Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fresno Jets is back September 18-21, 2014 (Roll Call)

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fresno Jets is back September 18-21, 2014 (Roll Call)

Old 09-19-2014, 10:53 PM
Airforce7
My Feedback: (31)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Got here late today and I heard from my buddy Jim that Barry got 3 flights on his SM F-14 with two kingtech turbines. That should be cool to see tomorrow. Hope it stays low key because this field looks great and I got three jets and a lot of fly to do!
Old 09-20-2014, 05:24 AM
flyrcjets
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Airforce7
Got here late today and I heard from my buddy Jim that Barry got 3 flights on his SM F-14 with two kingtech turbines. That should be cool to see tomorrow. Hope it stays low key because this field looks great and I got three jets and a lot of fly to do!
Ken, Were up and on our way!
Old 09-20-2014, 06:00 AM
modelflyer5

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks Paul

Matt R
Old 09-20-2014, 04:50 PM
Mark Taylor
My Feedback: (2)

Thank you Barry for supporting the event and bringing the F-14. It has been a lot of years since I have been so impressed with a scale project! The manner in which you fly it is incredibly scale-like. You deserved all the trophy's, and I look forward to the next opportunity to watch you fly.
Thank you John and Chris Redman for your continued support... BTW, John won the first bombing competition in 2004, been 10 years already! Matt West won it this year!
I'll follow up with the award winners and stats, unless the Prez. Matt Raymond beats me to it.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:34 PM
modelflyer5

The Prez is still tired from putting out the fire.

It was an honor to witness such a great group of guys come together and have fun. I never had such a great set of pilots to work with before. These guys were nothing but profesional the whole weekend.

I have to point out two events that took my breath away. One was watching Barry put that beautiful Tomcat through an awesome flight. That plane is not treated like a hangar queen. He flies it like he stole it.

Second, was watching John Redman throw down. John and his son Chris are exceptional pilots. It was a privelidge to have them at this event.

Paul Stenberg is a class act. He is the owner of House of Balsa and the West Coast destributor of Zap products. His sponsorship was needed and appreciated by me and the Fresno Radio Modelers. Paul, you are always welcome to come fly with us.

I would like to thank our sponsors for all that they did for us. Horizon Hobby, BVM, Hobby Town, House of Balsa, and Zap products. Your sponsorship made this a great event.

I need to recognize two guys that helped out with the event. Dave Fusinato and Matt West. Thanks for all of your help.

The one guy that did the most to put this together was Mark Taylor. It was an honor and a priveledge to work with you on this. I learned a lot and look forward to next year.

I would like to recognise the hard work that all of the volunteers of the Fresno Radio Modelers. They get a massive amount of work done in a short amount of time. They continue to make me proud to be President of such a fine club.

To all the pilots that didn't come to this event. You missed a great one. We hope to see all of you next year.

Matt Raymond
President, Fresno Radio Modelers

Last edited by modelflyer5; 09-20-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:22 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you gentlemen for having us, I'm very glad I participated and that you guys like the Tomcat! I also like to thank John Redman for all your support while I was flying it. This is the first time I participated Fresno Jets, and to those who hasn't, you should. Fresno, you guys have an awesome field and facilities and I will be sure to show up next year!

Cheers,
Barry
Old 09-21-2014, 01:15 AM
Mattrock1

Thank you Matt and all the club members that prepared the field for the show... we are truly fortunate to have such a facility in our own back yard. I wish I would have taken a little more time to take pictures but I was too busy flying! Both ships Barry brought to the show were show stoppers and he and his crew were a class act. Thanks to all who made the trek from out of town.
I finally won that damn bombing trophy! Thanks for staying home Rick!
Matt West

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	2033830   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	2033831   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	2033832   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	2033833   Click image for larger version

Name:	trophy.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	2033834  

Last edited by Mattrock1; 09-21-2014 at 07:19 PM.