Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

new feibao dolphin jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

new feibao dolphin jet

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 11:04 AM
imperio
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how is the quality of the jet? n did u buy it through global or through FB direct?
Old 05-16-2014, 11:17 AM
lightningmcnulty
My Feedback: (11)

Looks great, is there a price for this jet yet?
Old 05-16-2014, 11:21 AM
Kevin_W
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That's a good looking jet. It does have some similarities to the Avanti, but a lot of sport jets look like Bandits and Bobcats too.

The one thing that stands out to me from the pics is that the stance of the main landing gear looks rather narrow. If it is as narrow as it appears I can see a lot of scraped up wingtips happening on these models.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:45 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I'll try and answer all of the questions

1) This is the #1 prototype from FB direct, the quality is very good, the construction is very similar to COMPARF, I ran a bore camera down the wings, and tail surfaces to inspect. I was happy with what I saw.
2) No price set yet as far as I am aware, Cathrine to comment!
3) I think the photo may be an optical illusion on the gear stance, the fuselage is over a foot in diameter, and the retract units are inset into the wing, I can get a gear stance measurement tonight

I did not have any concerns that the stance was narrow at all.

Update:Main gear stance is 26" (66 cm)

Last edited by RCISFUN; 05-16-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:38 PM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Imperio

I had visited the factory and inspected the quality of this jet. It's built light and strong. Like Rich said, it's still a prototype so it must be fully tested.

You can order from Global Jet Club as we are their primary dealer. Contact Jose if you would like additional information.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 05-16-2014, 06:55 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Rich,
I must have missed this thread the last few weeks. I was shocked. I thought you only fly planes that come in little broken pieces! JK. It looks good. Looking forward to seeing it fly in KY.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:04 PM
RCISFUN

Originally Posted by afterburner
Rich,
I must have missed this thread the last few weeks. I was shocked. I thought you only fly planes that come in little broken pieces! JK. It looks good. Looking forward to seeing it fly in KY.
Hey Marty
It's great starting from scratch on a brand new air frame! Can't wait until KY Jets!
Old 05-16-2014, 09:22 PM
imperio
My Feedback: (5)

the carbon fiber laminate of most of the wood is a very encouraging sighn I just hope when the jet begins mass production the same skill n quality I see in the pictures continues, id bought a velox through global/jose n found the velox xl id ordered couldn't be bolted together because of the wing rentention bolt being missdrilled and actualy double drilled on the right wing and jose to his credit as a very good customer service rep had them send me another one only to find the same problem and so when they sent the 3rd one the problem was fixed, but all the wing/boom/elevator bolts were absolutely the wrong ones n not even close lol, there was some damage to the 3rd jet under the engine where the turbine mounts at the furthest rearward the fuselage had a crack along the half moon part that sits just under the rear of the turbine once its mounted, as a matter of fact the first one had the same crack n the second one looked as it had been cracked n repaired, other than that the wood work glue joints look perfect but sombodys dropping the hell out of the ball because I ordered that jet last yr n it took 3 attempts to get me one thats correct n would bolt together ive decided id just fix the goddamed crack but it kinda pisses me off they way they shipped that big fuselage with zero protection under the thing and the fact the nose of the jet and the tail both bounced back n forth during shipping enough that the nose nearly comes through the box n the rear of the fuselage gets damaged on all 3 of the velox xl models id ordered, it concerens me that they just don't use a Styrofoam cradle like anyone with a lick of sense would, seems they just feel once its all the way across the water into the hands of the customer n the usa its our problem n it sure as heck is a problem this kinda situation as expensive as these jets r a person isn't getting there money worth when things wont assemble and they constantly are broken n fedx was the shipper and fedx is really good I believe the damage happned before fedx took control of these packages when they were off loaded at the dock of the container ship, I want to go on record though that jose is a dam good customer service rep and if wasn't for him id been stuck with the situation more than likely, its hard for a dam good rep like jose to try to fix what should've never happened n the first place but he did so n I wanted to give him a thumbs up for that, I worry that FB will show us all a bunch of cool pictures of the dolphin n the prototype will be right n correct but once the jet goes into mass productions the skilled craftsman who built the prototype wont be the ones who builds the rest n they will appear to be built by someone with a grudge towards the west/usa or maybe small preschool children because I find the mistakes with the velox unbleveable but im hearing a lot of storys like mine and it concerns me that my fellow models/pilots might get the same as I did so someone should speak up and warn them n maybe FB will step up to the plate n built things correctly assemble there models at the factory test fitting all the parts including the bolts that holds them together and Fb should also get off there butt n start packaging things better than they did the veloxs I got because they were damaged because of poor packaging nothing else unless the fusalages where dropped on there butts at the factory on the hard hard concrete floor by accident, also for my trouble I was given a $200 credit at global which doesn't seem much when the damage was that extensive n cockpit frame was also broken on the last one and the scale cockpit kit that gives a scale aperance was also dmaged so bad it couldn't be used at all n if anyone would like some pics ive got pics of all 3 models n the damage and the wings that couldn't be bolted on to the fuselage because of the miss drilled bolt holes through wing tangs that were not mounted horrizonal with the wing n when they tried to drill the retention bolt hole the drill bit would walk down the slope instead of drilling straight through the aluminum retention plate mounted n the wings n it was the right wing everytime the left one the retention plate was level/horrizonal with the wing so the bolt hole was drilled correctly, but the right wing lol wow , ive been doing this for a awhile n seems theres a rash of problems out of the Chinese for some reason so I guess someone pissed them off at the west/usa because nothing else explains this situation but id be glad to hear someone else idea why so many problems from a model manufacture that used to be so good, ive got a older FB Rafale n I love it its perfect but the velox situation has certainly put a bad tast n my mouth n honestly id love to have one of those dolphins but im afraid the same thing will happen to me again if id order one, I hope what happened to me does not happen to someone else and that's the reason for this story n nothing more,
Old 05-16-2014, 09:38 PM
jetster81

Imperio, your post is way too long mate, I fell asleep twice trying to read it.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:11 AM
fbjets

The price is set, please contact me at [email protected] if need, or contact Global Jet Club.

Catherine
FeiBao Jet Models

Last edited by fbjets; 05-20-2014 at 03:20 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:21 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Originally Posted by jetster81
Imperio, your post is way too long mate, I fell asleep twice trying to read it.
Yeah, and I think your "period" key on your keyboard is broken
Old 05-20-2014, 10:24 AM
PREACHHAMES
My Feedback: (58)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Just ordered my Thunderbird scheme F-100 directly from Catherine at Feibao & received 15% discount. Delivery of jet will be in Kentucky at Lewis' "Grandest" Jet Event!

Love the size & attention to detail; especially the Airex material & carbon fiber.

Greg
AMA #8130
Old 05-20-2014, 11:26 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The longest sentence in RCU history.. I gave up.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:57 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by bcovish
The longest sentence in RCU history.. I gave up.
That wasn't a sentence. Judging by the beginning and end it was only the middle of a sentence.

Rich, will you have it ready for Titusville?
Old 05-20-2014, 03:04 PM
RCISFUN

Hey Mark, you never know
Old 05-23-2014, 06:52 AM
smiller

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Rich, that looks nice!! Look forward to seeing you guys at Titusville. That will be done by then . Right!!

Scott
Old 05-23-2014, 12:31 PM
RCISFUN

Hey Scott
I hope so, the install is complete sans a couple of minor items, now I need to move onto the radio set-up, control throws etc.
As soon as this is documented I will start a build thread and the writing of the manual.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:39 PM
kyates

Hi Rich have you got to fly it jet looking forward to see the video. Keith
Old 06-03-2014, 05:08 AM
RCISFUN

Hello Keith,
I'm trying to get the test flight scheduled, been busy with work!
Old 06-22-2014, 06:45 AM
BILLYDSRC

Hi All, Here is a video I took of this SWEEEET new sport jet by FB jets.
Thanks Billy D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv86SqxGTB8
Old 06-22-2014, 07:46 AM
RCISFUN

Billy
Thanks for the great video, I guess now I need to get busy and start the build thread and get the manual written!
Old 06-22-2014, 08:51 AM
Jetmodeler

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get it done, next project is coming quick. Thanks for the flights on the Dolphin, makes a wonderful turnaround pattern type jet, with good inside and outside looping characteristics, blast to fly. That fuselage works well in knife edge, holds knife edge like a Hawk, but without fear of rudder snatch. Really enjoyed that 3rd flight with us handing the transmitter off to Lewis Patton and Joe Stek, all old time turnaround pattern flyers having some fun with your new bird. Love the conversation afterward, plane flies great but lets see, Lewis says the setup was too smooth, he wants more control travel for aggressive flying, and Joe says the transmitter springs are too soft, guess that means the plane past the test when the conversation turned so quickly to setup preferences.
Jim
Old 06-22-2014, 09:58 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Give us some data...ready to fly weight, radios used, motor used, fuel tank size, gear and door hardware quality, grass field capable? I have had previous FB jets and was very pleased with the quality.....oh yeah, how much?
Old 06-22-2014, 02:16 PM
RCISFUN

Originally Posted by tp777fo
Give us some data...ready to fly weight, radios used, motor used, fuel tank size, gear and door hardware quality, grass field capable? I have had previous FB jets and was very pleased with the quality.....oh yeah, how much?
Hello Tom,
I will try to answer your questions:

RTF Weight: 35 LBs dry with a Jet Central Rhino
Radio: Futaba 12FG w/14Ch receiver
(2) Jet Central Dual Action Valves for Gear and doors
(1) Jet Central Single Action valves for brakes (Kit comes with servo actuated valves if you want to go that route)
Jet Central Door Sequencer

Fuel Tanks supplied with prototype amounted to 3.5L I added an extra 1 L tank, I believe that FB has changed the tanks that will be supplied in the production kits to increase the volume.

Gear doors came installed, main doors were not closing in flight, I think bigger cylinders are needed, or just remove them....its a sport jet!

The LG is up to the task, very beefy.

Large wheels and brakes, a good grass field should not be a problem.

Price... very, very competitive for a jet this size!
Old 06-22-2014, 04:18 PM
rc4flying
My Feedback: (21)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, the maiden is done and some trimming flights completed by Jim Hiller and a nice job of getting the proto-type plane ready for this days was done by Rich Miller.
The plane is big. I fly a Tuono and the Dolphin next to my Tuono is overall bigger. I was very impressed by the overall paint finish and fit of components, and the quality of the construction is top notch in my opinion. This jet will impress many when they see it and if you get a chance to fly one, don't pass it up. It is fun to fly. During the maiden and followup flight, Jim Hiller looked like he was having fun. So when before the third flight was started, Lewis patton and myself were offered a chance for some stick time. My time was limited, but right away I could sense how smooth the plane felt on the controls, and responsive was a pure joy. Point rolls and slow rolls took very little effort. I was smiling the whole time, and Lewis Patton before me basicly had the same type of comments.
I think many will be surprised by this Fei Bao offering.

Thank You for allowing me the chance at the sticks. I enjoyed it very much.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	124_2445.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	595.8 KB
ID:	2007800   Click image for larger version

Name:	124_2447.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	794.9 KB
ID:	2007801   Click image for larger version

Name:	124_2449.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	498.3 KB
ID:	2007802  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.