Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Boomerang Jets

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Boomerang Jets

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 05:48 AM
RCflyerCT
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boomerang Jets

Gents,

I have owned a Boomerang Élan for 2 years now and just love the jet....so much so that I want to get another as a backup (just in case, lol). I had worked with Patricia before and when I went to order, found out that she had retired and sold the business. I have called the new dealer for North America and he told me that he is not in a financial position to order or stock more product for some time (I guess at least through this year or longer based on what he told me). I called the UK dealer, and they were going to talk to Alan and see if they could ship me one, but now they are not returning calls. I have also emailed Alan twice, but have heard nothing. It looks to me like Boomerang is totally out of business in North America for all practical purposes as the dealer has no money to order, and the UK dealer won't ship to the US. I find this quite sad, as I love the Boomerang products and they have such a long and great history in RC jets. In addition, Patricia and Alan were always great to deal with.

Would anyone have any advice on how to get a new Élan...I am not looking for used as I want to take my time and build it out top of the line over the winter.

Thanks for the help.

Wes
Old 07-21-2014, 06:28 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Have you considered this model?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...ports-jet.html
Old 07-21-2014, 07:20 AM
RCflyerCT

Nice...but it is no Élan IMHO. Also, want to use a larger turbine.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:03 AM
TJP
My Feedback: (24)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That stinks.
I just lost my Baby Boomer a month ago from a bad thermocouple.
Was going to order a SPRINT and put my P60 in that.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:18 AM
Dieselman1220
My Feedback: (25)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I thought Todd at dreamworks started selling them but after looking at the site they are no longer listed. Wonder what happened?

Last edited by Dieselman1220; 07-21-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:37 PM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

You can try Paul at Gyro Hobbies in Lake Forest, Ca and see if he still has inventory.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:04 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

"Nice...but it is no Élan IMHO. Also, want to use a larger turbine."

Your right it's better and costs less.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:53 PM
RCflyerCT

Thanks..I called them after I read this and the person I talked to said they do not carry Boomerang and they "think they have gone out of business"....I guess I will have to follow Andy's advice on the Ripmax..should be interesting with a Cheetah in it, LOL!

Originally Posted by flejter1
You can try Paul at Gyro Hobbies in Lake Forest, Ca and see if he still has inventory.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:10 PM
zonker123
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forget the Cheetah, too big in diamenter, too heavy, too powerful. Rabbit 100, very nice machine.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:12 PM
RCflyerCT

Yea..I know, was just joking.

QUOTE=zonker123;11845729]Forget the Cheetah, too big in diamenter, too heavy, too powerful. Rabbit 100, very nice machine.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-21-2014, 05:03 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RCflyerCT
Thanks..I called them after I read this and the person I talked to said they do not carry Boomerang and they "think they have gone out of business"....I guess I will have to follow Andy's advice on the Ripmax..should be interesting with a Cheetah in it, LOL!
Gee the Shockjet the DV8R, the Turbinator and now the Boomerang it seems as the lower cost wood turbine kits have dried up.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:23 PM
uLTRASPORT1000
My Feedback: (8)

Who markets the Ripmax Xcalibur in the US?
Old 07-21-2014, 08:15 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by uLTRASPORT1000
Who markets the Ripmax Xcalibur in the US?
Global jet club.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:11 AM
Colin Gontier

Hi Wes,

I did email you back last week but I’m guessing I took your email down wrong as you haven’t received it. We haven’t had any calls from you that I know of unless it was yesterday, but the phone had been busy pretty much all day as it was the day after a show weekend here in the UK.

In answer to some of yours and others queries there is a stock problem with Boomerang kits in the US at this moment. There should however still be a healthy stock of spares available through the agent as listed on the US website.

The whole range of Boomerang kits have been consistently popular and in the past year or two we have seen an additional increase in demand which has left our factory struggling to cope. We are working on this and I have devised a solution but it’s a rather long term solution than a short term fix.

To further complicate issues in the USA Patricia has had some troublesome health issues in the past year or so and particularly very recently so decided that the time had come to retire. Hence Kilroy taking on the agency as it stands in the US.

All I can say at the moment is that there are no plans at all for the Elan to disappear from the jet world – very much the opposite in fact. Much as I would like to I just can’t give any more details at the moment.

With regard to shipping kits to the U.S. from our warehouse here in the UK – this is physically possible although the costs are high . We are also in a position where we are struggling to keep up with demand from our existing dealership network and end users through the rest of the world. Obviously this is not an ideal scenario but we are working to resolve it.

Wes if you could contact me directly on [email protected], hopefully we can get in touch and go from there.

Can I just take the opportunity to thank all our customers, past and present for your continued interest in our products. We do work hard to get you what you want and we will continue to do so. Going forward I have some interesting things planned for Boomerang in the next couple of years.

kind regards

Colin Gontier
Boomerang Jets
Old 07-22-2014, 02:09 AM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wes,
I know someone local with one new in the box, I can see if he'll part with it if you like.
i should see him today.
cheers,
sesn
Old 07-22-2014, 02:54 AM
RCflyerCT

Thanks, Sean....that would be awesome!

Wes

Originally Posted by smchale
Wes,
I know someone local with one new in the box, I can see if he'll part with it if you like.
i should see him today.
cheers,
sesn
Old 07-22-2014, 05:32 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is RCU doing what it is supposed to do.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:56 AM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You can check here to. Doug might have some in stock
http://www.jetnorthjets.com/boomerang-jets
Old 07-22-2014, 07:21 AM
uLTRASPORT1000
My Feedback: (8)

Ira d
thanks for the info.
sam
Old 07-22-2014, 11:56 AM
reo
My Feedback: (130)

Originally Posted by RCflyerCT
Gents,

I have called the new dealer for North America and he told me that he is not in a financial position to order or stock more product for some time (I guess at least through this year or longer based on what he told me).

I don't get this at all, why why would Boomerang Jets pick a North America dealer for their products if he can't afford to adequately stock the line?...this just makes no sense. (especially when there are exisiting dealers/distributors that could do a good job with the line)
Old 07-22-2014, 11:59 AM
AndyAndrews

Originally Posted by reo
I don't get this at all, why why would Boomerang Jets pick a North America dealer for their products if he can't afford to adequately stock the line?...this just makes no sense. (especially when there are exisiting dealers/distributors that could do a good job with the line)
Who is it?
Old 07-22-2014, 12:09 PM
reo
My Feedback: (130)

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
Who is it?
from their website:

"Kilroy’s RC Building service is now representing BoomerangJets USA"
Old 07-22-2014, 12:12 PM
AndyAndrews

Well, Kilroy is a stand up guy. I can tell you that. He is probably gearing up for this and it may take some time. Once he gets his foothold he will be great to work with.

Andy
Old 07-22-2014, 03:25 PM
Kim Couturier
My Feedback: (120)

I talked to Kilroy today, and he's definately going to be in the business. He has plenty of spare parts,a few sprint kits left, one xl, and a few nano's. He is planning to put an order in for kits in the future...just don't know when!
Old 07-22-2014, 06:35 PM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wes,
turns out my buddy has an XL NiB not the Élan. Sorry buddy to get your hopes up. If I dig up any other leads I'll let you know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.