Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Little help programing the prolink electric gear and brakes PLEASE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Little help programing the prolink electric gear and brakes PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 04:39 AM
Lil Hoss
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little help programing the prolink electric gear and brakes PLEASE

I spent the last 2 night trying to program my new gear. I am confused.....
This is what I have.
Brakes go from the wheels to the input on the controller
Steering servo to the Steering out on the controller
Steering input from the controller to the Redder on the RX
Right retract to right retract on controller
Left to left on the controller
Nose to nose on the controller
Gear input from controller to Gear on the RX.
Now,,, I would like to use down elevator for brakes Where do I plug brake input into???
What mix do I use?? I have Elev to Gear and that is not working.
One other thing,,,, I have main battery unplugged, I use a plastic stick to program.
1st,, Hold in button and turn on RX
2nd release button
3rd push button in again and release ( I now have steering......)
That's where it goes down hill.
I turn off the TX and RX Reboot and no steering but I do have retracts working in the opposite direction of my switch that I had it programed in.
Can some one PLEASE get me past the problem??? I am running out of Patiences and hair...

Thanks Guys
Hoss
Old 06-26-2014, 06:21 AM
Ian Burridge

Hoss,
I use the Behotec electric retracts and on that the steering will only work with the wheels down. As they are moving in the opposite direction to what you have programmed the switch reverse the retract plug in the controller. The brakes should go to the brake OUTPUT not input. Pherhaps a photo of the controller showing the plug labels may help to solve this.
Ian.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:10 AM
Lil Hoss
My Feedback: (58)

Originally Posted by Ian Burridge
Hoss,
I use the Behotec electric retracts and on that the steering will only work with the wheels down. As they are moving in the opposite direction to what you have programmed the switch reverse the retract plug in the controller. The brakes should go to the brake OUTPUT not input. Pherhaps a photo of the controller showing the plug labels may help to solve this.
Ian.
Hello Ian
The brakes are in the OUTPUT. Where does the brakes INPUT go to on the RX???
Does the programming have to be done in the retracted position???

THANKS MUCH Ian

Hoss
Old 06-26-2014, 07:33 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Hoss.
We offer two versions of our Electronic Gear control module, Unclear which version you have? Both have the same basic input and output configuration but programming is a little different depending on the version.

On the basic:

All the Inputs are located at the ports in the bottom right of this image, including one output for your steering servo. Gear, Brake and Steering outputs from your RX are connected here. On the bottom left is your 3 gear outputs.

Programming the module is fairly straight forward:
Setup:
There is a LED indicator and a push button for setup on the top of the unit.
Connect the RC channels you want to use (Gear In, Brake In and Steering In
optional). Set the Steering In (Rudder channel) in the position you want that the
steering servo be placed during retraction and gear up position.
Leave the main battery disconnected to prevent accidental movement of motors.
Switch off the power. Press the button with the aid of a plastic rod (a pen, etc, but
nothing metallic that could damage the electronic board). While the button pressed,
switch on the power on the receiver.
When receiver powered, release the switch.
The blue LED will light intermittently, one short flash with a long pause between
flashes.
Set your transmitter at the position you want the gear to be retracted.
Once the TX set, press the switch again. Hold it pressed until it lit continuously, this will
indicate that the command received from the TX as been stored as “Gear Up”
command.
Release the button, the led will blink 2 short times followed by a long pause. Repeat
the procedure described above for to memorize the remaining radio commands:
1 blink -> Gear Up command
2 blinks -> Gear Down (extended) command
3 blinks -> Brake OFF. The unit will detect if signal present on Brake In, if not will
assume single channel mode.
4 blinks -> Brake maximum.
5 Blinks- > Steering servo retracted position.

Once you have completed the programming steps, plug the module power supply into the module and test the gear. If the retracts are functioning in reverse to your desired position, reverse the output plugs to the actuators.
Steering and brake control will only function in the gear down position. Brake polarity is unimportant, just make sure they are the same on both sides.

The PRO version of the controller:

Connection layout is basically the same as is the "Push Button" method of programming however, this version offers far more features and to utilize the additional features, programming with a Xicoy data terminal is required; just follow the steps in the manual to program using the terminal, an additional port is provided for data terminal connection. There are also two additional "Servo Out" ports for door control sequencing.
Setup and programming is very simple and straight forward but all inputs you intend to use must be connected and programmed for those functions to operate correctly.

As for brake application; If you wish to use down elevator, simply apply a mix with elevator as master, brake channel as slave. Then program the brake throw points into the module with neutral stick as brake off, full down elevator as brakes on; proportionality will be between these two points. I would also tie the brakes to a slider or free switch to use as a parking brake for startup/shutdown.
Should you still have any issues, feel free to contact us at [email protected] and we would be happy to assist.
Todd
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lgc_12_d.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	2008897   Click image for larger version

Name:	pl_lgc13pro.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	2008898  
Old 06-26-2014, 07:41 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

One other note:
The Pro-Brake system is far more effective then pneumatic systems, providing 50-60% more braking power than your typical O-Ring style brakes.
If you are using down elevator mix for brake application, you have essentially reduced proportionality by half! You are now controlling the brakes with half of the channel bandwidth as opposed to full bandwidth. This will make the brakes more sensitive to stick movement.
The PRO module offers a maximum brake limiter and a pulse width (anti-lock) feature allowing you to adjust your brake application to suit your model and avoid flat-spotting tires.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:27 AM
andrewjet
My Feedback: (16)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Question,

I have the same controller with the data port version and by accident, I plugged my lipo in backward's due to the lipo having a mini two connector servo plug. I unplugged it quickly, however, the damage was done. Is it possible to still save the controller by replacing the resisters? Or could the damage mostly take out the semiconductors? I have not taken the unit apart to investigate however my nose tells me that something was not happy.