Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Never buy from Hobby King

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Never buy from Hobby King

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 07:28 AM
batdog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=w0mbat;11856866]I have had hundreds of orders with Hobby King and every single one has arrived within 2 days. Their products are leaps and bounds better quality than anything I can buy anywhere else in the world - at any price. Their batteries have twice the run time of any Thunder Power and never puff, even after running them completely dead and storing them in the furnace. Their customer service is top notch, they always have everything in stock and their prices are so low, I feel like I am getting most things for free!

I feel the same way. Thanks for a great post
Old 08-08-2014, 07:55 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

batdog maybe you can help me get my car shocks that I ordered from Hobbyking June 21.
I have got nothing but delays and orders to check with my post office from Hobbyking.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:38 AM
batdog

Originally Posted by dirtybird
batdog maybe you can help me get my car shocks that I ordered from Hobbyking June 21.
I have got nothing but delays and orders to check with my post office from Hobbyking.
Did you pay with PayPal in the event you had an issue? Some free advice, use pay pal,or a credit card on any online purchase in the event there is a problem. If you have been waiting this long for your order it suggests this advice may be valuable to you. I have found HK to be pleasant if approached properly with an issue. You can't be a smart ass.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:39 AM
Lifer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

When I started using LIFE batteries, I bought the Hobbico brand til I found the HK/Turnigy batteries were 1/8th the price. None of them has failed so far in over 5 years of use.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Ron101
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have maybe 20 large orders over the years from hobby king.... just one issue
Had two packs show up bad, but I didn't check them for a few weeks.... so I was out on that one

but the rest has been golden and the products worked better than I expected
Old 08-08-2014, 11:07 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by batdog
Did you pay with PayPal in the event you had an issue? Some free advice, use pay pal,or a credit card on any online purchase in the event there is a problem. If you have been waiting this long for your order it suggests this advice may be valuable to you. I have found HK to be pleasant if approached properly with an issue. You can't be a smart ass.
If I was a smart ass I wouldn;t order from HK.
I used paypal. They wont help
Old 08-08-2014, 12:29 PM
GSXR1000
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My friends have ordered from them, make sure you choose their US warehouse only to buy somethiing or if you order from their internatinal warehouse, be prepared to wait. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rcpete347
HI, the only reason to start this thread is because it has taken so long, 56 days, way past the 45 days limit for paypal.
Rcpete
So, this is not so much a "Don't buy from Hobby King" thread, as it REALLY is a "Don't use the Postal System" thread.

Hobby King has no control over the Postal System ... Actually, the Postal System has no control over itself !!!

PS There is no such thing as International Tracking throught a Postal System. Only through UPS or FedEx.

Even when shipped through EMS and then through the Postal System, you have no way of tracking the item other than the generic terms they provide. Such as Hobby King provided to you. They are just as much a victim of the Postal System as you are. Don't shoot Hobby King ... Shoot the messenger!
Old 08-08-2014, 03:51 PM
gsmarino2000
My Feedback: (2)

I've ordered a fair amount of stuff from HK, mostly batteries but also other small items. I pay with credit card through PayPal, international and US warehouse. No real delivery issues. I did buy a couple of things that turned out to be worthless junk, but by and large most of it has been good quality.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:30 PM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

I had lots of good experience with HK over the years. Most orders from China would arrive with 3 weeks.
But lately they seem to have lots of problems.
My last package was shipped 30 days after I put the order in (mind you - all 'in stock' items, no batteries, just a few heli parts).
Then tracking got 'stuck' when it arrived in the US, it probably never made it to the US postal service.
So I am still waiting for a result. (It may take up to 30 days for HK to figure out where the package is...)

I am not worried about the $20 I spend, I had similar happen and always got my money back after several months of investigation.
I wish they would stock up their US warehouse, so we could just order from there.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:33 PM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This a really stupid thread, I have been ordering from HK since they opened and I have platinum level, NEVER had a problem, but it is to know that I do not use the cheapest mail option, always use EMS, that never fails. Blame the postal service.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:52 PM
jetster81

Originally Posted by apereira
This a really stupid thread, I have been ordering from HK since they opened and I have platinum level, NEVER had a problem, but it is to know that I do not use the cheapest mail option, always use EMS, that never fails. Blame the postal service.
People ARE blaming the postal service, I don't think anyone is attacking HK for not sending the goods . Any postal service should deliver goods in a timely fashion as I can attest to as I have been waiting for some servos from the global warehouse since May and PayPal will not refund my money as they have proof that HK has posted the goods. Where does that leave me ? 130$ out of pocket and the victim of some sort of offshore fraud so please don't come on here with your smug attitude saying that this is a stupid thread. It is a group of people sharing experiences and trying to get some closure on the problems that that we have in common.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:24 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by jetster81
People ARE blaming the postal service, I don't think anyone is attacking HK for not sending the goods . Any postal service should deliver goods in a timely fashion as I can attest to as I have been waiting for some servos from the global warehouse since May and PayPal will not refund my money as they have proof that HK has posted the goods. Where does that leave me ? 130$ out of pocket and the victim of some sort of offshore fraud so please don't come on here with your smug attitude saying that this is a stupid thread. It is a group of people sharing experiences and trying to get some closure on the problems that that we have in common.
Ask Hobbyking to open an investigation as to the location of the goods. That is what I did with the two orders that were shown "return to sender" by my local postal service.

Don't expect fast results, HK told me the investigation would take 30 days and I queried them again once that time had elapsed. They refunded me. You will get a refund if you keep reminding them - I agree you shouldn't have to but your money is not lost. You'll get it back eventually.

Last edited by Rob2160; 08-08-2014 at 11:35 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:00 AM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If HK have actually sent the order, then the delay is not their fault and shouldn't be ctiticised for it. A call to customs to verify whether they have the order wouldn't be a big deal.

I don't buy from HK but if I did and the item was not as it was supposed to be or faulty in some way, then I could only blame myself. Everyone knows there reputation, so shouldn't be surprised if it all turns bad.

No matter who I buy from, I always pay with PayPal and CC. If the order hasn't arrived in 40 days I would always lodge a claim with PP. When the order arrives, I then cancel the claim. Easy. At least then if the order doesn't show up, I am covered. Saying this, I have never had a order take more than 30 days to arrive, and I buy from all over the world.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:29 AM
fireblade5437

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have recently replaced some 5yr old FlightPower with the Nano Tech which I have used previously also use their regulators for my lighting kits I make, never had a problem with any order yet!
Just ordered a foamy EDF from them for something to do as got weeks off on the sick!
Also I don't just use HK I use many suppliers and just buy from those that have in stock what I require also buy quite a bit from Belgium and Germany

Alan

Last edited by fireblade5437; 08-09-2014 at 06:01 AM.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:02 AM
llindsey1965
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

look guys I feel the pain , that is why I don't buy online I go to my local hobby shop , sure I have got some items with problems but I take it back and they make it right don't have to wait for shipping unless it is a special item they don't carry , but then it is only 3 or 4 days 95% of the time I walk out with the items in my hand sure I pay a little more but I got it the same day I needed it that is the bottom line not what it cost the service you get, and you can never beat your local hobby shop , so support your local hobby shops or keep on whinning about the crappy service you get online
Old 08-09-2014, 07:11 AM
fireblade5437

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would also go to LHS if I had one, the last one close around 1.5 yrs ago :-(

Alan
Old 08-09-2014, 07:48 AM
Lifer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I buy most all of my big ticket items from the LHS. They match or beat Towers price. But like I said in an earlier post, I can buy HK's LIFE batteries for literally 1/8th the price of the Hobbico brand
That's a deal that I cannot pass up.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:14 AM
blake1210

I will never buy anything from Hobby King either! I don't care if shipping takes six months! They can KMA!
My tracking number showed my lipo's were delivered in New Jersey!? I told them this, after they had already started an "investigation" because I had complained I had not received them yet. So....they are going to open another, "investigation"!? WHY...I told them where they went. And again they said check your post office and tracking numbers! They are IDIOTS!
Old 08-09-2014, 09:50 AM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The OP blamed HK in his opening post.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:44 PM
jetster81

Originally Posted by drac1
The OP blamed HK in his opening post.
The fault lies mostly with whichever postal service that HK are using but they must in turn accept some responsibility for placing goods with these firms. Mail order companies are, once your money has been accepted for goods are responsible wholly for those goods to be safely delivered to the address provided by the customer.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:35 PM
rpm303
My Feedback: (18)

I have very good results with HK.I have bought over a hundred lipos from them for myself and friends with only a couple of duds. Shipping has always been within the time frame stated with EMS.
I wonder how much is product is lost thru the shipping process a year,shipping damage, boxes being opened on accident or on purpose,customs inspections,theft from the porch, and the i never got my stuff but they really did.
Shipping investigations take time with all the hands on package and time zones to deal with.There not going to send out another package until they find out what happened to the last one.
With all the shipping loses they suffer, they still manage to keep their prices low.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:43 PM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

Lighten up sparky... yer goods will show. What method of delivery did you choose ? You're a cheap skate, we know this by you ordering from HK in the 1st place.. yer second mistake was cheaping out on shipping. get back to us in about 3 months when your goods are delivered.

Last edited by wahoo; 08-09-2014 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:48 PM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

Oh and don't cry when a few servo's arrive DOA... shoulda bought Futaba or at least Hitecs... to each their own I guess...
Old 08-09-2014, 11:52 PM
jetster81

Originally Posted by wahoo
Lighten up sparky... yer goods will show. What method of delivery did you choose ? You're a cheap skate, we know this by you ordering from HK in the 1st place.. yer second mistake was cheaping out on shipping. get back to us in about 3 months when your goods are delivered.
it it is already three months and I have advised by PayPal that they will not refund as 'HK has proof of postage' so now what septic?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.