Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fuel tank problem ULTRA FLASH CARF

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fuel tank problem ULTRA FLASH CARF

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 05:53 AM
dagaro1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
Today I finally fixed the problem. I´ve had to buy the wing tank and I´ve connected de hopper to wing tank and the wing tank to main tank is the best way for this problem.
Definitely, You don`t ever flying with the plane without the wing tank as you indicated you will vacuum hopper. I cost me three bad landings and some "broken".

Thanks for you support.

Composite ARF not even replied to my email, I put them about 1 month.

Regards Daniel.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	14062014316.jpg
Views:	1379
Size:	483.9 KB
ID:	2004892  
Old 12-09-2017, 05:55 AM
Thai Tiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having exactly the same problem as you were, the jet flamed out on rollout.....very poor design.

How did using the wing tank as a hopper work for you please Daniel?
Old 12-09-2017, 11:12 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

! As I have said many time the tank works as designed. All our UF in the UK fly with a stock set up, just a change to a high flow felt clunk. P-120, P-140, P-160 and P-180Rx all successful and trouble free...
Old 12-10-2017, 11:17 AM
cmjets

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

Hi friends, you can get full set tank here:

Flash set Kevlar tanks

Regards from Spain
Carlos
Old 12-11-2017, 06:42 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When this happened to me in the field, I added Crow to drop the tail a little bit, and I slowed down more methodically by coming upwind clean, then pulling around to downwind and dropping the gear and takeoff flaps, then final flaps just before turning from downwind to final.. this made the time decelerating mostly under positive G.. the only time the aircraft was flat was on the ground.. that helped until I could get home from a meet and put in a High flow felt clunk per Davids advice.. this was a long time ago..

check clunk holes closely for slag and any clean up needed around the holes.. I had to drill mine out a little to open the hole a little. this was for a 160 motor.

If I were to build another flash, I would use Carlo's tanks, and use a felt clunk in the main tank. the wing tank would be smoke. This keeps all fuel connections permanent.. IMHO..