Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Tracy Jensen is alive

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Tracy Jensen is alive

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 09:19 AM
r_adical
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acerc
So, in the very article you referenced back to, you ( Tracy Jenson) admitted to authorities you broke in and stole keys so you could steal the plane if unsuccessful at renting it!
But it was someone else's fault
Old 07-26-2014, 09:31 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by davevh
Clint Eastwood showed up to the ghost town, maybe he knows him too?

In all seriousness though, I feel kinda bad for the guy. I know what being unemployed for long periods can do to a person, and it can really mess with your head and personality.
It's easy to be judgemental when it's not happening to you. I am not using this as an excuse for the strange behaviour, but it may help to understand it.
On that same note though, I hope the people that have backed the kickstarter don't get shafted.

The airplane incident was either a call for help, or a huge misunderstanding.
I was told long ago by a very intelligent man..

"if you feel sorry for a sucker, you are truly the one being suckered, as they make their life to be exactly what they want or need it to be".

I never really understood what that man was talking about until this thread..
Old 07-26-2014, 12:57 PM
davevh

Originally Posted by invertmast

"if you feel sorry for a sucker, you are truly the one being suckered, as they make their life to be exactly what they want or need it to be".

And I was told by an equally intelligent man long ago..

"If you feel sorry for the blind, limbless, deaf man, you are truly the one being suckered as they can make their life exactly what they want or need it to be".

I never really understood that until today.

Truly my eyes have been opened

I prefer lollipops anyway.

End Of Line

Last edited by davevh; 07-26-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:21 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by davevh
And I was told by an equally intelligent man long ago..

"If you feel sorry for the blind, limbless, deaf man, you are truly the one being suckered as they can make their life exactly what they want or need it to be".

I never really understood that until today.

Truly my eyes have been opened

I prefer lollipops anyway.

End Of Line
WHOA! Was his name Bob? If not those two guys must of been related. Hahaa
Old 07-26-2014, 03:19 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE ] "if you feel sorry for a sucker, you are truly the one being suckered, as they make their life to be exactly what they want or need it to be". [/QUOTE]

Sorry, cant agree with this.. even if doing all our "duties" we still depend on sheer luck to be successful more than we dare to admit.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:47 PM
davevh

Originally Posted by erbroens
Sorry, cant agree with this.. even if doing all our "duties" we still depend on sheer luck to be successful more than we dare to admit.
Exactly the point I was trying to get through in my reply above, think I may have been too subtle...

Glad to see there is someone else on here with their head screwed on right!

On a different topic, what does this all have to do with RC again?? Have we encroached into an alternate Universe? This appears to be slipping into philosophical debate!

Last edited by davevh; 07-26-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:01 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Because it involves Tracy! Without him, what is R/C????
Old 07-26-2014, 04:18 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by eddieC
LOL the OP can't even spell right...

Kicking someone is low, you all should be ashamed. You give all RC a bad name.

If ever a thread should be deleted, this is it.
It's the jet forum...it is commonplace to trash anyone and anything not approved by the jet forum consensus.....

Warning people is one thing...What happens here is something totally different, and of course all the same actors are playing their same ol roles.

RCU doesn't actually care or many of the repeat actors would be acting on different names.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:28 PM
Woketman

Apparently you do not understand the history of Tracy and the Jets forum. If you will take the time to read the entire old thread, you would understand. Tracy brings this upon himself, more so than can be imagined!
Old 07-26-2014, 04:32 PM
clandestoy
My Feedback: (112)

It's a trap!
Old 07-26-2014, 05:14 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

On a different topic, what does this all have to do with RC again?? Have we encroached into an alternate Universe? This appears to be slipping into philosophical debate!
Ehhh.. well, sort of. I promise you that this guy, Alain de Botton hit the nail about this subject in this TED lecture, for anyone interested seriously on the subject. We don´t need to debate such important concepts in a fun, r/c model forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtSE4rglxbY
Old 07-27-2014, 09:18 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great entertainment while epoxy cures!!!!
Old 07-27-2014, 12:14 PM
pilotdude57

Originally Posted by acerc
So, in the very article you referenced back to, you ( Tracy Jenson) admitted to authorities you broke in and stole keys so you could steal the plane if unsuccessful at renting it!
No, that's not correct. When I got the keys I already had permission to rent the airplane at 1 O'clock PM. I needed to get up to Sandpoint to take a girlfriend to lunch who only had a certain amount of time for her lunch break, and the Flight Instructor was not back from a flight with another student yet. So, I went into the office and got the keys, and as I said I already had permission from the Flight Instructor to rent the airplane at 1 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:19 PM
pilotdude57

The people who contribute to the Kickstarter campaign are not "suckers", as why would I want to buy a laser cutter if I didn't intend to use it to keep making money in the future, by supplying people with kits? Even if it takes me longer than expected to product the kits they will still get the kits.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:28 PM
pilotdude57

Originally Posted by erbroens
[QUOTE ] "if you feel sorry for a sucker, you are truly the one being suckered, as they make their life to be exactly what they want or need it to be".
Sorry, cant agree with this.. even if doing all our "duties" we still depend on sheer luck to be successful more than we dare to admit.[/QUOTE]

That is correct in so many ways. Our lives are almost totally controlled by what OTHER people do. It is not my fault that my own incompetent Union President made an agreement to apply a rule from a new pay system to a group of us who have never been converted into the new pay system as the MANDATORY Rule 35 "conversion rule" has never been applied to us, and he didn't know that it is against the law and against FAA personnel regulations to make an agreement that only applied to us in the fourth year of the four-year program to contract out our control towers (look up Section 2301(b)(2) and (b)(8), Title 5, U.S.C., "Merit System Principles", which applies to Federal employees). Human Resources should have caught the mistake, but they didn't.

The Union and Air Traffic Division also failed to inform Human Resources that during our 14-month delay in contracting out we were held under the old GS pay system, as we were in a "frozen" program (which is the ONLY correct thing the Union and Air Traffic Division did), which is why HR did not REJECT the agreement to move us to the new facilities using a rule from the new pay system. HR ASSUMED we had changed pay systems at the same time as all other Air Traffic Controllers, and you know what happens when we ASSUME, we are often wrong.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:40 PM
pilotdude57

Originally Posted by Woketman
Apparently you do not understand the history of Tracy and the Jets forum. If you will take the time to read the entire old thread, you would understand. Tracy brings this upon himself, more so than can be imagined!
No, I don't bring this upon myself. I sent the Glascat prototype to you guys free of charge, to build up the structure for turbine flight for testing purposes, and you returned it saying, "this will be too much work". I couldn't believe that when I got it back whoever put the Robart "hinge point" hinges into the flaps had them PARALLEL to the centerline of the fuselage, even though the hinge line of the flap was swept back, as the center chord line of the wing is swept back. In other words, the hinge line of the flaps is swept back about 5 to 7 degrees from perpendicular to the centerline of the fuselage. They have to be installed perpendicular to the hinge line to operate properly. Anyone should be able to see that. So, upon flap operation, they hinges would bind. It would be like putting the hinges on the door to the your garage at 20 degree angles to the door edge, because you want the door to open out and UP. The hinge pivots don't line up with each other. EL NO WORKO. So, I guess I should have given the project to someone else.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:29 PM
Woketman

Oh brother..... Let me reiterate: the GlassCat that you sent us was a turd structurally. THAT is why we returned it. There was no way that I would have risked a TJT 3000 turbine (what I was flying at the time) on that thing. The most obvious fault was the long, skinny, high aspect ratio wings on that thing. They were just begging to flutter just sitting on the bench. I would have never risked any equipment in that turd using a pusher prop engine, much less a turbine. They were no where near stiff enough. And the rest of the thing had glass so thick, it was a tank! Far far too heavy for what it was. But a TJT 3000 would have gotten it in the air, but as soon as you got to some crit velocity... flutter..... BOOM!!! I do not recall any hinge issues, Richard may well have installed them incorrectly, I do not recall. But it matters not, as that thing was NEVER going to fly with my turbine pushing it. That would have been fool hardy. Thing was NOT flight worthy at all!
Old 07-27-2014, 01:59 PM
pilotdude57

Oh brother..... Let me reiterate: the GlassCat that you sent us was a turd structurally. THAT is why we returned it. There was no way that I would have risked a TJT 3000 turbine (what I was flying at the time) on that thing. The most obvious fault was the long, skinny, high aspect ratio wings on that thing. They were just begging to flutter just sitting on the bench. I would have never risked any equipment in that turd using a pusher prop engine, much less a turbine. They were no where near stiff enough. And the rest of the thing had glass so thick, it was a tank! Far far too heavy for what it was. But a TJT 3000 would have gotten it in the air, but as soon as you got to some crit velocity... flutter..... BOOM!!! I do not recall any hinge issues, Richard may well have installed them incorrectly, I do not recall. But it matters not, as that thing was NEVER going to fly with my turbine pushing it. That would have been fool hardy. Thing was NOT flight worthy at all!
All you would have had to do then, is tell me to send you new wing skins and then you could do your own internal structure.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:27 PM
Woketman

'Twas supposed to be an air worthy air frame as is. 'Twas not. Was not worth all of that effort. Besides don't act like this is new news. We went over all of this years ago. You kept bragging on here about your stuff being BVM quality or better. The one thing you sent us was orders of magnitude below BVM. Your QC was basically non-existent. And then there was the pubic hair in the canopy! That was the icing on the cake! At least it was supposedly from one of Hugh's girls!!!!!
Old 07-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

This guy Tracy just keeps coming back like a cockroach defies raid.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:59 PM
Woketman

Yeah, but ya gotta love him!!!!!
Old 07-27-2014, 04:26 PM
roger.alli

And we are now discussing a turbine powered model aircraft. Specifically the GlassCat, prototype.

No need to have this thread removed..

RCU at its most informative and entertaining.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:15 PM
pilotdude57

'Twas supposed to be an air worthy air frame as is. 'Twas not. Was not worth all of that effort. Besides don't act like this is new news. We went over all of this years ago. You kept bragging on here about your stuff being BVM quality or better. The one thing you sent us was orders of magnitude below BVM. Your QC was basically non-existent. And then there was the pubic hair in the canopy! That was the icing on the cake! At least it was supposedly from one of Hugh's girls!!!!!
I did not say that the kit that supplied to YOU would be better than BVM. I said that after we got the prototype flying and structurally sound and all "bugs" worked out, then the PRODUCTION kits would be better than BVM, with hi-tech high temp. cure with honeycomb core material so ligher-weight than BVM, and stronger materials, which could withstand the heat of the southern part of the U.S. in summer, even if it was painted black, where common room-temp cure epoxy has to be kept under shadow to keep the hot temps and sun from softening it, as all of our parts would already be cured at 250 F, with vacuum bagging in the oven.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:52 AM
Woketman

--
Old 07-28-2014, 02:57 AM
Woketman

Bullcrap! What you sent to us CLEARLY demonstrated that you do not (or did not) posess the skills and knowledge required to build composite model aircraft parts that are up to the task required. That much was clear. It was crap.

Hopefully you have grown more skilled......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.