Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

DV8R questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

DV8R questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 05:07 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

A real airplane ( big ones ) trims itself when flaps are selected down, if that's part of what you are pointing out then I think one should be able to configure and fly it with flaps down around the pattern all you want, not tricky, you just have to do a little bit of work to get it to fly straight and level like that.

In my opinion.

Last edited by CARS II; 06-18-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:19 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gjhinshaw
I NEVER put flaps down until I am on final. You don’t need them on the down wind. All you are doing is adding speed to counter react the drag. Just try it, you will see what I mean. Also it’s like a real plane...... going to fast when you down the flaps WILL always cause it to ballon, exspeceally this jet. Done to many of them. 28lbs is what I always came out with on mine. No worries there. You can get the Serria gear for it, yes some modifications needed, but not dramatically.
i choose to get the airplane configured to land at a safe altitude on my final pass. i don't like to fumble for a switch while i'm on approach and if there's a problem i'm high enough to give myself time to figure it out. we all fly differently . i think if i was to replace the gear i'd sell these and buy the robarts like they had in the beginning. i'm not a fan of trailing link gear anyways . though the concept is good i found them to be problematic . a hard landing with pro-links and similar you stretch springs and with my type you end up with either weak springs or you collapse them from over compression . did you say you might have a set of springs? i'd buy them if they work. i did get the trim issue fixed after calling jeti. it took seconds to fix. and now it fly's all day long if i want with full flaps. i made some graphics for it or at least i got started . the plane didn't come with any so i will make mine up as a futuristic Advanced fighter . WB_1

Last edited by warbird_1; 06-27-2018 at 03:24 AM.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:48 AM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by warbird_1

i choose to get the airplane configured to land at a safe altitude on my final pass. i don't like to fumble for a switch while i'm on approach and if there's a problem i'm high enough to give myself time to figure it out. we all fly differently . i think if i was to replace the gear i'd sell these and buy the robarts like they had in the beginning. i'm not a fan of trailing link gear anyways . though the concept is good i found them to be problematic . a hard landing with pro-links and similar you stretch springs and with my type you end up with either weak springs or you collapse them from over compression . did you say you might have a set of springs? i'd buy them if they work. i did get the trim issue fixed after calling jeti. it took seconds to fix. and now it fly's all day long if i want with full flaps. i made some graphics for it or at least i got started . the plane didn't come with any so i will make mine up as a futuristic Advanced fighter . WB_1
Very Cool!!
I have a set of graphics if you want them... Its the Tiger decal....
I was digging around all my old stuff that I had with doing the R&D for TBM... Found lots of stuff..
I even still have the prototype tail and fuel cell...
Good stuff!!
Old 06-27-2018, 10:24 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gjhinshaw
Very Cool!!
I have a set of graphics if you want them... Its the Tiger decal....
I was digging around all my old stuff that I had with doing the R&D for TBM... Found lots of stuff..
I even still have the prototype tail and fuel cell...
Good stuff!!
i'll send you a PM with my phone number. i'd like to talk to you if you want. ron