Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Monroe Fall Phase Out Jet Rally

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Monroe Fall Phase Out Jet Rally

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 06:39 PM
jet76
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow!..What a great place to fly. Thanks again George, You and your crew as always do a Nice job. This one is Definitely on the list for next year...

Ben
Old 09-28-2014, 04:50 AM
RC_MAN
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank for a good time. Great people and excellent place to fly. I will be back next year. I will try to bring a few Canadian pilots with me.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:32 AM
jet wings

Once again ,on behalf of my wife and crew and myself we would like to thank you all for coming out and having a great week end of flying fun with good weather.

Thanks George
Old 09-28-2014, 08:06 AM
niteflyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Detroit gang were blessed by the weather gods this year...... Mi Jets, all sun great flying...... Monroe fall event, once the fog lifted, all sun that all
equals some GREAT SUMMER FUN.

Thanks guys,
The West Siders
(Arnold)
Old 09-28-2014, 08:37 AM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Did anyone take a camera???? Those of us that couldn't make it this year need some pictures................Please............
Old 09-28-2014, 06:30 PM
K.O.
My Feedback: (16)

What a great weekend. One of the best. Great weather, friends and flying. What more could you ask for. Thank you George and Sherlonda for all you do putting these events together. Thanks Mike for keeping the full scale out of our way. If anyone wants to do an impromptu repeat in October let me know.
Ken

Hay... I went home and no maintenance. Thanks Chris for your coaching and support.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:09 AM
Gary Szetlak
My Feedback: (13)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This guy looks like he had a good day! Funny thing that was the first picture I took and then the camera broke!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nick-J10.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	2036004  
Old 09-30-2014, 10:58 AM
Nick Yuhasz
My Feedback: (11)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I guess I owe you a camera, Gary!

Nick
Old 10-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Well I had an excellent time. Got to fly with Curtis, Chris and Cleveland this time. It was fun figuring out how to dodge and weave thru their fun patterns and fun-flying antics.

The weather was good, in spite of the late dwelling morning fog on Friday. After noon on Friday, the skies opened up and there were few clouds to fly into. The temps were great and the cross-winds were light. Saturday was excellent all day!

The full-scale pilots utilizing the same runway, all except that screwball in the Citation, were all very cooperative. This experience with the pilots was favorably different than with the pilots at Gross Isle. (Long Story) Regarding the Citation: I was spotting for Larry when Larry ended up playing chicken with a full-scale Citation. As Larry was landing to clear the airspace, the Citation pilot unexpectedly took off, ... straight at us. In all the excitement, we never did get ourselves physically off the runway as the Citation roared slightly overhead. Guess the Citation's Pilot was POed at the delays caused by the FAA's fire in Chicago that day (i.e. a disgruntled ex-employee tried to burn down the Chicago FAA air-space control facility accomplishing major damage, which by the way explains the huge increase in air traffic over Baldwin this past couple weeks. My recent contact with the FAA says it will probably take another 20 days to fully recover the facility.) Anyway, ...

I managed to burn over 7 gallons of fuel and watched a lot of excellent pilots doing they're thing. We did have a couple catastrophic crashes: Ted's F-15 and Jack's Hunter wound up in black bags. But, I guess that is all part of the game. We also had a couple additional fires. Jack S, burned up another jet. But this time he had a fire extinguisher, although it was the wrong type. But, ... At least he kept his shirt on, ... this time. One other BVM Viper burned internally. On a lighter note: I inadvertently retracted my LG while the jet was still on the ground starting. But at least I did not have a prop to bust off as it hit the ground, ... this time. Lots of people looked at my P-90RXi's kerostart flame puffing and chronic over-current errors and we came to the conclusion that it is simply not starting correctly. With all the puffing, they decided that it sounded like it is an ol' John Deere Tractor. Guess the P-90RXi is going to be taking a trip to JetCat this winter. But, it still ran great, once it started.

Marshal got in a lot of wrench time with various repair tasks on other people's planes. But his own planes all started and flew well, once he got a chance to get in some stick time. All Arnold's planes ran well and flew frequently. He even got in a couple nice bounce-less ladings with his turboprop Oracle, which is NOT very easy to do. Not sure about Chuck's Viper though. His brand new Jetcat was NOT consistently starting, just like the old one was acting up. But, he did manage to get some stick time in, on this trip. When Chuck left, he was thinking maybe the battery voltage may be the issue. Also, ... With all the froggin' around we did testing starts on mine, I unexpectedly ran into a battery voltage issue on starts.

Anyway, in spite of our club members' trials and tribulations, it was a great time. No pressure, lots of airspace (Just like Baldwin) and not many full-scale planes to deal with. I'll am planning to be there next year.

Last edited by Len Todd; 10-05-2014 at 10:32 AM.