Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BANNED: Fly Eagle Jets from Florida Jets

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BANNED: Fly Eagle Jets from Florida Jets

Old 08-26-2014, 07:48 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Total BS joe Nall 2007 and 2008 they would straight NOT allow you to fly DSM on the regular flight line, they had tons of crashes. I have to find links but this is almost 5-6 years ago, even now at IRCHA you can not fly DSM
That year you could only use JR stuff on small par fliers.

DSM/DMS2 are banned at IRCHA, so many posts I have to find them. Some clubs even don't allow spektrum, here is what can happen with spektrum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n63lfsXp998 People go and say ohh its fine, which is total CRAP if it was fine they would not have had to release DSMX and now DMSS
Old 08-26-2014, 07:49 AM
Svein Erik Riis

I'm just thinking what the hell FEJ think they are going to achive with a stand at Jet Power in Germany next month?
Pretty sure they aren't gonna sell many jets ther:-)
Old 08-26-2014, 07:52 AM
DiscoWings

I'm finding the threads can't remember if it was 2007 or 08 or 09.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:54 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Disco,
I think you miss the point. If in fact it was banned, and someone saw there was problem, the comapny went back, corrected the issue and made it better. To date there is no real credible evidence that FEJ has ever taken anything that has been offered to them in the form of constructive criticism and used it to better their product. The only thing we ever see in the forums is a person representing them who makes remarks about the plane being overpowered, flown incorrectly, or assembled in the wrong manner. Too many people have shown them their misgivings and yet they will not make an effort to fix it.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:54 AM
jfetter

Originally Posted by rcjetsaok
Maybe there should be an event.. " The Polished Turd Invitational " Hold it out in the desert somewhere where there is nothing out there. All participant's will fly from a caged covered fox-hole and the will be anti-aircraft guns on site in case they are needed. ( about a dozen 12ga. goose guns with # 4 and #6 shot should do it ) . No fire or medical equipment needed.... Food for thought
Sign me up! I'd pay to attend this event for sure!

Jack
Old 08-26-2014, 07:57 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What happened to the ignore button? I really want to use it.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:58 AM
jfetter

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
Total BS joe Nall 2007 and 2008 they would straight NOT allow you to fly DSM on the regular flight line, they had tons of crashes. I have to find links but this is almost 5-6 years ago, even now at IRCHA you can not fly DSM
That year you could only use JR stuff on small par fliers.

DSM/DMS2 are banned at IRCHA, so many posts I have to find them. Some clubs even don't allow spektrum, here is what can happen with spectrum.
I really think you are looking for anything now to argue but I don't want to drag this thread off-topic any more than it has been...

Jack
Old 08-26-2014, 08:09 AM
DISCUS54
My Feedback: (211)

Kudos to FT for his humanitarian stance. Now all of the 6 year olds that built these jets can go play with the other kids in the playground.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:14 AM
Si_B

Not a fan of Spektrum, but I'm sure I read that Ali had not charged his flight pack which caused the Hunter to go in....nothing to do with the radio.

Shame to see anything banned, but maybe it's time for a separate area for these type of threads. Forum has been good of late with regards to the lack of debate over FEJ.

Simon
Old 08-26-2014, 08:16 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Jack,

In 2010 at the Nall I flew both my Tucano and Lightning, one with a 10X and 2.4 DSM module and the other my 2.4 12X DSM2 in the noontime demos (as well as over a dozen other times during the week) and A) had no issues and B) was welcomed with open arms.

I would like to see the proof that DSM/DSM2 was banned from the Joe Nall back then.

Beave

Last edited by bevar; 08-26-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:22 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Disco you are the National Enquirer of jets and almost as bad as Fox News!
Old 08-26-2014, 08:43 AM
DISCUS54

Certainly not to the level of MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, or CNN....which are very selective in what stories they editorialize. Bwaahahaha.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:57 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DISCUS54
Certainly not to the level of MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, or CNN....which are very selective in what stories they editorialize. Bwaahahaha.
They are all selective. Identify your bias and pick the news station that aligns with it. It's all about preaching to the choir these days.

Disco is like TMZ. Our own personal Perez Hilton with an anger management problem

Last edited by dubd; 08-26-2014 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:05 AM
CafeenMan

Originally Posted by jfetter
Actually, you can polish a turd! "Mythbusters" 2009 season, great episode and definitely worth watching!

I believe this is actually part of the problem, because you can polish a turd (high-gloss finish, flashy graphics & slick marketing) which makes folks assume the rest of the product must be in-line with the finish. I am not surprised people still buy them as many still believe the fit and finish reflect the build and quality, which in this case is cosmetic only and stops at the skin...

Jack
I was actually going to say that a lot of people are going to have to rethink that idea if anyone is ever gross enough to actually attempt polishing an actual turd and find out that it's quite possible. I never dreamed that someone had actually done it.

But I have cats and can tell you those things come out petrified - as hard as marble so it would not surprise at all if they can be polished like glass.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:07 AM
DISCUS54

True, they have analyzed the sheeple and now produce a product for every ideology. FEJ is in many ways like the propaganda pushers...say it isn't so, throw some smoke and paint on it and it will work (or fly). Yea right.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:07 AM
DiscoWings

Originally Posted by dubd
They are all selective. Identify your bias and pick the news station that aligns with it. It's all about preaching to the choir these days.

Disco is like TMZ. Our own personal Perez Hilton with an anger management problem.
And you are jetpilots new lap dog yapping on command.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:10 AM
DiscoWings

Just Noticed that FEJ wasn't a sponsor for 2014 Florida Jets, what timing! Amazingly next year they are banned, but they weren't in 2013 or 2012? Pretty sure more FEJ crashes happened that year too and people were calling for a ban. I guess as long as there is a financial incentive your ok, but when you don't your banned.

Last edited by DiscoWings; 08-26-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:23 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Disco, Bro you have got to chill, some of the stuff your slinging out there is getting out of control man. You will never win in this fight, I understand your view being a owner of two fejs but man come on some of the stuff your saying is getting out of hand. Just do your thing, flying your jets and enjoy the hobby.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:43 AM
tulz161

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Disco - you're sounding like a sore loser.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:49 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

I have noticed that disco uses a classic debate tactic: Distraction.

It is clear even to him, that his point holds no merit, so, as any Master-debater, he detracts from the point at hand.

Yes, we all agree with a heavy heart that banning ad infinitum would leave us with a very sad state of affairs.

Yes, EVERY person/company/distributor has had a problem with their products.

Its what those persons/companies/distributors do about those problems.

FEJ has dug their grave. Good Riddance.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:51 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Disco, Bro you have got to chill, some of the stuff your slinging out there is getting out of control man. You will never win in this fight, I understand your view being a owner of two fejs but man come on some of the stuff your saying is getting out of hand. Just do your thing, flying your jets and enjoy the hobby.
While I agree you dont think that someone with the older pre honeycomb jets who have hundreds of flights on them don't feel a little alienated or singled out?

Im in the Army and just finished a week long EO. (Equal Opportunity ) class and they provided lots of examples how being singled out like this can have a complete negative effects on ones person.

I would not buy FEJ only because of what I learned on this site and im going to inventory my spectrum recivers tonight to see which needs replacing. But remember not everyone is on this site

Heck I waw in CALIFORNIA last week for that training drove 2 hours to a turbine friendly flying feild meet a really nice jet poilt who taught me some things and when I asked him what his screen name was he laughed at me said he ant got time for that crap

Last edited by mikes68charger; 08-26-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:55 AM
jfetter

I would only add that while you may feel picked on and it makes sense to be angry, let me ask this. I've seen folks take the time to x-ray and others who have engineering experience say they see many flaws in FEJ materials, fastening methods and application, are there qualified folks on the other side, other than the factory that counter and say there is nothing wrong? If not and there are admitted problems, are there qualified folks that now say the proposed fixes are solid and engineered well? I'm neither agreeing with or disputing but from an unbiased view, I can see the effort folks have put into showing problems exist and based on the evidence presented, agree that glue joints and honeycomb material use, do raise questions. Instead of being mad at one another, the goal should be solving the problems so none of us are restricted from attending events...

Jack
Old 08-26-2014, 09:58 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It would be intriguing if someone bought FEJ's molds and took over construction of them. I think the molds are good no? Its just what they put inside them…..
Old 08-26-2014, 10:15 AM
DiscoWings

First of all this FEJ doesn't admit anything wrong is total BS, if that were the case they would not have sent replacement stabs to customers, I am one of them I got a replacement stab for my hawk, the new stab is as good as it needs to be. I am not going to speak for anyone else but I know of other people that have received fixes from Fly Eagle As well.

Its clear this is not something that happens universally, for those stuck with a bad airframe and support for Fly Eagle I can see why they are bitter I would be too. But this ban is regards to "SAFETY" however, they lynch mob here could give a hoot about safety they want REVENGE & PUNISHMENT, and my posts point that out because if SAFETY WAS TRULY the sole motive you would need to ban a lot more things that are JUST AS BAD as FEJ AIRFRAMES and are known yet aren't banned.

So the rest of you need to cut the crap and stop using the ruse of safety. They were perfectly "SAFE" when they were sponsoring events, this year they aren't at best in the west and weren't at Florida Jets so the CDs started jumping up and down about safety. And lets not forget event organizers even went so far as to BAN anyone that had anything "BAD" to say about FEJ just last year, We all know nothing would have happened if FEJ was a sponsor this year.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:23 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes68charger
While I agree you dont think that someone with the older pre honeycomb jets who have hundreds of flights on them don't feel a little alienated or singled out?

Im in the Army and just finished a week long EO. (Equal Opportunity ) class and they provided lots of examples how being singled out like this can have a complete negative effects on ones person.

I would not buy FEJ only because of what I learned on this site and im going to inventory my spectrum recivers tonight to see which needs replacing. But remember not everyone is on this site

Heck I waw in CALIFORNIA last week for that training drove 2 hours to a turbine friendly flying feild meet a really nice jet poilt who taught me some things and when I asked him what his screen name was he laughed at me said he ant got time for that crap

Mike,

You're a level headed guy. And your candor is really appreciated.

But FEJ isn't being singled out by anyone. They have singled out themselves.

Let me ask you a question that is army related if I can. What happens to the guy in the army who consistently and repeatedly fails at his firearms safety? All the remedial interventions consistently fail to remediate his short comings? It has become very clear to his peers and his superiors that this person is dangerous with a firearm and cannot be trusted?

What is the safest next course of action?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.