Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Hamburg Jet Jamboree 5 weeks out! October 2nd through 5th!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Hamburg Jet Jamboree 5 weeks out! October 2nd through 5th!

Old 08-29-2014, 03:46 AM
racer8297
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hamburg Jet Jamboree 4 weeks out! October 2nd through 5th!

The Farview RC Flyers October Jet Jamboree is only 4 1/2 weeks away! The field is on the best shape ever. Come on out and enjoy the 1200 foot x 400 foot rolled grass runway. Spectacular views, Cabellas and lodging as close as 10 minutes away. The event runs October 2nd through 5th.

Food available on premises. Saturday night awards and pig roast.
Tent space available but is limited. Contact Jim at [email protected].

On site camping, no hookups.

Official flying hours are 9am to 5pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 9am to 4pm on Sunday. Jet flying 9am - 5pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Electrics can fly all night! There will be a 1 hour break on Thursday only from noon to 1pm (a Township thing).

Open to turbine, EDF and turbo props.

Hope to see many of you there!

Jim Ellis, CD ([email protected])
Dave Malcione, Co CD
Farview RC Flyers
375 Faview Road
Hamburg, PA

Last edited by racer8297; 09-26-2014 at 04:03 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:11 AM
RC_MAN
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

How far is this from Detroit?
Old 08-29-2014, 07:16 AM
f106jax
My Feedback: (16)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RC_MAN
How far is this from Detroit?
Approximately a 10 hour drive.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:24 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Wish I could make it, that dog gone work keeps getting in the way!

Hey Mike, hows it going? You should come to our event in Titusville PA which is the week before this one!
Old 08-29-2014, 07:39 AM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Hi Jim,

The Mass. delegation will be there. Not sure about Popcorn Balls.

Bob
Old 08-29-2014, 07:48 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of my favorite places to fly... Grass that is better than asphalt.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:49 AM
f106jax

Originally Posted by RCISFUN

Hey Mike, hows it going? You should come to our event in Titusville PA which is the week before this one!
Hey Rich,

All is going great.... I hope the same for you. How far is Titusville from Ridgway? My wife has relatives in Ridgway and combining your jet meet with visiting family sounds great.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:14 AM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Can't wait for the event Jim!!
I feel so fortunate to have this field locally and be a part of this club!
will be a great time I'm sure!
Old 08-29-2014, 12:01 PM
RCflyerCT

I am so there...coming in on Wednesday night and not going to leave till Sunday. Girlfriend is just going to have to deal with it, LOL!!!!
Old 08-29-2014, 12:59 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by f106jax
Hey Rich,

All is going great.... I hope the same for you. How far is Titusville from Ridgway? My wife has relatives in Ridgway and combining your jet meet with visiting family sounds great.
Hey Mike its about 75 miles

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...urbo-fest.html

Sorry for the off topic conversation, now back to the Hamburg Jet Jamboree discussion
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ridgeway to Titusville.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	2027013  

Last edited by RCISFUN; 08-29-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:17 PM
Instructor

Hope to be there with both planes flying. FJ-1 Fury is about 95% repaired and should be painted by the end of next week. Wish me luck guys. Sure do miss flying the Fury...

Larry/Instructor......
Old 08-29-2014, 08:17 PM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

The Maryland gang will be up on Wednesday. Can't wait to get some more flights on the big Turbinator. Janice is looking forward to spending the weekend with old friends. Glad you have the Fury almost fixed. I have a new big project in the beginning stages of planning. Will share it with you when we are up Larry. I just got a Pm from Mark and we will take one of the tent spaces for the event with him in the big tent.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:40 AM
racer8297

Hi all,
Great to here that so many of you are coming!
Don't forget to get your tent rentals in early. It makes special requests, and we've had quite a few, easier to accommodate.

Jim
Farview RC Flyers
Hamburg, PA
Old 08-30-2014, 12:21 PM
rfrantz

Glad to hear the Fury is coming back Larry. I never fall in love with any of my planes but your Fury is special. If all goes well I'm hoping Mark can sign me off next event. Ron's a great coach and really got me comfortable last time there. It'll be great to hang with everybody again.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:24 PM
racer8297

Hey Larry, great news on the Fury! I was so heartbroken when it took a tumble, I knew what a labor of love that model is!

Ron, see you there soon! It's always great seeing you and Janice!

Bob, I'm going to have to talk to the Governor about closing the border to PA to any New England guys who don't show popcorn balls upon entering the state! Honestly, we are so glad that you and the gang are coming down!

Sean, email sent re the tents. I was flying today, field is in great shape. The crew is getting geared up to commit aviation in October!

Jeff, glad you can make it! You so deserved the trophy that you won for the gorgeous Skygate Hawk at our Giant Scale meet. Talk about bringing a gun to a knife fight!

Jim
Farview RC Flyers
Hamburg, PA
Old 08-31-2014, 10:04 AM
Jetkopter
My Feedback: (1)

Jim, looks like its going to be a good showing for October! What is your decision on Fly Eagle jets at your event in October? A lot of the other CD's all over the country have banned them for safety reasons. In light of our recent problems with the town and the clubs push for more safety in the past few months it seems almost a no brainer and it would be in the best interest of the club to ban them. People are traveling some distance to attend this event so a heads up on your position on this would be appreciated.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:27 AM
racer8297

Originally Posted by Jetkopter
Jim, looks like its going to be a good showing for October! What is your decision on Fly Eagle jets at your event in October? A lot of the other CD's all over the country have banned them for safety reasons. In light of our recent problems with the town and the clubs push for more safety in the past few months it seems almost a no brainer and it would be in the best interest of the club to ban them. People are traveling some distance to attend this event so a heads up on your position on this would be appreciated.
Don, yes, I have bee getting a fair amount of emails regarding the event. We are hoping for a good showing, October is usually very nice in NE Pennsylvania!

Also Don, you bring up an excellent question. As you know, our safety program at Farview is pretty good. We make the hard decisions, when needed. I have been dwelling allot on the FEJ question and the short answer is that no, we are not going to ban them for the 2014 October meet. However, any jet that is thought to be not safe, either because of the particular model and/or the pilot, will be watched closely. This will apply to any manufacturers jet. It also depends on how the particular pilot flies the jet.

My decision is not based on any agenda whatsoever. CD's have different views on certain subjects and I do not want to get involved in this issue as I feel that it is more complex than it looks.

See you in October!
Jim
Farview RC Flyers
Hamburg, PA
Old 08-31-2014, 10:46 AM
Jetkopter

Jim, I know you have been to zero jets events this year outside of farview.I have been to many and have seen the FEJ problem with my own eyes. There is a history and a pattern here with these models that you are fully aware of. The fact that that you are still considering banning them at a later date but not for this event makes you acknowledge the fact that you know these models are dangerous. I respect your choice but how can you justify it when you just told me two days ago how concerned about being the CD of an event where some one gets hurt or worse and them(lawyers) coming after you legally? Are you picking only certain things to be safe and wise about? Since you brought it up, does it really matter who owns the model? There is nothing complex here when asking about FEJ, its very straight forward and to the point.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:00 AM
racer8297

Don,
I was trying to avoid a political discussion here but since you brought it up, No, I have not attended events outside of Farview. And I know that FEJ's have had issues. But from my limited experience, I have seen more other manufactures jets blow up at our field than FEJ's. But that is just my experience.

I feel that allot of the FEJ problems are from lack of a good business model than anything else. I have had two other manufactures jets come early ends due to poor manufacturing methods but you never saw me advertise the fact on any forum

Don, I have the utmost respect for you but please, let's just leave this as an event thread and not digress.

Jim
Farview RC Flyers
Hamburg, PA
Old 08-31-2014, 12:14 PM
rfrantz

Here we go again!

Dear Mr. Jetkopter,

Once again a positive thread on this forum has been hijacked for the sole purpose of inflammation. I equate these kind of redirections with hemorrhoids, it starts out as a minor irritation and makes you squirm around in your seat next thing you know it starts to itch, you give it a scratch and it itches more, more scratching more itching until it is bleeding all over you. Do you get my point sir.

Apparently, judging by your commenting on Jim's travels you and he have an intimate and friendly relationship. Then why I ask, did you not address your concerns and reservations privately. I can only assume from your choice to air your feelings publicly that you are promoting a personal agenda and hoping to gain support or possibly trying the old might makes right ploy by the ridicule of someone with the hope that they reconsider and bow to your wishes rather than subject themselves to further harassment and embarrassment.

The Farview Flyers members are some of the most gracious hosts you will ever experience in this hobby. They provide a terrific facility and are receptive to all constructive commentary and discussions. As of late they had to make an incredibly heart wrenching decision for the betterment of their organization and all who share their venue.

I intend this message only to serve as metaphoric Preparation H, and I will not promote or defend it further.

Can't wait to join you guys in a few weeks.

Good luck Jim, you have my full support

Bob Frantz
Old 08-31-2014, 12:36 PM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Don,

I appreciate your question and it is valid. I would hate to drive more than an hour to found out I couldn't fly due to the manufacture of my model. I also appreciate the decision of Jim and Eric as CD of the event. I really don't want to disagree with you opinion.

I justwould like say that in the past 30+ years of flying (models and full scale) it's not FEJ models that bother me when I am at an event. It is the way some other people fly, passes behind the flight line and then act as the only one that knows it all.

I have seen everything you can think crash. I have seen twin engine A-10 crash100+ feet behind the flight line, Big multiple engine birds crash behind crowds at big events. At every event I have been I have seen at least one total loss crash. Luckily most of those were in front of the flight line. I can say in the last 6 months I have been at 8 jet events, 1 giant scale and Warbird event. I only saw one structure failure. The pilot was flying away from the flight lineand never flew in a way to jeopardize the flight line. I have witnessed radiofailure, engine failures and lots of other unknown reason for crashes.

AMA makes rules for safety and when followed properly most mishaps’ result in justhurt pride and loss of the model.

Farview Flyers are a class act group that work hard to help everyone enjoy themselves.I am glad to see that will not be pushed into making a political decision.

JMHO.

See you inOctober.

Last edited by jws_aces; 08-31-2014 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:54 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rfrantz
Glad to hear the Fury is coming back Larry. I never fall in love with any of my planes but your Fury is special. If all goes well I'm hoping Mark can sign me off next event. Ron's a great coach and really got me comfortable last time there. It'll be great to hang with everybody again.
Hi Bob,

Thank for the kind words. I think everyone at Farview, you, Jimmy and Ron have shown a great interest in the Fury. Knowing that it was built by an average joe flying turbine jets, goes to show you, anyone can do it, it just takes the right skill and a LOT of luck. I have it all ready to prime as soon as the weather up here breaks. Hope to have it flying in a few weeks. I will let everyone know when I plan to test fly it again. I will be at Farview Wednesday night like I was in August.....

Larry
Old 08-31-2014, 02:12 PM
Jetkopter

Bob your right , Jim and I are going to scratch it out later off line, Jeff cant wait to see your hawk again hoping to get mine ready for they October event.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:05 PM
geh3
My Feedback: (84)

YUP best event ever, best field ever, should be a blast
Old 08-31-2014, 04:54 PM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Originally Posted by geh3
YUP best event ever, best field ever, should be a blast
+1, can't wait!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.