Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM Plug and Play F16

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM Plug and Play F16

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 02:45 AM
bluescoobydoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when bvm got involved with JL the good quality kits that were available to all were removed from the market and turned into overpriced kits that only the few can afford to invest in and taking away the work from JL dealers in the usa that stayed with them while all the JL haters were calling them all the bad names under the sun. as soon as bvm put their name on them they suddenly became the best available kits and all of a sudden the bad news side of JL kits disappeared.
JL should have thought more of their dealers to allow this to happen.
this just sits wrong with me. and I will not do business with bvm after I have seen the real way they do business.
why don't they just update their own range or bring something new to the market instead of the old bandits etc.etc it is laziness bvm,s part
hopefully this will backfire on both party's and JL can learn a lesson in loyalty at the same time

Last edited by bluescoobydoo; 08-02-2014 at 02:48 AM.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:37 AM
bskyinc

From your posts it is obvious that you have never "done business" with BVM and your lack of future possible business will be missed as much as your past business with BVM
Old 08-02-2014, 05:37 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Can some one fill me in on something here?

My understanding is that BVM signed a deal with JL to exclusively sell in/from the US only. Is that true?

If that is the case...and you do not live in the USA or order from the US, what difference is it to you?

BVM is a fine company, puts quality ahead of quantity, backs up their products after the sale like no other company out there and if they are creative enough to make arrangements to move products for JL...good for them, because BVM also knows how to market products...which in the end puts money in JL's pockets too!

I can assure you that if JL had a better marketing/business plan in the States for distribution of their jets...they would have executed it themselves.

Beave

Last edited by bevar; 08-02-2014 at 05:40 AM.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:47 AM
rcspitfirepilot
My Feedback: (8)

Just like anything in the world there is the best, in this case BVM, and there is the rest. The engineering and testing that goes into BVM products is why I buy them. If there was truly a quality competition between the manufacturers I am sure there might be a price war. When I am spending my money in this hobby I want to have confidence in the products I am buying.

Last edited by rcspitfirepilot; 08-02-2014 at 05:54 AM.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:01 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Another example is how BVM has been flying the new PNP panther for over a month and have yet to sell one. They are flying the snot out of it to find all the problems that need to be corrected before they sell them. Something other manufactures could learn allot from.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:10 AM
bluescoobydoo

I have always thought that bvm were good at what they do and at one time I would have liked some of their products but why take JL kits from the people who cannot afford bvm prices and the JL agents that have worked with JL for years to get them where they are now?
greed and profit is all that bvm are thinking of not the hobby for everyone in general, and the panther will be fine I am sure without bvm "testing it" they are just thinking of what they can add for extra money not what it actually needs just like the extras they do for skymaster kits.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:28 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bevar
BVM is a fine company, puts quality ahead of quantity, backs up their products after the sale like no other company out there and if they are creative enough to make arrangements to move products for JL...good for them, because BVM also knows how to market products...which in the end puts money in JL's pockets too!
Beave
Exactly.

Originally Posted by bluescoobydoo
greed and profit is all that bvm are thinking of ...
Last time I looked, 'profit' is not a four-letter word. In fact, this 'evil' profit allows others to have a job, and engage in various economic activities.

Last edited by VF84sluggo; 08-02-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:23 AM
bluescoobydoo

but what about the people who cannot afford to give away profit to bvm and are now out of the game because of bvm what do you want to say to them?
Old 08-03-2014, 02:36 AM
roger.alli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those people should complain to Jet Ledgend.
Remember, it is JL who has complete control of how their own product is distributed. Ultimately, JL is responsible for this arrangement. JL can sell their product any way they choose. They choose BVM...

Why is this concept so hard to grasp?.

Last edited by roger.alli; 08-03-2014 at 02:38 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:10 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

but what about the people who cannot afford to give away profit to bvm and are now out of the game because of bvm what do you want to say to them?
You're in the UK and can still buy the plane from JL, so how does this affect you? As stated, if you have a problem with the deal, you should direct your feedback to JL.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:19 AM
bluescoobydoo

it's nice to see how you support your fellow flyer's by watching bvm rip them off, and you think that is ok, it must be nice to have friends like you all a kit that is now $$$$$ more than it was for nothing extra, great deal.
I am sure bvm will support you all when you need him most ....... well for a price
Old 08-03-2014, 09:57 AM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

it's nice to see how you support your fellow flyer's by watching bvm rip them off, and you think that is ok, it must be nice to have friends like you all a kit that is now $$$$$ more than it was for nothing extra, great deal.
I am sure bvm will support you all when you need him most ....... well for a price
JL is RESPONSIBLE for this merger....why so much animosity towards BVM???? Why are you not chastising JL???? What exactly do you NOT understand that this arrangement was mutual between JL & BVM. Do you think BV held a gun to the heads of the JL owners and forced them to relinquish the rights of their planes to his company???
Old 08-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As a user I don't care about business arrangements as long as I get products that work. Can I have unbiased reviews please? No fan-boyism required.
Thank you.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:15 PM
bri6672
My Feedback: (6)

Well, I was in the market for a 1/6 F16, I for one don't mind a little hard work to get a jet flying correctly and I like doing the installation myself. BVM makes amazing product and has awesome customer service no doubt! The price is fair when you consider the work they put in, but for me I would rather save money and do some of that myself. I had contacted Global Jet Club (my local JL dealer) about ordering one and they explained the situation. I was disappointed and wish this wasent the case but I have zero issues with the situation, neither JL or BVM did anything wrong! So what did I do? Well I moved on, just picked up a skymaster F-18 Superhornet and am putting a new Ali K210 in it! Totally happy and excited! I would loved to have an F-16 but it is what it is and as customers in the jet hobby we still have lots of choices with other brands! I hope BVM and JL have success but it's not an amount I'm willing to pay. I think people need not worry to much about things like this and just move on.

Not a fan boy, and this situation directly effected my last jet purchase but no hard feelings on my end...

Brian
Old 08-03-2014, 02:51 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

This ^^^
Old 08-03-2014, 03:13 PM
F-16 viperman

What a beautiful PNP. If I could stomach putting that much in the air in one piece, I'd be having one shipped to My friend in Canada and have them ship it to Me. My Most expensive bird is My composite bandit which I bought second hand 2k plus p80 1k and that still stirs the adrenaline every time out. But that is one gorgeous f-16!

Last edited by F-16 viperman; 08-03-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:31 PM
gtoro26
My Feedback: (2)

how about this crazy and insane idea
why doesnt bv or whoever is runnin the show
give customers options instead of complete pnp
like airframe gear and some upgrades if wanted
maybe that might channel a little more exposure to the over 7k price as current
break it down some

thats just me i have had 3 of jl f16 and as it sat i chose this model above all other manufacturers
if bv breaks down the package maybe i might pick up the phone again
im looking watchin and waiting
Old 08-03-2014, 08:43 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

You know why BVM sells $7.5K Chinese jets, because people pay it.

End of story.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:45 PM
bluescoobydoo

well said falcon, but why are they happy to when there was nothing wrong with the JL version? that is what I cannot figure out?

Last edited by bluescoobydoo; 08-03-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:08 AM
gtoro26
My Feedback: (2)

its not a version it is jet legend
its like a house
a nice house
with some curb appeal
add a little hear a little there and of course they pay more
remember the loophole its out there
Old 08-04-2014, 06:20 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

well said falcon, but why are they happy to when there was nothing wrong with the JL version? that is what I cannot figure out?
That my friend, is the right question. ;-)
Old 08-04-2014, 07:32 AM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Hi All,

I usually don't post on RCU because of most of the drama and I have tried to just do some reading and stay away. I could tell you that Global Jet is still a JL dealer as we are dealers for other as well. This kind of stuff drives me crazy. Before KY Jets all I heard from so many spreading rumors was that we would not be a dealer for FB well that was never true and we bailed FB out taking jets they did not sell, which is what we do to help out the factories.

Now it is with JL well no it's not true we are still a JL dealer. If anyone would like to order from Global we are here and you have the choice of paying for air shipping or paying for our special ground shipping.

By by the way before someone starts something BVM is great and has always treated me with respect and has been kind to me. I also do the same.

Thanks.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:57 PM
rcspitfirepilot
My Feedback: (8)

There is nothing wrong with what BVM and JL did. It is a business deal. BVM took a product, put their engineering into it and made it better. Lets face it most of the Chinese products that were produced over the years were made by making cheap copies of the BVM products. A lot of times the Chinese versions were not even airworthy and the customer had to figure that out for them and then were left hanging in the wind. There are a lot of threads on RCU to support that. That's where the argument begins and ends. They may be better now but why would you want to risk the amount of money that is spent on an RC Jet and not know for sure. With BVM there is no questionable doubt they have done their homework. Like the previous post they have been flying the cougar now for over a month and have not sold them yet. And if JL is so popular why don't I see them everywhere?
Old 08-09-2014, 03:32 AM
John Tancock

Not sure what this thread is coming to, but I would really like to see more pictures of your aircraft!
i don't mind what brand bvm or JL, it would be nice to see some shots of control linkages and radio installs along with radio set ups / flying conditions!

many thanks

John
Old 08-09-2014, 07:08 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Well said John,
I'm as guilty as the rest for going off topic earlier on this thread but would now really like to see some info and pics.
Would be interesting to see which turbines are being fitted, light weight 140 or heaver 160-180.
Over all RTF dry weight would be interesting, my early std JL version with a 160 was 34-1/4 dry.
BVM spec 30-31lb but I've heard of JL airframes with a 140, no smoke bells or whistles at only 29lb?
Is the repositioned main wheels helping with rotation on take off, are you guys as I was using a handful of flap to help?

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 08-09-2014 at 07:11 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.