Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Never buy from Hobby King

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Never buy from Hobby King

Old 08-20-2014, 05:41 PM
mario tavarez14
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

make my order with hobby king 4 week to go and still waiting for my item now i will open a paypal dispute , good bye hobby king

Last edited by mario tavarez14; 08-20-2014 at 05:42 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 08-20-2014, 06:14 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

My order still has not shown up in the mail!!!
I filed a Paypal dispute, the automatic message came back and said it was past 45 days, what a load of crap
Old 08-21-2014, 02:11 AM
rcpete2

Ron Stahl is on the money, to top it all off I shook hands with the guy, low life, sad, then all videos consist of are planes hitting the ground, hundreds of flights that were perfect. They made three mishaps look like 300, I guess if you sell garbage you better make and sell a interesting vid.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:32 AM
ncsky

Originally Posted by Ron Stahl
Ncsky, here's the back story on them skipping out on paying. HK reps with their school bus and vendor tent attended the WOD four day event in July in Delaware. I was there on Saturday and saw their space on vendor row and their reps walking around and shooting video. According to my friends who run the event and have for at least a decade; is that all vendors had a fee to pay for attending the event and having a place on vendor row and they didn't pay, they also promised to donate items to the raffle and nothing was given from them. Everyone else paid but them and those that promised to donate did except HK.
Ron,

Thanks for the information. I like to know how companies carry themselves in other things. It can make or break them in the long run.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:13 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lopflyers
Update..... I got my two lipos today, weather they came from China of from USA I don't know but they are here, new and in good condition, and for 50% the price of US companies. Eureka
Not bad. I ordered some lipos from Value Hobby on Monday ,paid about 20-25% more than HK ,only paid $4.00 to ship and they will be delivered today. H'mmmm Plus I know if something is wrong with the order it will be taken care of without having to jump through flaming hoops backwards.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:47 AM
Antares100
My Feedback: (12)

No disrespect, Jim, but I cannot afford "a few hundred dollars in limbo" as long as it ends well. This is a hobby for me and a part of how I release stress. I do not want to wait months for product to come in, have to chase it down at a post office, or not be able to fly because I have not received product. Most of my purchases are from Tower. Once I received an old style charger packed with a new radio, and a "smooth" throttle stick instead of a "ratched" one (dual air/heli radio). Tower immediately send replacements at no charge, and I had them in 2 days.
For you gamblers out there, I wish you no problems and good luck. Guess I'll just settle for great customer service, even if it costs me more. Time has a value for me.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:55 AM
Unknown303

I've said this in another thread I do believe but u always order with a shipping method that gets me tracking. And if the package for any reason I'd taking over 3-4 weeks I get them involved immediately. I've even cancelled a package after 4 days because it apparently hadn't been packaged yet. Then placed the same order only larger a few days later. That order arrived in a week.

With HK I feel like you really have to pay attention to what's going on and be prepared to jump on it if anything unusual happens. I shop with them because the lipo battery prices are unbeatable.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:15 PM
flyinwalenda

So many say how cheap HK is for LIPO's. So let's take a look.at two equal quality packs and a pack that is superior to both
From HK:
10 Turnigy 3-cell 2200 30c packs from the USA warehouse are $15.30 x 10 = $153.00
Shipping the cheapest way to the right coast is = $ 17.63
Total price and I would have them in 2-weeks = $ 170.63

From Value Hobby:
10 G-Force 3-cell 2200 30c packs from their IL warehouse are $14.90 x 10 = $ 149.00
Shipping the cheapest way to anywhere i the USA = $ 4.00
Total price and I would have them in 3-4 days = $ 153.00

and some of the best batteries out there from Buddy RC
Glacier 3-cell 2200 30c packs
from their OH warehouse $21,95 x 10 . = $219.50
Shipping the cheapest way = $ 10.43
Total price and I would have them in 3-4 days = $ 229.93

So you can buy batteries that are just as good as HK for less from a USA based business or if you want some of the best batteries out there you can pay about 30% more and get those. HK can be beat not just in customer service.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:53 PM
ncsky

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
So many say how cheap HK is for LIPO's. So let's take a look.at two equal quality packs and a pack that is superior to both
From HK:
10 Turnigy 3-cell 2200 30c packs from the USA warehouse are $15.30 x 10 = $153.00

From Value Hobby:
10 G-Force 3-cell 2200 30c packs from their IL warehouse are $14.90 x 10 = $ 149.00

So you can buy batteries that are just as good as HK for less from a USA based business or if you want some of the best batteries out there you can pay about 30% more and get those. HK can be beat not just in customer service.
Nice!
Old 08-22-2014, 04:05 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
From HK:

From Value Hobby:

Value Hobby's stuff has always been great, I've bought second hand g-force batteries that are going on 5 years old and still work just fine. It appears to be a one man operation though, and there have been some complaints about how they handle customer service issues. I've had to file PP disputes with them twice, but as soon as they received notice, they resolved the issues. I think I have about 20 orders from them, so that's not bad.

A few other viable options....China Hobby Line. I see they advertise here now. Fantastic prices on batteries, they have a great selection (many already soldered). Always ship priority mail (usually free too), and as far as I know, they are the only company that will custom build lipos to spec. China based, but also here in the states. He used to ship from Beverly Hills, now I think it's someone south, Georgia. Very responsive to e-mails as well.

Every now and then I'll see a good battery deal on Motion RC as well, I have a few of their 4 cells and they work great.

As with ANY company, using PP backed with a credit card is the way to go. I don't get why people wait long periods of time and then try to use PP, then complain that they were scammed. At 40 days, file the complaint and let PP do all the work. If for whatever reason they don't come through, the CC company will.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:19 AM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

HI all, not much help from HK, other than telling you they want to close the case, read my lastest email.

Angelyn P., Aug 23 15:40: Hi Peter,
Yes, I understand that there's some question roaming your mind, this issue was not yet resolved. What I mean is, as much as I want to keep this ticket open, please be informed that I have no control over the system. Our system was designed to automatically close the ticket if there will be no response from the customer within 5-7 days. The system will assume that the issue was close, so the ticket will be closed. If in case it will happen, we will be sending you separate emails once we get any updates on your parcel whereabouts or you may contact us back after 30 business days (upon opening of the investigation) for the possible updates.
I understand that you are still waiting for the delivery of your parcel. We are conducting an investigation for your parcel, it was opened on 21/08/2014 . I am asking for more of your patience as I am requesting to wait another days while waiting for the updates from the opened investigation. You can get back to us after 30 days, upon opening of the investigation or I will get back to you.
Would you mind if I close this ticket and tagged it as solved for record reference purposes. But that doesn't mean we are closing this issue. The investigators will be personally having a constant communication with the shipping carriers regarding your lost parcel. Again, we will be sending you separate emails once we get any updates on your parcel whereabouts or you may contact us back after 30 days for the possible updates. Your forbearance and intellect in this topic is extremely prized. Have a great day!
If you need further assistance, you may contact us through our 24-Hour Customer Support Center (Live-Chat) at www.hobbyking.com. Just click on the link at the top right part of the homepage to speak with one of our On-Line Chat Representatives for real time assistance.

Regards,
Angelyn P.
HobbyKing Support Team
Old 08-23-2014, 05:29 AM
flyinwalenda

That's rich. "Would you mind if I close this ticket and tagged it solved?"
Yeah,yeah ......that's the ticket !
Old 08-23-2014, 05:57 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I had non delivered batteries, I found the live chat equally as useless as the text complaints.
They gave me the run around & kept closing my complaint, despite me keeping within the time limit. I just kept opening it again. They eventually said they would refund my money. Still waiting after months.
No more Hobby Kringe for me. I may pay a little more, but at least I get what I pay for.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:02 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by rcpete347
HI all, not much help from HK, other than telling you they want to close the case, read my lastest email.

Angelyn P., Aug 23 15:40: Hi Peter,
Yes, I understand that there's some question roaming your mind, this issue was not yet resolved. What I mean is, as much as I want to keep this ticket open, please be informed that I have no control over the system. Our system was designed to automatically close the ticket if there will be no response from the customer within 5-7 days. The system will assume that the issue was close, so the ticket will be closed. If in case it will happen, we will be sending you separate emails once we get any updates on your parcel whereabouts or you may contact us back after 30 business days (upon opening of the investigation) for the possible updates.
I understand that you are still waiting for the delivery of your parcel. We are conducting an investigation for your parcel, it was opened on 21/08/2014 . I am asking for more of your patience as I am requesting to wait another days while waiting for the updates from the opened investigation. You can get back to us after 30 days, upon opening of the investigation or I will get back to you.
Would you mind if I close this ticket and tagged it as solved for record reference purposes. But that doesn't mean we are closing this issue. The investigators will be personally having a constant communication with the shipping carriers regarding your lost parcel. Again, we will be sending you separate emails once we get any updates on your parcel whereabouts or you may contact us back after 30 days for the possible updates. Your forbearance and intellect in this topic is extremely prized. Have a great day!
If you need further assistance, you may contact us through our 24-Hour Customer Support Center (Live-Chat) at www.hobbyking.com. Just click on the link at the top right part of the homepage to speak with one of our On-Line Chat Representatives for real time assistance.

Regards,
Angelyn P.
HobbyKing Support Team

From the same folks who write the instruction manuals........."Your forbearance and intellect in this topic is extremely prized".

Don't close anything...most importantly a PP dispute.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:10 PM
RCISFUN

Holy Smokes.... it's a miracle

My package that was shipped June 2nd 2014 arrived in my mail box today!

I will never use the standard shipping again!
Old 08-29-2014, 03:29 PM
rcpete347

Glad you got your package Rich,
Rcpete
Old 08-29-2014, 05:01 PM
flyinwalenda

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
Holy Smokes.... it's a miracle

My package that was shipped June 2nd 2014 arrived in my mail box today!

I will never use the standard shipping again!
Well don't pay extra for other "quick" shipping options as all you are doing is putting money in HK's pockets. You won't get your package much faster anyway.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:11 PM
RCISFUN

Originally Posted by rcpete347
Glad you got your package Rich,
Rcpete
Thanks Pete
There may be hope yet for yours!
Old 09-04-2014, 01:08 PM
rcpete347

Finally got here, 1day less than 3months.
Rcpete

Last edited by rcpete347; 09-04-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Pepperpete

Never ever use "airmail". It EMS or one of the other couriers only. Never had a problem doin it that way and its still 10x cheaper than most other options.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:39 PM
rcpete2

Hobby King, bad news.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:56 AM
RCISFUN

(rcpete347) Pete that great news!
Old 09-05-2014, 05:29 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Well I have over 30 orders will no issue. But a while back I got a Carf Rookie 2 and ordered $110 worth of parts (cheap servos for retracts steering and a lot of aluminum arms for my other servos)

Day 42 came and still no package this was not normal and the shipping number they gave me showed it has not even left there location yet

So I filled a dispute and within 1 week I had my money back.

But now 3 weeks later for 63 days. The freaking package showed up at the post office. I don't need the stuff as it took so long I spent more at my local hobby store. So what do I do now?
Old 09-05-2014, 08:20 AM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes68charger
Well I have over 30 orders will no issue. But a while back I got a Carf Rookie 2 and ordered $110 worth of parts (cheap servos for retracts steering and a lot of aluminum arms for my other servos)

Day 42 came and still no package this was not normal and the shipping number they gave me showed it has not even left there location yet

So I filled a dispute and within 1 week I had my money back.

But now 3 weeks later for 63 days. The freaking package showed up at the post office. I don't need the stuff as it took so long I spent more at my local hobby store. So what do I do now?
Quit while you're ahead. Lol.