Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Speed jets under 3k

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Speed jets under 3k

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 09:39 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am going to do something which might get me into trouble but I am NOT going to remove a post which clearly contravenes our rules

HARASSMENT & FLAMING:
RCU members are not permitted to harass or "flame" other members. Please do not post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. Please note that this also includes the posting of taunts on a forum solely for the purpose of demeaning that forum's topic and/or members.
The post in question has been seen by many people AND as it clearly does not represent the majority view I am hoping the poster might come back with an apology.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:52 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a guy selling a green/blue flash without turbine for 3200 on the classifieds, you could probably get him to 3k, there you have your 3k speed jet.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:33 PM
asimatt
My Feedback: (26)

I have a flash with a P120 and it is a 200 MPH jet but if you want to go crazy fast I have an ultra lightning with a P 200 and that is scary fasttttttttttt. Get the flash you will love it
Old 04-22-2014, 07:32 PM
spike5150

Deleted

Last edited by spike5150; 04-22-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:52 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes68charger
Thanks guys for all the good info. I only started turbines at the end of last year. So far I got a falcon 120, and Byron F16 with AMT 180s my Carf Eurosport with KT 140, and got a nice p80 a nd p120 sitting on the shelf. So while getting 3k at one time is a little harder I am able to save to get what I want

But I run into this mentality a lot as I got the my waver with a Delt Dart 106 with AMT 180 and there were guys given me grief as I had to bring my air compressor, propane and start box. But when I got 2 AMT180 for $450 each I was spending less than edf setups

I like the Flash. I really like the Swiss skeem.

I had a buddy who was going to give me his Rookie 2 all but the fuse for $300 but it looks like Carf is getting rid of the Rookie as there all out of stock

So I read the hotspot is fast and the rookie 2 is a modern hotspot are just as fast?
You're not really saving money if you keep buying more stuff, even at low prices. My advice is to fly what you have for another year and then decide what you want next.

Last edited by dubd; 04-22-2014 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:38 PM
roger.alli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikes68charger
Thanks guys for all the good info. I only started turbines at the end of last year. So far I got a falcon 120, and Byron F16 with AMT 180s my Carf Eurosport with KT 140, and got a nice p80 a nd p120 sitting on the shelf. So while getting 3k at one time is a little harder I am able to save to get what I want

But I run into this mentality a lot as I got the my waver with a Delt Dart 106 with AMT 180 and there were guys given me grief as I had to bring my air compressor, propane and start box. But when I got 2 AMT180 for $450 each I was spending less than edf setups

I like the Flash. I really like the Swiss skeem.

I had a buddy who was going to give me his Rookie 2 all but the fuse for $300 but it looks like Carf is getting rid of the Rookie as there all out of stock

So I read the hotspot is fast and the rookie 2 is a modern hotspot are just as fast?
Yes, you can do this branch of our hobby on pretty much any budget, especially if you are prepared to work with older engines, and do a little bit of tinkering and building/repairing. You can have just as much fun with A falcon 120/AMT 180, as a Turn Key Ultra Bandit..
You clearly have that part worked out.. Good luck to you.

Rog
Old 04-22-2014, 08:43 PM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dubd
You're not really saving money if you keep buying stupid, even at low prices. My advice is to fly what you have for another year and then decide what you want next.
Ya I agree. Its one thing to get excited and cough up with 200 foamy its another to scrap up all you can to get jets that aren't exactly what you want

Its really starting to sink in

I had the same issue with drag racing my daily driver 2007 Sublime Charger. I had over 14k just in the motor and supercharger kept chang directions for a end goal of a car that was to fast for the street and the track because I didn't want a roll cage. Ended just getting burned out and sold/gave away the hole car for 10k to adopt my little girl, the only money well spent

Now that I have flown my carf eurosport I now relize the difference vs converting a 14year old byron f16 into so thing it was never meant to be

So im going to save my little 200 ever 2 week rc budget and sell some planes and try to get a nice flash before the end of the flying season

Thanks for all the good information it has really helped
Old 04-22-2014, 11:16 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike, sorry for the typo in my post. It was suppose to say, STUFF, not stupid. Damn iPhone autocorrect!!! Glad to you hear you have your sights set on a Flash. You won't regret it.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:05 AM
mikes68charger

Its all good you guys have helped a lot. Before asking about a speed plane I really wanted a f15

I was very close to making a offer on a fej one on this site. And now my boy is selling his byron f15 already converted.

But I got a clear path now
Old 04-23-2014, 06:08 AM
JackD
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dubd
Mike, sorry for the typo in my post. It was suppose to say, STUFF, not stupid. Damn iPhone autocorrect!!! Glad to you hear you have your sights set on a Flash. You won't regret it.
Funny!!!! it did not sound like you haha, and it was so out of place after the initial unfortunately post by Disco... Well, it could have been worse

BTW, it is good advice. I see a lot of people hoarding cheap outdated stuff, just to end up spending more and being frustrated with the experience. One day they get their hands on "modern" stuff and realize all the time and money they have wasted.

Not saying go buy and Ultra Bandit. There are very less expensive ways to start. BUT, like it or not, even the "affordable" stuff is expensive.

OK to buy an used turbine if you trust it, but God... buy something modern with autostart (ok with Gas start). Also, Ok with an used airframe, Hot spots are a riot to fly (we have all sweated the famous chicken flop haha), but enough with the byron conversion, they are 30 years old, and were not that great even back then!!! (We have selective memory haha, remember how big your school yard was )

A hot Spot on a used P80: Lots of fun, plenty fast, and Im sure you can set one up for 2k.

Last edited by JackD; 04-23-2014 at 06:14 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:18 AM
mikes68charger

Thanks. I just got off the cell with a really nice guy who wanted around 2500 for a CAI Razor. While I loved mine he was missing rear struts tires fuel cell made just for it, buypass and turbine tube made just for the razor. While I have all these missing parts in great shape from my crash. All I kept thinking about was what you guys said

Vs buy a nice but older jet that has no support and missing parts I could get a Flash of great quality