Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Never buy from Hobby King

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Never buy from Hobby King

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 05:39 PM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Never buy from Hobby King

HI all, I will never buy from Hobby King again, bought some Hitec 7955 servos and batteries from Hobby King, on June 5th, they arrived a month later in Vancouver BC., which is 3000 miles away, and have been their, till now. The parcel is Registered Air mail, and yet I get no info. If batteries are the problem, then Hobby King should know, what they can sell and deliver.
Anyone else in the same boat.
Rcpete
Old 08-06-2014, 05:48 PM
rcpete347

Your request (#1315083) has been deemed solved.
To review, comment and reopen the request, please visit www.HobbyKing.com
[HR][/HR]
Eulogio R., Aug 05 16:58: Hi Peter,
Thank you for contacting us and bringing this matter to our attention. I understand that you want to have an information about the status of your parcel. Upon checking your order 2009416013 in our data, it was shipped dated June 11, 2014 via International (Registered) Air Mail with a transit time of 14-39 business days. The tracking number is RC007367960MY which you may track using this tracking site http://www.pos.com.my/emstrack/searc...MelTrack_v1%27
and this http://www.17track.net/. Upon tracking your parcel, the details show "Item sent to VANCOUVER PACIFIC PROCESSING CENTRE". This means that your parcel is currently in transit to the destination country.
If you will not receive your order within the shipping time frame, please check with your post office or local customs. They might have your order and waiting for you to pick up. If there would be no information from them, please contact us again so we can request to open an investigation with the shipping courier to trace your parcel. We are looking forward for you to receive your parcel.
If you need further assistance, you may contact us through our 24-Hour Customer Support Center at www.hobbyking.com. Just click on the link at the top right part of the homepage to speak with one of our Live Online Chat representatives.
Regards,
Eulogio R.
HobbyKing Support Team

Hobby King keeps saying, case closed, the parcel, if not lost is still 3000 miles away.
Rcpete
Old 08-06-2014, 06:44 PM
Pepperpete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So because your package has not arrived yet and is taking a long time, we all should never buy from Hobby King? Really? At last count I've got over 100+ orders through them without issues. Sometimes shipping takes a horribly long time but I've always received what I've ordered. Sure some products suck and others are good but I think you are over reacting. Not to mention they don't say case closed. They say very clearly if your package does not arrive they will open an investigation.

Seems like customer service to me. People these days love to jump all over the BAN THIS COMPANY when something doesn't go exactly perfect. You chose slow shipping (yes Airmail is MUCH slower than EMS). You got a response from Hobbyking clearly stating that if it does not show up they will open an investigation. And yet your first reaction is to come onto RC Universe condemning them when obviously they are trying to assist? Can't please everyone I guess.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 08-06-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:33 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

when ordering from hobbyking... ALWAYS pay with paypal, and even when you are paying with paypal MAKE SURE YOU PAY WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD and NOT your bank account.

If you don't get in 30 days, file a compliant, and with in 7 days escalate it to a dispute.
Paypal doesn't care what the heck happens to a parcel if you don't have it in your hands, they force hobby king to return the money.

FINALLY never listen to hobbyking when they ask you to close the dispute! You can never re-open a dispute so you'll be at there mercy which in reality means too bad for you.

WHY the heck were you buying 7955 from them anyway? They sell new for $80.00 here, Heck Black Friday is only a couple of months away troy built has them all day long for even lower than 80.00
Old 08-07-2014, 02:04 AM
rcpete347

HI, the only reason to start this thread is because it has taken so long, 56 days, way past the 45 days limit for paypal.
Rcpete
Old 08-07-2014, 02:38 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I no longer deal with Hobbyking. A few months ago I ordered lipos. I never received them. Their complaints dept was useless & just kept going round in circles. I claimed from Paypal & they refused my claim. Hobbyking is one of their biggest customers.
I also do not use Paypal, unless as a last resort.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:55 AM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

I have never bought from HK and never will. Their field reps skipped out on paying for their vendor space at a local event that friends of mine ran last month.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:12 AM
rcpete2

Hobby King, bad for the entire R/C industry, do not have them attend your event, they are what is wrong with the hobby.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:35 AM
lopflyers

I have bought batteries from them, no problems. True it takes long time to get to US, but I buy them without hurry. They are 50% cheaper on 6S. That is an excellent incentive.
The ones from them I've being flying are 1 year old and still flying.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:58 AM
Gary Arthur
My Feedback: (29)

A lot of people have success with Hobby King orders and there can be some good deals.

However , I have been in the same boat as Pete. My order had disappeared from the tracking and was never seen again. I kept getting told to wait, then wait some more until the paypal time limit was up. I was lucky that they finally agreed to replace my order or give a refund. I took the refund and bought locally. In the end, I was out of pocket for the $$$ while the whole ordeal was in play.

Last edited by Gary Arthur; 08-07-2014 at 04:02 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:59 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Orderd a plane for my son and it showed up missing half the parts. Tried to go through customer service with no luck. I ended up making the missing nose cone out of a coke bottle and heat gun and bought the rest of the stuff from a hobby store to complete. The lipos where very out of balance and failed after a few flights. Hobby king sucks period.

Now that Ron says they skipped out on paying for space at an event thats just icing on the cake. I wont order crap from them again.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:33 AM
OliverJacob

I have the same problem. With the 30 orders before I had no problems, but I ordered a few helicopter parts and they took more then 3 months, tracking does not work. They told me to go to my postal office or customs in my country.
It is their job to deliver the package to your door step. Now it takes them an entire month to investigate...
So I will only order form the US warehouse, but check other vendors first. Never had problems with Value Hobbies...
Old 08-07-2014, 05:50 AM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys its been longgg...... known not to order BATTERIES from HK International due to the new shipping restrictions/rules in China that came into effect over a year ago. Many people in Canada are now buying from the US warehouse and they are getting them in Days not weeks. They now offer Puralator and its much cheaper than the UPS Criminals.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:53 AM
DiscoWings

Originally Posted by Jim Cattanach
I no longer deal with Hobbyking. A few months ago I ordered lipos. I never received them. Their complaints dept was useless & just kept going round in circles. I claimed from Paypal & they refused my claim. Hobbyking is one of their biggest customers.
I also do not use Paypal, unless as a last resort.
which is why you pay with a credit card when paying with paypal, if paypal denies your dispute simply call your cc company.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:35 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

I made two purchases the first took 30 days to arrive, my recent order paid via Paypal showed awaiting payment 5 days after the order was placed.
They fixed the payment glitch only to find out that the order would ship from Hong Kong instead of the US warehouse as I had selected.
In both instances it was an item that only they offered, NO more orders for me, regardless of the situation.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:22 AM
bri6672
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I have had great success with them, I rarely order from the international warehouse but when I do I use the upgraded shipping. From the US warehouse I use priority mail. I always use paypal so I can dispute if necessary! I reccieved a puffed lipo from them a few months back, got ahold of customer service, emailed them some pictures and I had a full credit for my pack the next day! Bummer to hear of the issues we all know it's a bit of risk ordering from them but I believe the price offsets the risk. I've saved $1000's of dollars using them and have been using their batteries with great success in some pretty high stress setups and no problems!
Old 08-07-2014, 07:31 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
which is why you pay with a credit card when paying with paypal, if paypal denies your dispute simply call your cc company.
Just skip PayPal. Use AMEX.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:47 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gunradd
Orderd a plane for my son and it showed up missing half the parts. Tried to go through customer service with no luck. I ended up making the missing nose cone out of a coke bottle and heat gun and bought the rest of the stuff from a hobby store to complete. The lipos where very out of balance and failed after a few flights. Hobby king sucks period.

Now that Ron says they skipped out on paying for space at an event thats just icing on the cake. I wont order crap from them again.

Icing on the cake indeed !!! I would piss on a spark plug before I ever bought anything from them !!!

D
Old 08-07-2014, 08:25 AM
DeferredDefect

Hobbyking is awesome.

I was a Tower Hobbies customer for years, but discovering that you could get $2.00 micro-servos and $5.00 rolls of covering just blew me away. I've never had problems with quality, or had an item fail, except for an ESC that I dunked in the lake. After buying almost all my gear from them for a few years, I've never had a problem, other than slow shipping. Being in Canada, the shipping is slow no-matter where it's from, so it's not really an issue.

As for OP's issue, if I quit shopping from a distributer at the first sign of trouble, I'd be out of a hobby. My first ever order from Tower was a Sig Riser sailplane, and the associated radio-gear. Instead I got a heavily damaged Great Planes Fling sailplane, and an incompatible battery. My only ever helicopter was ordered from Tower and contained faulty electronics.
I've also ordered gear of eBay that's not as advertised, and had two apparently high quality Hitec servos from a well-reputed LHS die in a few months.

Issues will crop up anywhere, and I know the same is true for HobbyKing, but that's not a problem exclusive to them.

Last edited by DeferredDefect; 08-07-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:37 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

I love reading these threads. It seems there are two kinds of American buyers - those who only buy items that are in stock in the Hobby King USA warehouse and those who expect too much.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:50 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

I consider Hobbyking stuff expendable.

When it shows up (and it has for me everytime) it has worked well for me.

As a matter of fact, their nanotech batteries have kicked the butt of every other Lipo's I've ever bought stateside.

I use them in all my jets, I check their performance every 3 months. I'm tempting fate here, but darn it, those batteries just keep on ticking...and ticking....and ticking...

Much more than I can say for all the thunderpower and powerbox stuff I've used.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:00 AM
308jockey

I placed an order with them earlier this year, a couple of EF-1 motors, ESC and some batteries. In making the order it would not let me add the second motor and I had to order it separately but did so at the same time. The motor arrived in a few days from the US warehouse but the other motor along with the other items shipped out of Hong Kong. It took several emails, a dispute process and 75 days to receive the rest of the order. HK made sure they got my money immediately and refused flatly to refund it. I may order from them again but price aside I'm not motivated to give them a priority.

Rick H.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:12 AM
DiscoWings

Originally Posted by FalconWings
Just skip PayPal. Use AMEX.
Sure and you can pay a 3.5% surcharge at checkout.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:35 AM
FalconWings

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
Sure and you can pay a 3.5% surcharge at checkout.
I bought a LiFe for my XP9303 and paid with Amex, they did not charge me anything.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:39 AM
FalconWings

Originally Posted by FalconWings
I bought a LiFe for my XP9303 and paid with Amex, they did not charge me anything.
I take that back, I actually paid using PPal, which I rarely ever use thats why I mentioned going stright to Amex.

I guess Amex offers you insurance for HK at 3.5%, still cheap campared to the savings on their products! ;-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.