.

Now from your own last paragraph I can surmise that you haven't built many if any at all, jets regardless of manufacture. There wouldn't be a builder on here that hasn't had to mod an airframe because they weren't happy with something. I could not tell you how many times I have gone to install control horns only to find no support blocks installed. And to spell it out for you, I am not referencing a FEJ kit here. But when you finally do buy your jet, whatever the brand, stick with your own suggestion as I feel a new hate campaign would follow shortly there after.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:13 AM
SushiHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big difference between modifying an airframe to correct something "they" weren't happy with and modifying an airframe to keep it from falling apart during flight.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:18 AM
philjac94

Originally Posted by SushiHunter
Big difference between modifying an airframe to correct something "they" weren't happy with and modifying an airframe to keep it from falling apart during flight.
Ahhh here we go again.........its too late here to listen to this record again. But have fun with it.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:54 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Philjac lives down under.

It seems like his assessment prowess may as well.

Its your money, your country's problem. We've tried warning you.

Best of luck to you "mate".
Old 04-15-2014, 08:55 AM
Shaun Evans

With all due respect Yellow, you have a vested interest in that side of the business, one less company and all that... I have owned a heap of Yellow Aircraft jets over the years and strangely as in the case of this Sports Jet I did not consult the masses before I bought your kits either.
Over here, and across the world for that matter, we have a heap of their jets flying reliably. There is not that much negative press on Youtube either. Ohh wait someone earlier suggested that all incidents are bought off or covered up.......scratch that
Hi,

I suppose, but that's pretty cynical. There are lots of other manufacturers out there whose planes I've built that I don't 'bash' like FEJ. I call it like I see it and my affiliation with Yellow won't make a bit of difference in that regard. At any rate, FEJ only 'manufactures' ARF's. Yellow isn't in that business anymore so we're not really competitors anyway.

You wouldn't have needed to 'consult the masses' on a Y/A product, however if there were scores of crash incidents that clearly indicated design flaws...then a consult might have been in order. If there were photos and X-rays showing grossly insufficient construction and stunning design flaws all over the net and Charles and I started coming in here with 80 fake emails to rig shill polls, then maybe the consult would have been 'due diligence.' More importantly, if Yellow treated people the way FEJ does and flagrantly took their money while failing to deliver product or delivering unusable products, I surely wouldn't do build threads for them that start out with "Wow, everything is so pretty!"
Old 04-15-2014, 10:51 AM
Damo260

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Build thread input Damo.

Attached FEJ Sport Jet Elevator and Aileron Servo mount.
I like what they are doing now with the servo box save me a bit of work. Strengthens up the servo box area considerably without any flex in the wing skin and that one of the biggest problems.

Its like my Skymaster F-16 my fin come a part in flight at 300km/h but BVM have come up mod kit for it.

So us models are fixing the manufactory stuff ups all the time from CARF,Skymaster,FEJ, and FB jets

Damo
Old 04-15-2014, 11:21 AM
Damo260

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1

Damo
Old 04-15-2014, 11:28 AM
SushiHunter

Here's a pretty cool video I think in regards to some really nice flying and landing of turbine ac. At around 14:15 of the video a FEJ comes apart at the tail which the slow motion is very clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWjckvlCy40
Old 04-15-2014, 12:15 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

SO........... What does this have to do with this build???? I say.... "NOTHING!"

Here's a pretty cool video I think in regards to some really nice flying and landing of turbine ac. At around 14:15 of the video a FEJ comes apart at the tail which the slow motion is very clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWjckvlCy40
Old 04-15-2014, 12:44 PM
SushiHunter

Doesn't that video feature the same brand of jet that this build is about?
Old 04-15-2014, 01:02 PM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

I'm interested in your thread. Keep posting your story either good or bad. Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-15-2014, 01:04 PM
Shaun Evans

Funny how all the "leave FEJ alone" chimes are from guys with 3 posts....
Old 04-15-2014, 01:11 PM
SushiHunter

Originally Posted by Wap4life
I'm interested in your thread. Keep posting your story either good or bad. Thanks for sharing!
Same here. But what I don't understand is why anyone would be pissed that others are discussing real issues with these type of jets. I would be very thankful to all who pointed stuff out like this on a plane I was working on or getting ready to purchase to fly. What's the worst thing that could happen? Save the guy $$$ in loss of turbine(s) and electronic equipment by educating "them" on what they are getting into with this brand/make/model and they invest those items in a jet that doesn't have these issues? Or if they do go with the FEJ, at least they will go into it with a better understanding of lessons learned on what needs to be modified/fixed/replaced/repaired/etc. on the plane. Unless there are those out there who just love spending time and money reinventing the wheel.

Last edited by SushiHunter; 04-15-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:24 PM
SushiHunter

Originally Posted by gjhinshaw
Commit has NOTHING to do with what you say! ALL the commits from you and friends have NOTHING to do with this build, You and your friends are here to beat everyone up that what to build a FEJ.... This thread is NOT here for you and your friends to do, is it???? The thread is for someone building a FEJ Sport Jet, correct???
Not sure, maybe I'm from the older generation but what do you mean by "commits"? Is this short for "comments" or does that mean something else? Seriously.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:40 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

Better?
Not sure, maybe I'm from the older generation but what do you mean by "commits"? Is this short for "comments" or does that mean something else? Seriously.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:23 PM
KENTUCKY123

WOW, what a hate campaign, this all started when philjac94 said that he would build the FEJ sports jet so that any body that may be interested could follow it and get an idea of what is involved, any modifications he may have had to make, any problems he may have found and rectified and how and what he may have done to rectify them. Now, is that not what these forums are all about. I appreciate some of you guys pointing out problems you have encountered with FEJ and i take all that on board, maybe philjac94 will also encounter problems and we will read about them here, i for one would be interested in reading them, He also says he has no affiliation with FEJ and i believe him so we can all wait to hear his flying report and his assessment of the finished and flying project.I am sure we will get a genuine and un biased report, is that not what we all want? It is easy to bash and demean somebody or some organisation but that is not being constructive. Some of you have said that you have had bad dealings with FEJ and i appreciate that as well but i, and i repeat, i have never had a problem with FEJ or their service, Maybe one explanation re the service may be explained by the fact that they dont speak English, maybe, i dont know for sure but i do know that when English is translated into Chinese, it does not always translate exactly the way it may be in English, Just a thought. Now i will say again, i have 2 FEJ jets that have been flying for quite some time, 1 has over 70 flights on it and there is no sign of fatigue, no sign of anything flexing and every thing is as solid as it was for the first flight, the second 1 has only 30 flights on it and the same applies. Neither of these have a full flying stab as this has been reported earlier on an F16 but i have also recently finished a FEJ F4 Phantom which does have a full flying stab, this plane has only had 7 flights so far but, again, shows no sign of stress or flexing. I will be quite happy to continue to report on this plane and if it ever does have a structural problem, IE stab flutter, i will be sure to post it here and i will apologise to the guys that will say " i told you so" but in the mean time, let philjac94 continue with his thread build so that those of us that are interested can follow it BTW has any body built the FEJ Phantom, maybe there is some feed back that i would be interested in, I dont read every forum or build thread posted here so if i have missed one, i apologise to the writer. Just one other thing i would like to mention, as far as i know BVM is the only American manufacture, ( pleased correct me if i am wrong) and as far as i know ( once again, please correct me if i am wrong) BVM have never had any problems with their kits, structural or otherwise, so why dont the Chinese and particularly the FEJ bashers support American and only buy BVM kits, just wondering, thats all.
last but not least, i just want to say, leave philjac94 alone and let him continue with the thread build because at least one of us is interested. To the others that do support him, i say, good onya.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:25 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Phil,
Why don't you fly the Futura on your website? It will fly circles around the FEJ Sport Jet and is built like a tank and still weighs much less than the FEJ Sport Jet.
It was actually designed by real engineers and built by experts in the field. I have never heard of a Tomahawk product ever being faulty.

There are so many better choices.

I just hate so see you get into this mess any further because I really think your FEJ Sport Jet will not last.

I think your build thread will entice people to buy their products and many guys will buy them not knowing all the facts. So in essence you are advertising for FEJ whether or not you are being compensated for it or not. And like so many other build threads we don't get to see the picture of it in the garbage can where many of them end up.
Their aircraft are no proven. They have made no changes in design or otherwise. If the wings fold, the tails fly off, fuse flex, surfaces flutter, on any of the the aircraft then why would you want one? OK so the 1/9th whatever made it 140 flights or 1/7th whatever is still flying. I think their failures are of larger aircraft and of later years. Lewis P. A7 is 6th scale and folded its wings. So I don't know what the cutoff is for safe size plane from them but for sure newer is worse I think. His was a honeycomb jobber I think. The Big F86 just crashed at FJ and I think it was an older kit no honeycomb so who knows. we cant accurately tell anyone how many have crashed because they mostly remain quiet. I hear bout them all the time but they don't make it to the internet because of the Hush Policy.

I just think that at this point a build thread on a FEJ is pointless because they have not changed anything.

I think we all fear that you go to all this trouble and expense and lets say it does crash on the first or tenth flight, we will likely not hear about it because FEJ will ask you not to publish that information, which is what they do, and you will quietly wait for a replacement, Like Erik R. did , and no one will know about the crash, like the countless others that remain silent for hopes of a replacement. (sorry for run-on)
So you will have advertised for the FEJ Sport Jet with your build thread and if it fails no one will know. The failure would be more useful information than your build thread but will be missing from it.

We are trying to save fellow modelers from the pain and suffering that others have already experienced. We provide information to modelers possibly in the market for a new jet. Modelers come on here to find information and if all the information is just "hey look at my shiney jet" "heres me installing a servo" and not the facts then what are we doing anyone any good.

Scott
Old 04-15-2014, 05:57 PM
philjac94

Jetpilot- The Futura on my site is not mine, its a club members jet he wants to sell.

I owned the same jet for a few years and aggree with what you say but this jet also required mods to remain serviceable. All retract mounts were modified even though it never had so much as a bounce on landing. Now how many people would get upset IF I called that jet a POS because of that.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:07 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Jetpilot- The Futura on my site is not mine, its a club members jet he wants to sell.

I owned the same jet for a few years and aggree with what you say but this jet also required mods to remain serviceable. All retract mounts were modified even though it never had so much as a bounce on landing. Now how many people would get upset IF I called that jet a POS because of that.
Atleast the wings/tail didnt fall off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.