Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly Eagle F 14 1/8 scale, DO NOT BUY IT !!!!!!!!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly Eagle F 14 1/8 scale, DO NOT BUY IT !!!!!!!!

Old 08-13-2014, 09:55 AM
SushiHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
I love these FEJ "check of the week" threads.

It keeps the word out there.

Shoot, I'd have $6k in my pocket instead of a really pretty mantle piece had I known.
I've got a framed original oil painting done by a thirteen year old on my mantle, wanna trade?
Old 08-13-2014, 10:57 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by SushiHunter
I've got a framed original oil painting done by a thirteen year old on my mantle, wanna trade?
You got it! Your masterpiece plus $6k and it's all yours.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:01 AM
SushiHunter

Originally Posted by ravill
You got it! Your masterpiece plus $6k and it's all yours.
Sorry, that's about $5,999.98 more than what I'd want to spend. Thanks anyways

Last edited by SushiHunter; 08-13-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:12 PM
Strutter
My Feedback: (32)

Thanks Nuno, Obrigado
Old 08-13-2014, 02:30 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Strutter,

Between your "MF CHINESE" comment and your less-than-stellar command of the language, I have to ask....where are YOU from??

Last edited by Shaun Evans; 08-13-2014 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Shamed into it.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:31 PM
RAPPTOR
My Feedback: (41)

No bashing.. Your coment was.rude. Oh . And full of yourself. Im nobody and like it that way. You have made it all the way to the top of --- the" toy list" !! Lol good job.. Wish you well..
Old 08-13-2014, 02:38 PM
RAPPTOR

I didnt by any jet.. Pay attention ..ill reply,, sloowwllyy for you.. Andyandrews... Real nice rcu name.. Now we know who you are all the time.. Lol..
Old 08-13-2014, 02:41 PM
RAPPTOR

master builders make guys like you look good ..
Old 08-13-2014, 02:59 PM
Cratus
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by invertmast
Sorry to see they suckered you into one of their models, if i can be of help with getting your F14 up and running, or atleast give you some advice on ways to get it started in that direction, im only a few hours away.
Thomas...kudos for offering to help out the op. Your reply reflects, IMO, what a true modeler is/should be about: helping others through words and/or actions. Too many folks are quick to throw rocks at others - especially, (as stated by impulse09) in the jet community.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:08 PM
tulz161

RAPPTOR - you're a joke. Who in the world signs "master builder" after a forum post??! Master builders sure don't. Making fun of a user name? Really? Act your age and not your shoe size...wait a minute...maybe you are 9.

How was his comment rude? How was he full of himself? Andy simply said what EVERYONE else was thinking. The op did something rather stupid and got called out for it.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:40 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RAPPTOR
I didnt by any jet.. Pay attention ..ill reply,, sloowwllyy for you.. Andyandrews... Real nice rcu name.. Now we know who you are all the time.. Lol..
LOL, simple mistake, I just got your idiotic replies mixed up with Strutters. It's of no consequence though. It appears you both think the same so it really doesn't matter does it? Everyone here has always known me "all the time". I don't hide behind a handle. So when or if you ever see me at a rally you know exactly who I am.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:44 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Strutter and Rapptor, it might do you guys some good to read this book:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JET_Kits_For_Dummies.png
Views:	258
Size:	367.9 KB
ID:	2022223  
Old 08-13-2014, 05:19 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by YellowAircraft
Strutter,

Between your "MF CHINESE" comment and your less-than-stellar command of the language, I have to ask....where are YOU from??

Btw, did you read that one, J. Dunkler? I know you usually reserve the edit button for people or viewpoints you don't like, but how about on racial broad-brushing just this once? Why does RCU tolerate that kind of crap?
I did not read the post in question until after the OP had made a response to it. As the response was a clever one and a little bit of a put down I thought I would let them both stand. It did not develop into a flame war. Also FEJ threads get treated with a little more latitude.

As to who I don't like well I love everybody unless they have really scary avatars and keep breaking the rule about posting in other manufacturers threads.

On a personal note It is good to know you are well enough to be a contributor to RCU again I have missed your commentary on the crazy parts of this forum.

Last edited by j.duncker; 08-13-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:52 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
Strutter and Rapptor, it might do you guys some good to read this book:

LMAO at that book; great graphic there Andy. Does the book have a chapter entitled flutter cover stories for music teachers?

To the OP who has been a RCU member for eleven years, what planet were you hiding on to have missed the rather large number of threads recounting FEJ horror stories in detail? As has been proven time and time again (most recently by you) the jets from that manufacturer often have significant issues. Did you actually expect things to be any different because this time the POS jet belongs to you.

I gotta side with my good friend, Andy Andrews, the exalted Captain of Team America (FY) to the Jet World Masters who simply said what many of us were thinking. No sympathy; you made an informed bad decision. Suck it up, buttercup!

Jim
Old 08-13-2014, 06:19 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 223 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Cratus
Thomas...kudos for offering to help out the op. Your reply reflects, IMO, what a true modeler is/should be about: helping others through words and/or actions. Too many folks are quick to throw rocks at others - especially, (as stated by impulse09) in the jet community.
Thanks Ernie, I did a self assessment of myself and decided to make a few changes, being more positive and helpful is one of them.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:26 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Strutter
I´m stil don´t know why i order a FEJ 1/8 F 14, after several nice speaking with the chinesse people i putted a order on 2013 early November, after several claims the model arrive incomplete in 2014 July (/)(%&/$%%&/())=).

I post this warning to any member do not buy this model, this is nothing matter about honey comb or flutter , only warn about a lack of honesty and lack of knowledge about their own products, examples:

1.- Too many time delayed delivering. without honest answer.
2.- Lack of manual of instructions, even the worse chinese jet factory deliver a poor detail of know how to start and how to start to build. i do not asking of manual like great Planes or top flite, even Carf models, the best, only something understable for a modeller builder , i build the model with my poor builder experience, !!!
3.- They try to make a smaller plane instead the big one 1/7 SCALE, and they (stupid people, i apologize but do not exist another adjetive), use the same servo tray like 1/7 in 1/8, do not fit !!!! terrible, the elevator servo touch the fuselage from inside and is imposible use the servo alum tray!!!
4.- They ADVISE TO ME TO PUT A TWO 22 POUNDS TURBINE, AND LOGIC DO NOT FIT !!!! NO ROOM, MF CHINESE!!!!, MANY HOURS TRYING TO MAKE A DIFFERENT WAY TO ENLARGE THE SPACE FOR BOTH TURBINES.
5.- THE ASK TO ME 6K FOR THE MODEL ALL EXTRA WORK DONE!!!! FALSE,
6.- THEY DELIVER THE MODEL WITH WING SWEEP MACHINE WORKING, FALSE, EVEN THE PLYWOOD WHERE IT IS LOCATED HAS A LACK OF GLUE AND MACHINE WORK WITH A CURVE IN THE BIG THREAD USED FOR SWEEP., ALSO THE END OF ONE TOUR (FORMING DELTA WING) DO NOT WORK AND I BURN THE MOTOR AND THE ESC, FOR A BAD EXTRA WORK BAD DONE !!!!!! ANY BODY HAVE A PILL !!!!!!
7.- WHEN I ASKING AND CLAIM FOR THE ELECTRIC MOTOR WITH REDUCTION, THEY ONLY REPLACE IT IF I PAY TO THEM, CAN YOU BELEIVE IT?, I HAS PAY 200 BUCKS BECAUSE I DO NOT CHOICE.

AT END FRIENDS MODELLERS

BE CAREFUL WITH THESE CHINESE SHOULD BE BROKEN WITH THE AMOUNT OF MODELS DOING BAD
OMG! What a horror story! I'm totally shocked. I can't friggin' believe it ... I ... I ... hahahahahaha.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hold a straight face any longer. Everything you wrote about has been covered endless times on RCU. It's just a company up to its old tricks again.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Airplanes400; 08-13-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Shaun Evans

Originally Posted by j.duncker
I did not read the post in question until after the OP had made a response to it. As the response was a clever one and a little bit of a put down I thought I would let them both stand. It did not develop into a flame war. Also FEJ threads get treated with a little more latitude.

As to who I don't like well I love everybody unless they have really scary avatars and keep breaking the rule about posting in other manufacturers threads.

On a personal note It is good to know you are well enough to be a contributor to RCU again I have missed your commentary on the crazy parts of this forum.

I guess that's the 'kill em with kindness' approach. Now that I feel like a heel, thank you for that comment. I was just discharged after a 6-day stay which followed the 6-week stay. I'll be glad when this saga is all over. Again, thanks.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:39 PM
roger.alli

Originally Posted by invertmast

Thanks Ernie, I did a self assessment of myself and decided to make a few changes, being more positive and helpful is one of them.
Nice Thomas,

To be honest, I’ve always felt that your contributions here have always been very positive. As are most of the regulars on RCU Turbines.. I’ve said it before, your F-14 thread is some of the best stuff on RCU..

Unfortunately, this FEJ thread will (already has) attracted the standard FEJ derision and ridicule, which benefits nobody.

Yes, he made a mistake, yes he failed to do due diligence. But none of us has any idea of the circumstances that motivated Strutter to purchase his F-14. He was seduced by conmen, as so many others have before him.

It is also plainly obvious that Strutter does not frequent RCU often. He only has 12 posts, including this thread!! He has probably never seen the Dantly thread. We should remember that very few people follow RCU continuously. His posting on here was simply to warn others of his personal FEJ experiences. He does not deserve public ridicule for that.

Strutter, and anybody else wondering why there is so much vitriol around FEJ and their F-14 should read http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...ash-video.html

And If you want to see how it should be done, go visit http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...g-started.html (Where you can see a “Master Builder” in action.) If Thomas is offering assistance, you could get none better..

Roger

Last edited by roger.alli; 08-13-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:18 AM
FenderBean

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Strutter, I was wondering what your intent with this is? People here do forget that only a very small % of people in this hobby get on these type of forums, its even smaller here due to the last few years. A lot of people are still buying from FEJ without know all the history, if you are looking for some help to get your model air worthy and flyable some people have been very successful with fej models after doing mods. fejs f-14 is a good flying jet if you address the issues, a few people have posted threads on the improvements you will need. EDFJim did a nice job on modding his stabs, which includes the changing to a better shaft position to avoid flutter. B1Bob has molds to make brand new stabs, and the mod to improve the swing wing from flexing. All are pretty simple to do, I have a couple mods I did on my f-14 as well. Here is my thread just look on page 2 http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-thread-2.html

As far as I know the only person still doing business with them stateside is Nir from www.nirlybuilt.com, he maybe able to get you replacement parts if needed.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:25 AM
Aussie Bart

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Strutter, I was wondering what your intent with this is? People here do forget that only a very small % of people in this hobby get on these type of forums, its even smaller here due to the last few years. A lot of people are still buying from FEJ without know all the history, if you are looking for some help to get your model air worthy and flyable some people have been very successful with fej models after doing mods. fejs f-14 is a good flying jet if you address the issues, a few people have posted threads on the improvements you will need. EDFJim did a nice job on modding his stabs, which includes the changing to a better shaft position to avoid flutter. B1Bob has molds to make brand new stabs, and the mod to improve the swing wing from flexing. All are pretty simple to do, I have a couple mods I did on my f-14 as well. Here is my thread just look on page 2 http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-thread-2.html

As far as I know the only person still doing business with them stateside is Nir from www.nirlybuilt.com, he maybe able to get you replacement parts if needed.
Kudos to Roger & Fender
Old 08-14-2014, 04:57 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How would you know if the F-14 is a good flying jet? You've never flown one. EDFJim's F-14 was completely redesigned by Jim and no longer qualified as a plane made by FEJ. Let's just be real here and stop blowing smoke. It has gotten old.

Last edited by dubd; 08-14-2014 at 05:00 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:30 AM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by dubd
How would you know if the F-14 is a good flying jet? You've never flown one. EDFJim's F-14 was completely redesigned by Jim and no longer qualified as a plane made by FEJ. Let's just be real here and stop blowing smoke. It has gotten old.
Well from the people who have flown one and there comments I would say it was descent flying jet, EDFJims mods were internal and would not have changed the over all flight of the jet. Im not blowing smoke, I just offered up a solution to the guy so why dont you put your pitch fork away and stop trying to start stuff. Yes it has gotten old, so move on! we all know your story but that still does not give you the right to bash anyone who is trying to help someone. This place has become petri dish of constant bashing, even the mods promote it...... I dont care who you are in this hobby or how much experience you have bashing people because of your personal issues is not right. I pointed the guy to the people with experience that could help with his situation, what would u have the guy do just burn it in the backyard and lose all that money?
Old 08-14-2014, 05:42 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 223 Likes on 114 Posts

what would u have the guy do just burn it in the backyard and lose all that money?
Atleast we can all agree on one thing... This is likely what would happen if he doesnt fix the issues!
Old 08-14-2014, 05:44 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should look up what bashing means. What I said to you is not bashing.

Jim spent a great deal of time and effort to make his F-14 successful and to trivialize the work involved is disingenuous.

And yes, the OP is better off throwing away his F-14 than outfitting it with gear that is worth more than the plane only to see it crash and burn in a hole anyways.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:01 AM
FenderBean

Okay dubd you not bashing, your comments are so helpful and he should just throw thousands of dollars and not even fix the jet when it is completely possible to do so. What a fantastic idea!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.