Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly eagle jets at best in the west 2014

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly eagle jets at best in the west 2014

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 09:14 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowAircraft
Hi,

I don't think those servo boxes are glued in by FEJ. I'm pretty sure that's something the builder does.
Depends. Some come glued in, some don't.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:15 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi,

I don't think those servo boxes are glued in by FEJ. I'm pretty sure that's something the builder does.
I think so.. because I have to put together my FEJ T-33 servo box. fej bad but not that bad lol

Last edited by basimpsn; 08-26-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:43 AM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flejter1
Joe,

Last year at Monster Jet Jam, Lowel's FEJ, 1/5 F-86 had the servo boxes on the elevators and the rudder literally detach while he was flying. 1 elevator went while on the down leg, the rudder followed right after and Lowel basically yelled hang on, something's wrong but I think I can get it back, he was coming around on the final turn and a few feet off the runway the other elevator detached, he cut the power and it came power sliding down the runway. Upon inspection, I personally saw, that FEJ actually used CA, to glue the servo box inside the fuse for the elevators and rudder, CA, really?? I'm not saying add that plane to the ban list, but you might want to take notes and inspect that area if any show up. Hats off to Lowel for saving a catastrophic crash, as we had a lot of spectators that day and also for jumping the FEJ ship.

I am speaking for myself on this matter, and fully support you and Franks decision to ban FEJ and I even own one
CYA at BITW

Dirk

Dirk, that wasn't quite the way it happened. The right elevator screw horn came out and the horn fell off. The other elevator is still attatched as of this writing and never came loose. The same with the rudder. The servo boxes are still in tack. I should have used locktite on it as I do now, but back when that was built I didn't think we needed it! The plane is in my hanger so you can see it when you come down. Thanks for piloting kuddo's though!!! It was a fun ride down!! Could have been any manufacturer.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:27 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Lowell is the first generation F-35 any good? I have one that I have not flown, but I would like to know if it is "desktop display" material or worthy of finishing. Bulkheads, brackets, everything I have access to seems fine.....have no idea how it looks inside the wing and elevators, and those are hughe elevators. Never been a fan of only two hinges per flaperon, but I think you told me once they can hold.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:54 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by FalconWings
Lowell is the first generation F-35 any good? I have one that I have not flown, but I would like to know if it is "desktop display" material or worthy of finishing. Bulkheads, brackets, everything I have access to seems fine.....have no idea how it looks inside the wing and elevators, and those are hughe elevators. Never been a fan of only two hinges per flaperon, but I think you told me once they can hold.

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital...era-67979.html

For a $100,why not inspect what you've got and determine it for yourself
Old 08-26-2014, 02:24 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

much better approach than a blanket ban.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:27 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FalconWings
Everything from FEJ is good until you end up with a debris field.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:54 PM
FalconWings

Originally Posted by invertmast
http://www.harborfreight.com/digital...era-67979.html

For a $100,why not inspect what you've got and determine it for yourself

Borescope will not cut it. It may show you a few ribs, but the pinning of stabs and wings would not be visible. I'll probably end up taking it to a radiologist.

Funny the box did not indicate "HMO or PPO required for this kit"
Old 08-26-2014, 02:55 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Great job on taking a stand Joe!

If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Joe C, you haven't met one of the nicest, happiest guys around. He loves jets and loves to see other people having fun flying jets.

I'm sure it wasn't easy for him. We got your back Joe!
Old 08-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Joe C

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Great job on taking a stand Joe!

If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Joe C, you haven't met one of the nicest, happiest guys around. He loves jets and loves to see other people having fun flying jets.

I'm sure it wasn't easy for him. We got your back Joe!
Thanks Raf
Old 08-26-2014, 05:21 PM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

Joe,

The life you save might be your own, so good on you.
or mine, my head is on a constant swivel LoL
Old 08-26-2014, 05:56 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

being a friend with the local county sheriff, i can usually take what i feel needs to be x-rayed for inspection, show it to him, and he will use the opportunity to give the deputies that operate the machines at the courthouse and annex some off the wall training. ya oughta hear some of the guesses as to just what is in that box.
anyway, it is free.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:06 PM
vega406
My Feedback: (73)

Dang $100 Borescope I stuck my F-35 wing to my chest and faked a heart attack to get free X-ray...they sent me to the mental ward 1st...FEJ was there
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wing.png
Views:	414
Size:	4.60 MB
ID:	2026256  
Old 08-26-2014, 08:20 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vega406
Dang $100 Borescope I stuck my F-35 wing to my chest and faked a heart attack to get free X-ray...they sent me to the mental ward 1st...FEJ was there

LMAO!! That's hilarious!
Old 08-26-2014, 09:04 PM
invertmast

Originally Posted by vega406

LOL Bil
Old 08-27-2014, 05:13 AM
chopper52

FEJ they don't use glue they will use anything available Chewing gum, spit,or nothing at all..
Old 08-27-2014, 05:24 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chopper52
FEJ they don't use glue they will use anything available Chewing gum, spit,or nothing at all..
I've always wondered what that mysterious white gluish goop they use is. It's sometimes very chalky and sometimes slightyly opaque and hard as a rock. What ever it is, you always see globs of it everywhere attached to hardly anything. It seems like all of the Chineese use it though not just FEJ.

I think they are cutting regular epoxy with glass filler to save money on glue, which btw weakens the epoxy.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:27 AM
FalconWings

Bill thanks for the idea. i should be able to find a lady with enough mileage to pass a concealed stab trough TSA at the airport for a free scan. But what about the wing?
Old 08-27-2014, 08:23 AM
invertmast

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
I've always wondered what that mysterious white gluish goop they use is. It's sometimes very chalky and sometimes slightyly opaque and hard as a rock. What ever it is, you always see globs of it everywhere attached to hardly anything. It seems like all of the Chineese use it though not just FEJ.

I think they are cutting regular epoxy with glass filler to save money on glue, which btw weakens the epoxy.
It depends on what fillers and the ratios they use that determines how strong or weak the epoxy will be. From what i have seen of the stuff, it appears to be epoxy and glass spheres which will make it very brittle when enough spheres are added to make it not run.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:53 AM
vega406

Falcon Wings... I had my steering come loose on a ground test run on grass wheel turned sideways and cart wheeled me wing tip to tip twice and it damaged wing which I replaced..it broke the 3 hinges and partially delaminated top skin do to flex but was surprised it handled it I kept it FOR WHEN FEJ goes under I have it to repair if needed but I will see what pic. I can get of inside for you...so far I can see carbon rod has the two bolts going though the wood former I will try and see how thick it is but they do have black carbon fiber spar going the whole length of the wing to the end.. mine has been flown by Lowel and Billy Edwards
Old 08-27-2014, 09:04 AM
FalconWings

At least you have three hinges, my model has two! I think I can get a third one in there. And I agree the fuse is stout, as usual is what I cant see that is typically the problem.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:19 AM
vega406

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0NJga6stdE at the 40 second mark you can see a short flight video and Lowel in back ground talking about fuel tanks can,t remember who was flying it then
Old 08-28-2014, 05:12 PM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

Bill, that was Dougy flying it there. The early planes were built very solid. Yes, there were gear issues, but I am still flying my Phantom with over 300 flights on it. The F35 was built along the same time. It was very strong and solid. Falcon, I answered you in a PM. Did you get it?
Thanks,
Lowell
Old 08-28-2014, 06:36 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

China made construction grate liquid nail glue ,,potato flower and watter ,,straight from paper cone tube .
Old 08-28-2014, 10:30 PM
invertmast

Originally Posted by sysiek
China made construction grate liquid nail glue ,,potato flower and watter ,,straight from paper cone tube .
Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.