Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

kingtech turbines reduced price

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

kingtech turbines reduced price

Old 07-02-2014, 09:23 PM
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
Editted......

Reason for edit: Must remember to not feed the trolls.........
I think you're being too nice just calling them trolls....

PaulD
Old 07-02-2014, 10:14 PM
jetster81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As someone once said "there is no such thing as bad publicity" Kingtech had to do something in the wake of the new Jetsmunt motor which technically blew the new KT out of the water. Putting Ali's signature on it don't make it go any better. Knee jerk reaction I reckon.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:10 AM
Justflying1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you think that's a good deal that should be done, don't you think that the gas start should be cheaper than the kero start?
Isn't this a fair assumption or am I going to be accused of being a troll again.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:53 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Justflying1
If you think that's a good deal that should be done, don't you think that the gas start should be cheaper than the kero start?
Isn't this a fair assumption or am I going to be accused of being a troll again.
I am not even sure you can get a gas start anymore. Their is almost zero demand for that. Pretty sure Kingtech is only making the G series engines now. If they need to make ONE special gas start for someone then it should be more expensive.

BTW yes your still being a troll
Old 07-03-2014, 02:13 AM
Justflying1

I agree with you 100%. A special order would definably justify an increase. I was only commenting about what was on there site that was all.
Thank you for the info.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:20 AM
Justflying1

Yeh keep on calling me a troll Keyboard worrier.
Maybe you can come over to the Wang Jet meet next year and grow some balls and say it straight to my face.
You obviously can't have a conversation on the internet without calling people names. We all have an opinion and I'm not telling anyone here to agree or not with me.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:35 AM
alasdair

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Eric if it's discontinued that's a very fair call.
But to be fair if something is discontinued then why is it still on there web site.
I can only comment by what I see and read on Kingtech website
I do however find it a rip off that they are now selling the 170 for more expensive than the 180 and the 180 gas start is more expensive than the full kero start.
They may be advertising the 170 for more. That does not mean they are selling it for more.

Learn to read (between the lines). What they mean is they want you to buy the 180 with kerostart.

P.S. lerning too spel woodn't hurt (LOL)

Last edited by alasdair; 07-03-2014 at 02:51 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:08 AM
Joe Westrich
My Feedback: (95)

Wow! Kingteck is asking you to pay less money on something and you can only see a negative pespective.

This is the frustration that drives people away from RCU.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:17 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Maybe you can come over to the Wang Jet meet next year and grow some balls and say it straight to my face.
You obviously can't have a conversation on the internet without calling people names. We all have an opinion and I'm not telling anyone here to agree or not with me.
Wow now your getting offensive lol. Why so angry?? I have no problem saying it in person BTW
Old 07-03-2014, 04:26 AM
Gixxy
My Feedback: (18)

Originally Posted by gunradd
Wow now your getting offensive lol. Why so angry?? I have no problem saying it in person BTW
I bet you're doing a lot of keyboard WORRYING eh Kris ??? Don't lose sleep over it now !

And I know a few people excited about the newer lower prices ! Can't wait to play with a 210 !!! Ridiculous take off verticals to come !
Old 07-03-2014, 04:55 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well... I guess KT charge for the extra gas solenoid valves on the K-170 gas ver

P.S I wonder I could trade-in my K-170G for a K-180
Old 07-03-2014, 06:24 AM
Pepperpete

Are you kidding me? They want to make money as they need to EAT. So they come to this market and start destroying the competition by doing what a GREAT company does... They offer a fantastic product and simply out of this world customer service. They also offer amazing prices right out the door too.

And you decide to come on here and complain because they dropped the price on something already priced lower than most? Get lost man. You are LITERALLY a perfect example of TROLL!

Last edited by Pepperpete; 07-03-2014 at 06:30 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:54 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

The absurdity of this thread is exactly why the "seasoned" no longer contribute to this board!
I wont speak for Kingtech but I am sure there are numerous reasons for the pricing restructure. JustFlying1, clearly you have never owned your own business or developed a new product from the ground up! If you did, you would never make the comments expressed in this thread.
Developing a turbine engine, from the ground up is a costly expense. Engineering, tooling, machine costs, testing, redesign, ect..... a small fortune! Pricing structure will be based on cost to develop, cost to produce, margin expected and room for dealer network and advertising.... all based on "expected" sales volume. The popularity of the Kingtech line has exploded in the past 2 years and production levels are way up. Volume sales, above expected estimates, reduces production costs. Tooling development costs are recover far sooner. This allows a manufacturer to pass on some saving to the consumer. From a management standpoint, you want to keep your product pricing more appealing than your competition.
Your rhetoric in this thread shows a complete lack of knowledge when it comes to Business Economics.....
Old 07-03-2014, 07:43 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

dvds are cheaper to make than vhs, yet the sold for more... up until the point where DVD becaome main stream, now VHS costs more if its even available at all...

Same for CRT VS LCD monitors.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:45 AM
DiscoWings

Originally Posted by basimpsn
P.S I wonder I could trade-in my K-170G for a K-180
OHH me too me too!
Old 07-03-2014, 07:47 AM
DiscoWings

You better get the 180 or the 210 now, because I'm sure jets munt is going to raise the price after the promotion, so when it goes back to 4000.00 range expect the 210 to be selling for 3500, there will be even more crying then.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:18 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
You better get the 180 or the 210 now, because I'm sure jets munt is going to raise the price after the promotion, so when it goes back to 4000.00 range expect the 210 to be selling for 3500, there will be even more crying then.
+1
Old 07-03-2014, 08:24 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ivan, Did you even remotely consider that they haven't updated their website yet? Maybe they just adjusted the prices on the more popular sellers and left the old ones as is? Barry is probably laughing his ass off while he's reading this… great publicity for his company.

You have been a habitual offender on not playing nice here. Just chill out, its a bunch of toy airplanes.. we're doing this for fun…remember fun???
Old 07-03-2014, 09:37 AM
JJP
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is truly a first world problem!
Old 07-03-2014, 01:24 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Why is it that when you get news of something like this there is always someone who has to complain about it. Would the complainee been happier if they had not lowered prices? What does it matter that a kero start is less than a gas start, buy the damn kero start and be happy. I have said this before, these are toys. Expensive, cool, and dangerous in the wrong hands, but toys none the less. Go worry about the price of gas and how they are gouging us every single day. Justflying1 why don't you go stand in front of a big oil refinery and yell at them about their price gouging, because I am sure they are making 10,000 times the profit that kingtech is making off it's engines.

As I have aged I have come to realize that no matter what luck falls into someones lap they will always find a way to ruin it. I am sure if he won the lottery he would complain about all the taxes he has to pay now and how it is so unfair.

Just my .02.

Patrick

Last edited by sirrom; 07-03-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:29 PM
pilot tw

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

very good price !!

the Likai waitng the new K-210 for test fly the first product of F-16 1/5 in Taiwan, i think the F-16 1/5 power by K210 will be perfect !!!
Old 07-04-2014, 04:22 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Originally Posted by pilot tw
very good price !!

the Likai waitng the new K-210 for test fly the first product of F-16 1/5 in Taiwan, i think the F-16 1/5 power by K210 will be perfect !!!
Can't wait to see the big 16 with the 210....gonna be a beast!!
Old 07-07-2014, 08:46 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Barry, if jets-munt, or whomever, increases their prices, please try to keep your turbines at their fantastic prices if you can.

The world in general, needs to see that there really are top notch things with incredible value.

Its like sticking it to the man.

Again, kudos and I'm looking forward to doing more business with you and Kingtech.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:03 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You got it Rav,

Barry
Old 07-07-2014, 08:05 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by smaze17
Can't wait to see the big 16 with the 210....gonna be a beast!!
Same here Spencer, look forward to it.

Barry

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.