Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Would you pay for someone Else's Bill?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Would you pay for someone Else's Bill?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 08:17 AM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Should a Company expect you to pay someone else's Bill?

Well, this really flamed me this morning, I am not going to name companies, but he did insult me by calling a different person's name this morning via email, not that big of a deal, except that person ripped me off big time . I order some parts, and I am told that I can pay online via PayPal. so I do, three days latter I get an email stating that I have two unpaid invoices from 2005 and 2011 for work done to the previous owner. After about two weeks of going back forth with email, text and voice calls not getting returned. I went higher up the ladder. I was told my parts would be shipped promptly. Now I should mentioned that this three products where purchased from a very respectable Jet guy in the community and the bills are under his name. When this person and I spoke on the phone, he stated that those where also from before he owned the product. I have explained to the company in many different ways when and where I purchased the products to establish a timeline and this person wants something in writing from the seller of the products but demands that I get it for him.

!. When I contact the seller, he states that the he had a conversation with this company and I should not worry about it.
2. When any emails or communications to me are sent, they do not copy the seller.

I have explained in writing many times that I did not contract with them for any services and that they do not have any bills with my name or address in them, but so far this one persons still demands I get something in writing from the seller even though they seem to be having perfect communications between themselves in the background.

Ralph Salgado

Last edited by Turbulence; 05-07-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:25 PM
iflyrcjets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will name it,JET CENTRAL,buy a kingtech and you will not have this problem.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Turbulence

WOW, Great guess. I called the people in Mexico and they sent me my ECU's they arrived last Saturday. It took two days of emails and calls back and forth. From my side, no customer should ever be expected to pay for a bill that has someone else's name and even worse told to go speak to the previous owner. A simple "Hey when did you get these and from who" would of helped clear the air faster. I finally had to include the seller, Jet Central and the people in Mexico in all email communications so we could stop the "He said, she said" thing. Of course for my part, maybe I should of got a bill of sale or something from the seller, but who does that now a days? I don't do that when I buy stuff from here or sell things. The seller promised to fax me a signed letter and a copy sent to Jet Central, that of course has not happened yet either. I just hope it does not happen again. To make matters more of an insult, I was getting charged for repairs on a Turbine I did not own, have ever owned or even know who owns it. That part I guess I was guilty by association. Jet Central sponsors an event and maybe they where both trying to stay on each other good side and sacrifice me in the middle of it.

Ralph
Old 05-14-2014, 10:29 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Leaves me wondering about some things, Did you order parts for a engine and had to include the engine SN to get the parts? Otherwise how would they know you had
any relationship with the guy that did not pay his bill.

How was it this guy was able to get work done without paying for it? Did Jet Central work on his engine and ship it back to him before receiving payment and they did
this twice. Anyway IMO no one should try to collect someones bill from someone else even though the gov will do it and I have heard of utility companies doing so.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:13 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Very sad situation. I can perfectly understand both sides of the story.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:30 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I also understand both sides of the story, bottom line is:

• Jet Central warranties are driven by the Turbine serial number.

• The Turbine serial number is in a data base and associated with a person who registered it.

• If the Turbine is sold and the company is not notified then of course the data base would not be updated.

I believe it was reasonable for the company to ask for proof of sale to update their data base, this is only protecting the original registered owner in case the turbine was stolen.

I am questioning the intentions of the OP if this issue was resolved between he and the company in a reasonable time frame.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:33 AM
RCISFUN

Originally Posted by ira d
Leaves me wondering about some things, Did you order parts for a engine and had to include the engine SN to get the parts? Otherwise how would they know you had
any relationship with the guy that did not pay his bill.

How was it this guy was able to get work done without paying for it? Did Jet Central work on his engine and ship it back to him before receiving payment and they did
this twice. Anyway IMO no one should try to collect someones bill from someone else even though the gov will do it and I have heard of utility companies doing so.

The ECU is programmed with the Turbine S/N in the start up screen, so it would have been required to factory program it.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:27 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

If we are only talking about $100 or so and you expect to have future dealina with the company, then the $100 is probably money well spent not having to deal with the hassle again. Now if we are talking a coulle hundred, then probably not, the original (bill) owner should be held accountable and expected to pay up.

I guess its kinda like buying something with a lien on it. If you didnt know before you bought it, you kind of inherit the mess associated with it.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:09 AM
Turbulence

Rich,

Not hearing back for two weeks was not a reasonable time frame for me, at some point they could of told me they where looking into it, addressing it, what ever. Complete Silence is not a proper way to handle things of course that is on my opinion. Calls, Text and emails went unanswered, I called the factory because I was about to put a claim on my PayPal for the $450 for two ECU's. The communications with the factory started on the 7th of May and by the 10th I had my ECU's. We can look at it that the company had a DEBT, yep, but they knew where the person was, deal with him every year and Sponsor his Event, they could at anytime asked or talked to him. My main gripe was that they wanted me to do that for them.

Here is the part of "He said, I said" When I called Joe C. he would tell me that he and Eric just spoke and that ERIC told him, this was a problem Between Jet Central and Ralph and not to worry about it, but any emails from Eric stated that I needed to get in touch with Joe and have the bill paid. The bill was not under my name, the turbines did not ship to my house. Why bring me into the drama? They (Jet Central) sponsor Best in the West, They know how to get a hold of Joe and they could of easily spoke to him. It was not until I started copying him in all the emails between the factory, Eric and myself that the factory decided it was not my responsibility. Keep in mind that one of those Turbines is not mine and I have never owned it. I own JF-50 #0069 and JF-50 #0066.

These are some of the first Generation Bee's LONG out of warranty and long before the Lifetime Warranty was put into place.

BTW JF-50 #0069 was sent for service By ME and paid for repairs By me and shipped to me in or around 2009? We where at the Desert Jet Storm and it had a Hot Start, I sent it in they replaced Bearings, Shaft etc etc etc. The factory knew then that it belonged to ME. So with that said Why the hassle NOW.

Ralph

Attached are the two unpaid Bills

[ATTACH]1995541[/IMG][ATTACH]1995543[/IMG]

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
I also understand both sides of the story, bottom line is:

• Jet Central warranties are driven by the Turbine serial number.

• The Turbine serial number is in a data base and associated with a person who registered it.

• If the Turbine is sold and the company is not notified then of course the data base would not be updated.

I believe it was reasonable for the company to ask for proof of sale to update their data base, this is only protecting the original registered owner in case the turbine was stolen.

I am questioning the intentions of the OP if this issue was resolved between he and the company in a reasonable time frame.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
jf50-067.pdf (21.8 KB, 64 views)
File Type: pdf
jf50-069.pdf (22.2 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by Turbulence; 05-15-2014 at 08:31 AM. Reason: attachment
Old 05-15-2014, 08:24 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

From now on Im buying title insurance on used engines.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:27 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by FalconWings
Very sad situation. I can perfectly understand both sides of the story.
+1

Bob
Old 05-15-2014, 08:28 AM
Turbulence

BTW: In part to Joe's Defense Turbine JF-50 #0069 that has a bill due was when Paul Pigneri ran the turbine lines here in the USA, He screwed many people out of money (including me for two turbines) and that is where the first bill came from in 2005. He sold that Turbine to Joe with the bill unpaid. As for the second one, I have no clue or comment besides that I do not have it or own it.

Ralph
Old 05-15-2014, 08:49 AM
Jetdktr
My Feedback: (21)

Ralph (Turbulence),

Just curious, are you the Ralph Salgado that worked for Presidential Airways at IAD in the eighties. If so drop me an email.

Jim
Old 05-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Turbulence

Same name, but the closest I came to that is working at McDonnell Douglas making Jets Sorry, I was in High School in the 80's

Originally Posted by Jetdktr
Ralph (Turbulence),

Just curious, are you the Ralph Salgado that worked for Presidential Airways at IAD in the eighties. If so drop me an email.

Jim
Old 05-15-2014, 09:29 AM
Jetdktr
My Feedback: (21)

Ralph,

Thanks for the reply. I worked with a great bunch of people at Presidential, thought you might have been one of them. It was a regional airline (mostly East Coast) that really should have taken off (pardon the pun, sorry)

Jim
Old 05-15-2014, 10:37 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
The ECU is programmed with the Turbine S/N in the start up screen, so it would have been required to factory program it.
Thanks for the reply it's kind of what I thought, Still I wonder why Jet Central would let someone have a engine or parts without them being paid for.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:08 AM
RCISFUN

Originally Posted by ira d
Thanks for the reply it's kind of what I thought, Still I wonder why Jet Central would let someone have a engine or parts without them being paid for.
I think the answer was in post #12, seems the issue was with the previous US rep back in 2005.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:35 PM
JoshuaDA10
My Feedback: (11)

I've read through several threads that read like this one, and I for one hate to see things like this pop up. I am kind of surprised that, with how expensive these aircraft are, formal purchase agreements are not used more often.

Just out of curiosity, if the engines and ecu's are registered by serial number is it possible to run a search that would show unpaid invoices or things of that nature? Thomas hit it right on in his post that this is like buying something wiht a lien on it.

I'm mentioning this because I broker airplanes for a living, and some of these jets approach full scale dollars!
Old 05-15-2014, 01:36 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Those of us with jobs are already paying the bills of others,
Old 05-15-2014, 03:19 PM
RCISFUN

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying
Those of us with jobs are already paying the bills of others,
You hit that nail on the head!!!!
Old 05-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Turbulence

In the end, Victoria Nieto was the one that made the judgment call or at least the one that communicated with me from Mexico. My ECU's arrive next day after she said she would send them. Hopefully we do not have to revisit this say situation when my Bee 0069 needs service again. I guess if I get prepared and ask Joe to make the Bill of sale and when I purchased the engines, we might be able to resolve this faster.

Rich,

I am not trying to play devils advocate or anything else, but in my personal opinion, when the company changed Rep's those kind of issues should of gone with the rep (as in out the door). A customer should not have to be part of that, if the bills are under a persons name and that same person sends the engine in for repair, then I can understand maybe in that situation. In my case, I was purchasing parts (ECU's) to update my engines and as I believed it at the time, my money was going to be used to pay some of those unpaid bills even if they did not have my name on them. Let's just end this with the fact that they sent the ECU's overnight when cooler heads prevailed. Victoria said in part of her email that I would not hear of it again and the engines have now been registered under my name, as of May 7th. Now, I do need to get another Turbine for my new Xcalibur that just showed up this Morning Man, I need to get more into the Dark Side again I've been doing electrics only for a couple of years.

Ralph

Last edited by Turbulence; 05-15-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:36 AM
Gary Jefferson
My Feedback: (167)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember Paul Pigneri from years ago also. The thread below kind of highlights the extent of his situation.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...g-su-35-a.html
Old 05-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Turbulence

SO, back to the repair bills, ONE LAST time too. Pigneri put the bills under Joe's name at least the one from 2005 But Joe C. had bought a brand new engine so that bill and repair was before his time. He is very unhappy with me that I put his name out, as far as the second Turbine repair in 4-11-2011 for JF-50 0067, I have no clue only to say that Joe C. does not own or have that engine. So who owns those charges or bills? I have no clue but I should have been left out of it. My main comment is they knew and had means of contacting him IF they wanted to help clear this up, but it was left up to me. Any of you that know Joe, knows that he would have paid his bills but I would not expect anyone, Joe included to pay for someone else's repair job. If anything is also shows that Joe paid for what he thought was a NIB turbine and received a repair job. So to Joe C., my apologies.

Ralph

Originally Posted by Turbulence
BTW: In part to Joe's Defense Turbine JF-50 #0069 that has a bill due was when Paul Pigneri ran the turbine lines here in the USA, He screwed many people out of money (including me for two turbines) and that is where the first bill came from in 2005. He sold that Turbine to Joe with the bill unpaid. As for the second one, I have no clue or comment besides that I do not have it or own it.

Ralph
Old 05-16-2014, 10:37 AM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to clear things up a bit because I see my name wad dragged into this thread. I purchased 2 new in the box B engines back in 2005 or late 2004 from Paul Pigneri who at the time was the US dealer for Jet Artes engines. I never started the engines, as one engine was installed in a BVM Maverick and the other engine was still in the box. I sold the Maverick to Ralph along with the installed B engine and the other engine in box, both engines new and never started by me or anyone other than the company who sold them. My name I guess was still as the original owner with Jet Artes. I never saw these engines or Maverick since I sold to Ralph, nor did I ever send any engine or engines to JA for any repair or service, so 9 plus years later I have my name dragged into a thread that has nothing to do with me. I do not owe any money to any invoice to Jet Artes, Jet Central or to Ralph. This has nothing to do with me or Eric Clapp and Jet Central, yes they have sponsored BITW and there sponsorship does not reflect any comments on this thread. I did write the letter that Ralph ask me to do along with Victoria's request, it was sent to Victoria, Eric Clapp and Ralph.

Joe C!
Old 05-16-2014, 11:04 AM
Turbulence

Joe,

I agree with 99.9 percent of your message and I have already stated what your position was in this matter. I am sorry if you thought the reference to BITW was inappropriate, you know I am one of the ones that kept that even going for a long time, it was just to show that IF THEY wanted, at any point they knew how to contact you instead of the three way conversations. You sold me Super Bee 0066 and 0069, which I still own, so someone out there possibly still owns 0067 which is one of the bills that they wanted me to pay, for something I do not own. I forwarded you all the emails that came from Eric Clapp and Jet Central.

Ralph

Originally Posted by Joe C
This has nothing to do with me or Eric Clapp and Jet Central, yes they have sponsored BITW and there sponsorship does not reflect any comments on this thread. I did write the letter that Ralph ask me to do along with Victoria's request, it was sent to Victoria, Eric Clapp and Ralph.

Joe C!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.