Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Stupid frakin flippin Heat shield!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Stupid frakin flippin Heat shield!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 09:27 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by invertmast
Its a classic Bandit before it became Classic. Its an older model i got second hand here off RCU and put 3 1/2 months of work into doing paint touch ups, upgrades and general maintenance. In hindsight i should of just repainted the entire jet.

Invermast.... I was the original owner of that bandit.... I called it my "laker bandit". It was build by Tad K. Of Golden West Models, Painted by Scott Anderson... I had a great time with it until I moved to a Super Bandit.... The latches on the turbine hatch was my idea to avoid scratches of the body paint... That's why they are on the fuse rather than on the hatch.... Enjoy it and wish a long life ....
Old 05-27-2014, 09:39 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by roger.alli
300 Newton = 67 lbs force.. !!!! That should do it..
My Ultra Bandit is equipped with a jetcat P300... I have a switch setup on my Jeti transmitter controlling the dual rate on throttle. Normally it will be a 100K rpm. 220N (73% upper travel) once I flip the switch (100%travel) rpm is at 125K 300N. The only issue with that setup is that I have to have the switch active to start the turbine (startup needs to see 100% pulse). After startup I go back on switch and I get 220 N..

Also I agree. BANDITS ROCK.... I have two Bandit MKII. The thunderbird scheme has a P100 RX and the other is the new Hi Viz scheme with a Jet Munts 140 X with brushless pump and starter motor and all HV servos... To complete my bandit collection I have an eBandit with EVF3 "14S"...

I'm looking into having a Super Bandit build with BV's new metal paint... That will be equipped with jetcat new 180RXi

Love Bandits.....
Old 05-28-2014, 03:01 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Matt, all my jets have had a chance to "fly" on my truck!

Clever set up Rav. You must get some interesting looks when you're driving.