Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BANNED: Fly Eagle Jets from Florida Jets

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BANNED: Fly Eagle Jets from Florida Jets

Old 08-27-2014, 06:51 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The issues they had WERE on the latest production models... even the 1/7 F-18. All honeycomb FEJ planes are inherently flawed.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:15 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by George Vasse
Mike

Very good question !
i was not worried about the quality of the product since the issues they had was not on the latest production models and not on the 1/7 scale F18, this was also proofed by many including Steven Bishop.
However the rest was true calling him for a thief and liar stealing peoples money..... did not sound like it though before the purchase was made.

Its pretty much like looking on a blond girl from behind and thinking " waow what a beauty" ....until you realized that its not when you standing in front of her... if you know what i mean.

All that chit chat **** talk without knowing the reality behind the promises and stories he is selling, ripped off many more including me!

Someone needs to act to void further more modelers ending up in the same position !

GV
George,

It's pretty hard to admit a mistake like that and I respect you for that. It's a shame that on top of the other issues FEJ customers are now having to deal with outright THEFT! You should file a police report. Yes I know, the company is in China, but official record needs to be made of this theft.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:02 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by dubd
The issues they had WERE on the latest production models... even the 1/7 F-18. All honeycomb FEJ planes are inherently flawed.
I have disagree with you on this D.

ALL FEJ planes are inherently flawed.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:33 AM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Is there any empirical numbers on the FEJ mishaps with baselined metrics including mishaps relative to all other model makers?

Thx in advance for any input

Regards

Last edited by erh7771; 08-27-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:38 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by erh7771
Is there any empirical numbers on the FEJ mishaps with baselined metrics including mishaps relative to all other model makers?

Thx in advance for any input

Regards
Not as far as I know but RCPete has started a thread collecting info on FEJ structural failures. This may give you a starting point.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:52 AM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Originally Posted by j.duncker
Not as far as I know but RCPete has started a thread collecting info on FEJ structural failures. This may give you a starting point.
Cool, thx....

In my club in the same spot with 8 different people using a certain radio there have been more than 8 crashes... last 2 months... I'd feel safer with FEJ in the air than these tx\rx's...

I'm convinced production issues can cause crashes etc... seen em for myself
Old 08-27-2014, 10:56 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I wonder if anyone has emailed FEJ this information about them being band and there response
Old 08-27-2014, 11:45 AM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andy,
I have tried that route with nothing but NOTHING! They told me that it was to little of a case for them to put ANY man power into... I thought that this was just a way for them to tell me to go away.
Well.... Than I called the sheriff.... He to told me the same thing!! "Its just to small for them to put any manpower into.
"WOW" what a blow to the head this was!!

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
George,

It's pretty hard to admit a mistake like that and I respect you for that. It's a shame that on top of the other issues FEJ customers are now having to deal with outright THEFT! You should file a police report. Yes I know, the company is in China, but official record needs to be made of this theft.
You are wrong in this! Most but not ALL are "inherently flawed"
I would look at saying that to all that have Flying stabs. These seem to be the ONLY ONES flying apart.

Originally Posted by ravill
I have disagree with you on this D.

ALL FEJ planes are inherently flawed.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:49 AM
ravill

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by gjhinshaw

I would look at saying that to all that have Flying stabs. These seem to be the ONLY ONES flying apart.
I remember an f-86 that went the way of the dodo bird. I believe it was at florida jets this year.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:24 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Originally Posted by gjhinshaw
I used to think that, until wings started flying off, too...a case involving an A-7 and a Hawk, flown by the same person with an easy flying-style reputation, comes to mind.

How would a flying-stab configuration cause this?
Old 08-27-2014, 05:32 PM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

I have the 1/7th FEM F-16.When I build it, Ill need to know all of the mods. Prolly get a hold of Falconwings...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0487.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	778.2 KB
ID:	2026547  
Old 08-27-2014, 06:58 PM
dubd

Originally Posted by drdoom
I have the 1/7th FEM F-16.When I build it, Ill need to know all of the mods. Prolly get a hold of Falconwings...
The best mod is to sell it and get a F-16 made by someone else.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:06 PM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

Ill hang onto it, I'm not interested in being liable...might just hang it in my office...It is flawless...
Old 08-27-2014, 07:09 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by dubd
The best mod is to sell it and get a F-16 made by someone else.
Dude,

That's just CRUELLLL! I've got this perfectly unused grenade, oh, the pin is missing? nothing to worry about! I'm sure the mfg will send you one.

David S
Old 08-27-2014, 07:18 PM
dubd

Originally Posted by David Searles
Dude,

That's just CRUELLLL! I've got this perfectly unused grenade, oh, the pin is missing? nothing to worry about! I'm sure the mfg will send you one.

David S
One man's junk is another man's modable junk.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:29 PM
CafeenMan

Originally Posted by David Searles
Dude,

David S
Store the spoon in a safe place until the pin gets to you.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:30 PM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

If there was enough probable case and there were enough of us efffected count we get together and make one big lawsuit? Anyone married to a lawyer
Old 08-27-2014, 08:10 PM
Shaun Evans

FEJ Apologists:

Some of you keep on and on about how unfairly FEJ is being treated or how it's "all manufacturers" etc. Disco, I especially wonder what you think of the latest horror story by George--the one where they've basically ripped him off. What do you think of that? What's your defense for that? I've read where people basically take the position of, 'well, they've never done ME wrong personally, so....' You really don't feel any sense of 'yuk' dealing with (and sticking up for) a company that treats people like that? I don't get that....
Old 08-27-2014, 08:50 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

Sorry Mike, but there is no way in hell you can do anything to a company out of the country. The ONLY thing ANYONE can do is...... Simple, Don't buy from them! I have tried many times to do this and I get NOWHERE! I have even called the embassy here and there. So.. stop buying, get the word out, things like that is what you can do...

Originally Posted by mikes68charger
If there was enough probable case and there were enough of us efffected count we get together and make one big lawsuit? Anyone married to a lawyer
Mr. Yellow....
some people HAVE been satisfied with what they received from FEJ. I know many if not ALL of the FEJ junkies are always looking at there jets saying to themselves... MAN!, That's a GREAT looking jet..... If they would just get there SHIRT TOGETHER! If ANYONE says they DON'T do this...... Well.. You are just a LIER!!! AND your pants are on FIRE! (LOL) I know lawyers would LOVE to jump in on a lawsuit but I just don't think it would stand. I have talked with mine about this and he said it would be very tuff to prove ANYTHING!! They could say.... All the upgrades were done, everything had been removed and made better, etc......... There is/would be to many variables in the case. Now... I am SURE.... that's just the way the everyone is on this thread, I will be jumped, wronged, put down and so on for saying what I have said. Its just the way they/you are. I really think that you /everyone needs to look at FEJ differently. [We/most all know that they lie, cheat, steal, mislead, etc....... ALL of us for the last 3+ years have warned people about FEJ and have cried, beat, yelled, shouted, etc...... NOT to buy from them. correct????? Where has it got us/you??? Most if not ALL the world knows about FEJ and there business tactics. Not sure if there is anything else..... I don't know if ft is correct by what he did or not.... I say this because... ANY of the jets flying may come down, correct?? Would you be scared of a FEJ that has been flown so many times AND YOU have witnessed ALL of them? What would YOU do?????? What if he was a good friend?? DO NOT TELL ME... "I would have never let him buy it, in the first place." What would you do? We all do things, WE Want to do, and sometimes we don't hear anyone saying something, right??? I'm NOT picking on you, I just wanted to reply to your post is all..... Let the hate come forth!...................

Originally Posted by YellowAircraft
FEJ Apologists:

Some of you keep on and on about how unfairly FEJ is being treated or how it's "all manufacturers" etc. Disco, I especially wonder what you think of the latest horror story by George--the one where they've basically ripped him off. What do you think of that? What's your defense for that? I've read where people basically take the position of, 'well, they've never done ME wrong personally, so....' You really don't feel any sense of 'yuk' dealing with (and sticking up for) a company that treats people like that? I don't get that....
Old 08-28-2014, 03:40 AM
FTiano

Cheeesch! Al I wanted to do was give notice! We have gone from banning a manufacturer, to polishing turds, to law suits, to who knows what's next. I do wish to commend most of you for standing by me on this. I really was expecting a generous ration of ***** over this and feel really good that most of you agree this was the safest move we could make. Not being corny here, but thanks. FT
Old 08-28-2014, 04:47 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Frank absolutely the right thing to do IMHO and as I have said already major kudos for having the stones to make a stand.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:21 AM
essyou35

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I just want to say I have or had jets from several different manufacturers. They all look exactly like the xrays of the older FEJ model non honeycomb posted earlier. MIssing glue, misplaced glue, not enough support, etc.
I think all the cheaper manufacturers are the same or very similar and it varies by model sometimes.

However, FEJ with its honey comb stuff is a huge exception. I think this is very clear and a ban on that type of model is very past due.

I dont agree with a blanket ban anywhere on FEJ, just the honeycomb. Its not hard to tell the difference either and I highly doubt anyone is going to try to sneak in a flight on a honeycomb FEJ.

I dont own a FEJ anymore but I sympathize with those who do have the older stuff that isnt much different than other some brands not under fire.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:54 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FTiano
Cheeesch! Al I wanted to do was give notice! We have gone from banning a manufacturer, to polishing turds, to law suits, to who knows what's next. I do wish to commend most of you for standing by me on this. I really was expecting a generous ration of ***** over this and feel really good that most of you agree this was the safest move we could make. Not being corny here, but thanks. FT
LOL, Frank. I'm sure you had an interesting night reading 9 pages of replies on this topic. It's a fiery one but one that needs to be made until this company rids us all of their presence in the market place. By doing what you did you legitimized the efforts of many of us who have been screaming outloud about this company's business practices, bad quality, poor design and even outright THEFT.

I would recommend that the moderators make this thread, or the one with all of the crashes listed a permanent sticky for ALL to see when they come on to this forum.

Andy
Old 08-28-2014, 07:42 AM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FTiano
Bottom line Frank....it's your event and your decision...........anyone unhappy with it can find another event to fly at....or maybe start their own
Old 08-28-2014, 07:55 AM
Jetkopter
My Feedback: (1)

Fly Eagle demolition derby/ jet rally to be held at the Bejing fire training center, Bejing China . Landing fee not applicable, free hefty plastic bag to the first 50 . All spectators required to wear nomex shorts and hard hats. Bring your personal size CO2 and join in the fun.

Last edited by Jetkopter; 08-28-2014 at 08:03 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.