Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Best Presciption Sunglasses

HI guys, need to get your help in recommending the best presription sun glassess. Let me know what you are happy with.
    Rcpete
    PS., I hope knowone recommends Maui Jim's, especally their wraps, I've sent back 5 pairs for distortion.
    Last edited by rcpete347; 06-09-2014 at 09:27 PM.
    Wear your sun protection

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I now buy my glasses at Costco, and bought the exact same frames with my prescription in the frames with a brown tint for sunglasses. I am very pleased and I have tried all of the other script type glasses and was not happy. This has been the best so far for me.

Clay

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Pete
    i made a mistake last time I bought sunglasses. I got Polaroid and although they work great with no distortion that I can see. I cannot see the screen on my transmitter or GSU. Lol I have bifocals so can't even read it with my glasses off. So don't recommend them for our use

I use Oakley Juliet frames with a sunglass Rx cut by them. I can pretty much look into the sun momentarily and back no problem. The frame is very tough, its titanium, and Ive been using them since 1998. Great clarity and quality but a bit pricy at about $700.
    Like a midget in a urinal I knew I had to stay on my toes...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    When I was competing regularly with helicopters I had various prescription sunglasses for a mild short shortsightedness. I struggled with some sets and ended up buying Oakley cut glasses, expensive but worth it.

Dw
    Motors & Rotors. JetCat, Powerbox, Intairco, Behotec, Graupner. CARF-models Rep. JR Propo for ever!, Jet 1A, MAP, Evojet, BVM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Oakley lens are one of the best... That's from my wife with 36yrs optician experience
    just had the latest transition on my vari focals, Oakley are good as one of the hardest coatings in the industry

Polarised are good if you are on the water...

At the last count I have around 14 pairs all have been good oh also am trying a pair of RayBans at present which are not bad

One piece of advice is get decent lens some of the cheap lens that are fitted to glasses cost as little as 50 pence and you get charged big bucks! You have been warned :-)

Alan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    http://z-xg.com/

They are now called Zurich Extreme Glare sunglasses but we all know them as Zurich sunglasses. They have changed their name but they they are still Zurichs. They can now make them to in prescriptions as well.

Ken
    The take off is optional, but the landing is MANDATORY!!
    RCU Forum Manager
    www.gettingairborne.com
    RCKen Publications
    Brotherhood's
    Ultra Sport Brother #1
    Sig Brotherhood #4
    Balsa USA #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Another vote for Oakley Pete, they are very expensive but, their lenses are the best. Go check them out.

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Pete,
    stay away from the Maui Jim wrap a rounds
    it's difficult to get prescription lenses in the wrap around type
    I use the MJ regular style and I'm happy with them - yes it's difficult to see the GSU and other LCD screens
    Xantos

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I have a pair of them, and they're great! The best I've ever worn! When my prescription changes, I'll get another pair. Another thing...My wife says I "Look good" in them"!!!

Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by RCKen View Post
    http://z-xg.com/

They are now called Zurich Extreme Glare sunglasses but we all know them as Zurich sunglasses. They have changed their name but they they are still Zurichs. They can now make them to in prescriptions as well.

Ken
    Last edited by jeteye; 06-10-2014 at 09:31 PM.
    The General-Jet Central,Team Horizon Hobby,Fly Eagle Jets,Robart,\"Jets Over Kentucky week\", ElectroDynamics,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Oakleys all,the way I've been wearing them for years.
    if ya aint burnin well?

KEV-O

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    A bit over a year ago, I got mine from Rapid Eyewear from the UK.

http://www.rapideyewear.co.uk/

Pick the sport (RC Model Aircraft), and let them know your prescription.
    You get 4 different outer lenses, that fit over your untinted prescription.
    The 4 lenses you get are different for different sports, sometimes polarized sometimes not.
    I'll use a medium one for bright sun, but anything less than that switch it to the yellow, contrast enhancing one, and it really helps make the contrast pop, helping out a bunch.

I like them, although I've heard good things as well from other brands mentioned here too.

Lance

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Zurich will take your Rx glasses and have their coating applied. This way you can get the frame and glass made by your local optician and make sure they are perfect. Then you send them to Zurich for their coatings. You just have to make sure you order your glasses with no coatings whatsoever. Bruce from Zurich will tell you exactly what you need to tell the lens maker.
    Marty

BOialsos

Another vote for Zurichs. It is worth having two pairs one with the grey lenses for bright days and the rose lenses for dull days.

Flying in the UK meant that I needed my rose coloured glasses most flying days.
    The dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Pete,

If you don't mind spending a little for the highest quality.. I recommend SERENGETI . http://www.serengeti-eyewear.com/

I fly for a living and can't live without them, I've tried many brands and these are the best by far. I use the DRIVER'S GRADIENT LENS, and had them custom made to my prescription at the factory.

Cheers

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Oakley's Pete.
    EliteAerosports.com
    Team Horizon, Thunder Power RC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Contacts and non-RX sunglasses (I'm using Rapid Eyewear.) Since I also need bifocals and contacts can't do that, I also have a pair of sunglasses with built in "readers" (magnifiers) to putter around the pits with.

Works for me.
    ...jim