Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

You may want to watch this before you buy a Boomerang Torus

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

You may want to watch this before you buy a Boomerang Torus

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 06:35 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wildnloose
Now THIS is what I expect from Boomerang Jets.

A good company is not without problems. But a good company will take care of the problems.
Absolutely spot-on!

Let Alan and Trish make it right, because they will.

Sluggo
Old 05-07-2014, 06:46 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All true, but in the meantime the buyer should be beware shouldn't they? That way until resolved nobody will buy the same product.

Tough call on these public forums. Easy to make someone look bad without a good reason to, but if there is a reason, well then.

Informative is good, and so is immediately advising the forum if/when the manufacturer makes good - only fair.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:58 AM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MJD
All true, but in the meantime the buyer should be beware shouldn't they? That way until resolved nobody will buy the same product.

Tough call on these public forums. Easy to make someone look bad without a good reason to, but if there is a reason, well then.

Informative is good, and so is immediately advising the forum if/when the manufacturer makes good - only fair.
I partially agree. I feel the company should have been notified immediately. If I were to spend $1000 on a defective product, my first response will not be to pick up a camera and post on youtube...
Old 05-07-2014, 07:07 AM
MJD

I'm with you there - as a small time manufacturer, it would be pretty annoying to see something posted on YT before the customer at least contacted me to talk first.

Again tough call - but the product is made the way it is, and the OP also has every right to say what he thinks. It's a free world and the era of the internet - whatcha gonna do?

But starting the process with direct contact to the manufacturer is the "right" thing to do, give them a chance before throwing them to the wolves.

I'm not sitting on the fence, just identifying with both sides of the situation. OP spent a grand and got a piece of junk - that would piss me off! But since these probably don't sell every three days, the chances of another one shipping in the same condition to someone else before resolution is probably small enough.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:17 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good points on both sides. I would have contacted the seller first and see what their resolution would be. Even if they sent me a new kit that was perfect, I would still probably post that I received a sub par kit and the seller agreed completely that it was unacceptable and made it all good. I feel most people can accept that things happen like this but it's the after sale support that is important. Now with that being said, no matter how much after sale support is given to a product or products that continue to be sub par, then the company needs to be called out at every opportunity IMO. As for the video, It looks like the only QC involved was that the jet fit in the shipping box.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:46 AM
SushiHunter

I partially agree. I feel the company should have been notified immediately. If I were to spend $1000 on a defective product, my first response will not be to pick up a camera and post on youtube...
Same here. I'd also like to add that the customer can/should video record the replacement jet he receives showing the proper construction along with advising of the great customer service the vendor/supplier provided. That video would be a win-win situation for both the consumer and vendor/supplier. IMO.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:07 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now THIS is what I expect from Boomerang Jets.

IMO, you went about this the wrong way. You placed the cart before the horse. You say you are not trying to start trouble but to inform. Your video does both. A better solution would be to post the video after you talk to Alan or Patricia and say something like "Hey, look at at crap jet I got. I contacted Boomerang Jets and they made it right."

A good company is not without problems. But a good company will take care of the problems.
that's your opinion
Old 05-07-2014, 08:09 AM
warbird_1

seems like your the only one starting problems . i have another reason why i opted not to notify them first but then i guess that wouldn't matter to you anyways . i'm not the bad guy here.And besides the fact that no one was bashed, i simply presented the facts. do you realize who would be sued if the airframe failed and hurt someone? i would , not BJ ... me.

Last edited by warbird_1; 05-07-2014 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Justflying1

Unbelievable and an absolute disgrace to even say that this person done the wrong thing by posting this video.
From me A BIG THANK YOU.
As quoted there is quality control at the factory and the careless person doing it should get sacked no questions asked. If I did a f^@& up like that at work I would be sacked. I mean everyone makes mistakes but that is just a disgrace. That engine mount alone is unspeakable.
I wonder what the Chinese would say if we exported cray fish to them in that crap quality they send us.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Turbinac

The check for total refund for not just the Torus kit but also the shipping cost is on its way to Ron.

Sadly we are of the opinion that there was malicious intent in the way that this was handled. Not only was it posted on RCU but also worldwide on YouTube. Overkill?? Ron has dealt with us before and knows full well that we have very strong principles regarding customer care. This would have been resolved to his full satisfaction if he had contacted either Patricia or myself directly. No products made in the Far East can be totally free from occasional problems, as we all know.

Apart from the way our planes fly, the way we have dealt with customers questions and problems over the years has been the very reason that literally thousands of Boomerang Jets are flown worldwide. How many kit makers are there where you can talk to the designer/owner directly for help or advice or even to have a moan about something you don't like? Our phone numbers are widely known. This nasty display, trying to hurt our small company (Just Patricia single handed in the USA with Alan's back up from the UK ) was uncalled for.

Alan Cardash. Designer of Boomerang Jets.

Last edited by Turbinac; 05-07-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:46 AM
warbird_1

Allen , i'm sorry you feel that i went on a witch hunt to smear you . that's the farthest thing from the truth . The times we talked at different events was always a pleasant ones. i posted on youtube simple because you can't post videos directly to RCU . i'm disappointed that you have to turn this on to me. I have other reasons why i opted not to contact you folks first. reasons i won't disclose here but will be happy to share with you offline. My video clearly starts out by explaining that i have no intention of trying to hurt someone or some company. I was hoping it would go something like , "sorry the kit was in poor shape ,we will try to make it right " . instead i get blamed for bringing the truth to light. i never said all your products were bad , just the torus i received. I'm getting tiered of reading forum after forum in which the overseas stuff is getting worst. i never expected a BVM kit , just a middle of the road plane i could have fun with. My fears are that someday , someone will get hurt and really change the face of jet flying forever. As far as the kit i have goes . if you want it back , i'll find a way to box it for shipment back to you. otherwise it will sit here.if you wish , i will destroy it. In closing , i'm sorry your offended because of this post. perhaps i saved someone from the same fate as me . I would like to encourage you to be more proactive in quality control. Subject closed ....

Last edited by warbird_1; 05-07-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:49 AM
warbird_1

Moderator... please close thread .
Old 05-07-2014, 08:54 AM
Justflying1

Alan,
i agree that your customer service is 100% and when I bought my Élan which I fly on a regular basis from Patricia she gave me exceptional after sales service. I also understand that sometimes things do slip through the factory which aren't rite however, in my opinion this was nothing more than malicious intent by the quality control person in charge at the factory. I do feel sorry that this has happened as you do produce fine flying jets but there are a lot of people out there including myself getting very frustrated as quality control seems to be non existing with most Chinese manufacturers.

Ivan

Last edited by Justflying1; 05-07-2014 at 08:59 AM. Reason: To post name
Old 05-07-2014, 09:08 AM
MJD

The OP post continues to inflict damage, because post #62 still contains thinly-veiled references to other supposed wrongs that Boomerang inflicted without saying what they are:

"I have other reasons why i opted not to contact you folks first. reasons i won't disclose here but will be happy to share with you offline."

Yet after saying that you want the thread closed? Hardly fair to Boomerang. How else could one interpret this except as "I'm making accusations against the mfg that I don't want to say publicly, I just want the world to know that I'm pissed but at the same time I refuse to elaborate."

In other words the OP wants the damage of a public post but cannot come out and say why - IMHO that shreds any remaining credibility this thread may have had.

Final score to this forum reader: Boomerang 1, OP 0.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:50 AM
9ballvalk
My Feedback: (13)

Assuming the seller doesn't want this item back, then I'm looking forward to seeing the Youtube video of the jet's destruction...a sledge hammer or a shovel would do the trick...

It sounds like the problem has been solved with the refund and an apology...from both sides.

Good luck and fly safely.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:26 AM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by jrhorton
Assuming the seller doesn't want this item back, then I'm looking forward to seeing the Youtube video of the jet's destruction...a sledge hammer or a shovel would do the trick...

It sounds like the problem has been solved with the refund and an apology...from both sides.

Good luck and fly safely.
i did give them that option ...........
Old 05-07-2014, 10:45 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Why is the video still available if there is no intention to continue jabbing the manufacturer... they have refunded, so move on and take down the video.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Jim Cattanach

Why take down the video? I am sure the worker who produced this disaster of a kit is still churning out the same rubbish & perhaps another buyer may think such a construction is normal, assemble it & fly it, with serious results. If one example exists, there are probably many more somewhere out there.
Serious action is needed to track down the worker & hire a new quality control supervisor.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:04 AM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by on_your_six
Why is the video still available if there is no intention to continue jabbing the manufacturer... they have refunded, so move on and take down the video.
do you really think i'm Jabbing Really? what about the numerous Fly eagle jets posts? should they all be removed ?
Old 05-07-2014, 11:19 AM
LarsL

I recently bought a $525 Sage VXP fly rod that has the rear reel seat ring mounted backwards. No way to mount the reel so of course in this condition the rod was completely non-functional. I suppose I had the choice of posting something on the fly-fishing forums and on You Tube warning people to observe the pictures before buying Sage fly-rods because of this very obvious quality error. Instead, I chose to notify them and I now have a replacement rod. Everything just between me and them (now you all too)... they apologized and corrected the problem. They are investigating ways to poka yoke the design and assembly process so that it can only go together one way because quality inspection will always include the possibility of human error. This was the best way to handle it (of course my opinion). By the way, my rod was made in Bainbridge Island, Washington, not some low cost country.
Allen is standup as no one here including the OP has disputed. They even have some personal history having had “pleasant conversations at events.” I’m 99% confident (can never be 100% as Allen may have had “a moment”) that if the OP had shown him the video directly, he not only would have made things right, he would have also taken the steps he could to rectify the problem at the source. I would bet that he is doing just that as we are having this back and forth.

Lars
Old 05-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Colin Gontier

First and foremost it looks like the most important thing has been done and the customer is being refunded with immediate effect. I am in complete agreement that the kit was sub standard. As Alan states our principles of customer care are important to us at Boomerang and we would like to think that this has led us through many years in the RC Jet trade.

I am posting on this thread because the OP sent me an email here in the UK advising that he had started the thread. Whilst I do not deal with transactions in the US as that is Alan and Patricias domain, the fact that I was made aware of the thread by the OP, and the fact that Boomerang UK services the rest of the world , has led me to comment. We value our customers and their experiences wherever they may be from

I phoned Alan Cardash first thing this morning to discuss the matter at hand and whilst we were both quite shocked that such a video had been posted the only way to deal with it is to face it head on. We care about our customers here at Boomerang and if you have received a defective kit we will rectify that situation, its as simple as that. What I can also assure you is that we work tirelessly - and I mean tirelessly, to achieve standards of quality and consistency that represent what people have come to expect from our brand and the price points of our products. Sadly, as with any business, life situation, whatever, things sometimes just don't go to plan but the key, I think, is in resolving these situations in the most productive manner.

I really don't want to harp on here and certainly don't want to attract any more judgement, criticism or ill feeling but I think it is absolutely imperative to point out that the kit shown in the video is not representative of our general standards. To those that might say "well you would say that wouldn't you" well ask yourself this - if every kit that went out was like that - wouldn't we be hearing more about it? - would we even still be in business? Many who have commented on this thread rightly point out that information - particularly bad information travels like wildfire. There are many thousands of Boomerangs out there - does our factory get every single kit right? No it doesn't Do we pull our hair out when something like this happens - absolutely, but we simply wouldn't continue to sell product if our standards were consistently below expectation. We will of course take this issue up with the factory but I would rather get to the bottom of why it might have happened than start demanding that heads roll and serious consequences must ensue.

As it happens, one of my first jobs this morning was to pull a Torus kit out of stock to open and pack up with the rest of a package ordered to go out to a customer tomorrow. I decided to take a video of what came out of the box, talk a little about the Torus - about quality control in general with our kits and try to give people viewing this thread and anyone else who was interested a view from our perspective as a manufacturer. Please understand this is not, in any way shape or form, a "fight back" to the OP or any attempt to discredit him or his experience in any way. To be honest my mind was buzzing with what on earth was going on, so I thought I would just put the camera on what we were doing today here at Boomerang UK and what sort of standards you might expect from us. This kit was not specially selected, nothing contrived, just out of the box, unpacked from its wrapping and to the table to be filmed. I can see some might ask if we unpack and unwrap every kit - we don't. Most kits are opened to check all the contents are there and for any obvious shipping trauma but individual parts are well wrapped at the factory and generally not unwrapped unless we have a particular cause for concern. Not only is it a rather significant exercise to undertake due to the number of kits that go out but the idea is that the QC at the factory - which we work very hard to ensure is implemented to our standards, is in fact carried out to those standards. I talk a little about this in the video and you might even see something that you haven't got in your kit in terms of QC evidence because we are constantly striving in this area and always looking for new ways to make sure things are as they should be. The very latest batch of kits has the latest additions to QC tracking.

Hopefully this video will be of interest to some. Its not professionally done, its not intended to be a marketing diatribe, its just a bit of film taken on the iPad today and something I feel is worth sharing.

To warbird_1 whilst it seems we might disagree on the hows and whys, the most important thing is that your issue is resolved and it looks like that is well on the way to being done with a refund in the post.

kind regards to all

Colin Gontier
Boomerang Jets UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gPIFB5iZw4

Last edited by Colin Gontier; 05-07-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:45 AM
jetster81

I cannot for the life of me understand why some who feel they have a beef with a company about the product they have been sold is sub standard to immediately go running to the internet and bash the said company for all its worth along with a load of supporters who back the poster even though they themselves have not had the same experience. Why would anyone do this without first going down the proper channels and speak first with the seller to get the matter put right. All I can come up with is that a certain part of the community think it is big to bash a retailer with out recourse. Me I think those who do this are nothing more than trouble making mongers having their moment on the open stage who are acting in a cowardly manner by not at first letting the retailer react.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:02 PM
SushiHunter

Originally Posted by Colin Gontier
Is it me or does the plane in the first video look more like a "knock-off/counterfeit" version of the plane shown in the second video above? This plane in the second video above looks really good inside and out. But there are obviously differences between the two besides the quality issue.

For example: The construction where the wing meets the fuse. Notice the difference....

Still taken from first video:

Still taken from second video:

Notice the difference? The still taken from the second video shows a different hole pattern then the first. Is this normal?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	First Wing.JPG
Views:	455
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	1993309   Click image for larger version

Name:	Second Wing.JPG
Views:	489
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	1993310  

Last edited by SushiHunter; 05-07-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:17 PM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by SushiHunter
Is it me or does the plane in the first video look more like a "knock-off/counterfeit" version of the plane shown in the second video above? This plane in the second video above looks really good inside and out. But there are obviously differences between the two besides the quality issue.

For example: The construction where the wing meets the fuse. Notice the difference....

Still taken from first video:

Still taken from second video:

Notice the difference? The still taken from the second video shows a different hole pattern then the first. Is this normal?
ROFL !!! now a conspiracy ?? oh i forgot to tell you . i copied the torus and molded my own then i painted to look like BJ and then blamed them for my own crappy work. you got me !! how about the fact that these were unpopular and sat for a long time in a warehouse and that's why they were hundreds off the list price ...
Old 05-07-2014, 12:20 PM
warbird_1

so if they have improved , i'm happy . i never saw a bad flying boomer just badly glued ones. nothing upsets me more than having to go through this. i was looking forward to the new ride. i could have bought a DV8R with gear for the same price i paid for this plane . i chose this one 'cause i liked the looks even though i'm over the twin boom look.i'd be interested in knowing how old this plane actually is.. maybe it was one of the first ones cause yours looks a lot better than mine.

Last edited by warbird_1; 05-07-2014 at 12:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.