Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Xtreme Arf Vixen Sport Jet , Coming soon!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Xtreme Arf Vixen Sport Jet , Coming soon!

Old 09-30-2014, 09:15 AM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jetpilot
sarcasm!!
hard to read I guess
that's the FEJ customer base
lol. I was editing my post when you replied. Yup, totally FEJ customer base, shiny and cheap was more important than quality
Old 10-10-2014, 08:40 AM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick update on the Vixen, plug is almost done, a few tweaks here and there - plans are for flight testing in mid November.

Couple of small design items to report on:

All control surfaces will be hinged with full length pins not live hinged.

Inter-changeable turbine mounting plates for popular turbines (saves the hassle of messing around with files and sanders)

One piece removable stab assembly

More to follow tomorrow

marcs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG35999.JPG
Views:	511
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	2038813   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG3609.JPG
Views:	502
Size:	994.3 KB
ID:	2038814   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG3593.JPG
Views:	511
Size:	854.2 KB
ID:	2038815   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG3599.JPG
Views:	540
Size:	1,017.3 KB
ID:	2038816   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG3597.JPG
Views:	565
Size:	982.2 KB
ID:	2038817  
Old 10-10-2014, 06:25 PM
rchobbymodels

Originally Posted by marc s
I would bet that you if you put all the sports jets on the market in a row on the tarmac the differences in looks would be more obvious than you might imagine. Maybe we will do that at a CJ event next year to see the results...... grab a Bandit, Flash, Wizard, Futura, Natrix, Shockwave etc and have a line up

What Xtreme is looking to achieve is a high quality, great flying and good looking jet which customers enjoy flying and that brings years of reliable service.

If you have any 'imaginative' ideas please drop me a PM, would be good to see them too.

marcs
Marc,

After you post the plug pictures I took my time to find other jets pictures at the same angle to compare if they were similar, I compare with Ultralighting, ultrabandit, ultraflash, shokwave, and others and can not see any resemblance between them, as you told if you line up them on the tarmac you will see that they are very different.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:29 PM
rchobbymodels

Maybe to be different next time they should build the Grumman X29, that thing is real different.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:43 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by rchobbymodels
Maybe to be different next time they should build the Grumman X29, that thing is real different.
Or a

Saab Draken
F111
A6
EA6B
F105
F106
F117
A7
F8
Hawker hunter
Glostee Meteor
Vampire
F102
Grumman F11 Tiger
Electric Lightning
Canberra
B1
F35
F22
Tornado
Mig 21
Mig 17/19
Mig 23
mig 25
Mig 27
Su27/35/47
Mig 29

The list could keep going and going and going. So many cool Unique jet models that have rarely (if ever) been modeled that should be done.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:46 PM
jetster81

Originally Posted by rchobbymodels
Marc,

After you post the plug pictures I took my time to find other jets pictures at the same angle to compare if they were similar, I compare with Ultralighting, ultrabandit, ultraflash, shokwave, and others and can not see any resemblance between them, as you told if you line up them on the tarmac you will see that they are very different.
No resemblance at all?
Old 10-11-2014, 03:32 AM
rchobbymodels

Originally Posted by jetster81
No resemblance at all?
I can not see it, can you?
Old 10-11-2014, 03:43 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

It doesn't look like any of the "modern" sports jets, but does resemble an older design, the AD Exocet.

Attached Images  
Old 10-11-2014, 03:49 AM
rchobbymodels

Originally Posted by invertmast
Or a

Saab Draken
F111
A6
EA6B
F105
F106
F117
A7
F8
Hawker hunter
Glostee Meteor
Vampire
F102
Grumman F11 Tiger
Electric Lightning
Canberra
B1
F35
F22
Tornado
Mig 21
Mig 17/19
Mig 23
mig 25
Mig 27
Su27/35/47
Mig 29

The list could keep going and going and going. So many cool Unique jet models that have rarely (if ever) been modeled that should be done.
Thomas,

Very good list but some of them were produced already from other companies, as you mention the A6 Intruder it is scheduled to be produced in the beginning of 2016 but first they will produce in sequence the KAI T50, and F84F Thuderstreak. Scott had some good ideas too with the G2 Galeb and the G4 Super Galeb. As far I know they will make a new survey next year and maybe you see some of your suggestions there.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:19 AM
rchobbymodels

Originally Posted by George
It doesn't look like any of the "modern" sports jets, but does resemble an older design, the AD Exocet.

George now you got me, but you agree that it not resemble any of the new sport jets, now I will place some pictures and we can compare:

It resembles but there is a lot of differences nose, wings, tail, fin. the only thing that make it resembles is the intake design but still it is another position, the canopy is complete different.

Name:	exocet.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	2038991   Click image for larger version

Name:	vixen1.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	2038993   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG3597.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	3.88 MB
ID:	2038994  
Attached Images  

Last edited by rchobbymodels; 10-11-2014 at 04:23 AM.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:27 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

No problem Wagner.

I'm not out to get anybody, and I'm not implying it was copied, it just reminded me of the Exocet when I saw it. I had the kit MANY years ago, but never got around to building it.

Good luck with Vixen.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:44 AM
rchobbymodels

Originally Posted by George
No problem Wagner.

I'm not out to get anybody, and I'm not implying it was copied, it just reminded me of the Exocet when I saw it. I had the kit MANY years ago, but never got around to building it.

Good luck with Vixen.
George it was an word of expression and it sure resembles the Vixen, thank you for your post, I never got to look on the past designs and the Exocet
Old 10-11-2014, 04:54 AM
BILLYDSRC

Looking Great guys!!! Can't wait to fly it. Looks are one thing but the way it fly's will be the real test for me.
Thanks Billy D

Quick update on the Vixen, plug is almost done, a few tweaks here and there - plans are for flight testing in mid November.

Couple of small design items to report on:

All control surfaces will be hinged with full length pins not live hinged.

Inter-changeable turbine mounting plates for popular turbines (saves the hassle of messing around with files and sanders)

One piece removable stab assembly

More to follow tomorrow

marcs
Old 10-11-2014, 08:28 AM
marc s

There is always going to be some resemblance to some jet somewhere if you dig hard enough.

Couple more shots, hope to have an 'assembled' picture soon of the overall Vixen look.

marcs

Name:	vixen11.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	2039125   Click image for larger version

Name:	vixen8.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	2039126  
Old 10-11-2014, 08:40 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Looks good but, I think that intake is a little too far forward(just a suggestion)
Old 10-11-2014, 09:47 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I love it. The first thing I thought of was the Exocet, I miss my Exocet. Loved that jet.
My only complaint is again, it's to damn big. In a day and age where everyone is going bigger bigger bigger, I long for a GOOD LOOKING sport jet that a P70 will fit into and perform well, like the Exocets. I'm not a Bandit fan, I've had them and didn't like them. I loved the Exocet, although a little bigger I still think the old CAI Raptor is one of the best sport jets ever designed. The Liberty was supposed to fill that gap a little bit, unfortunately FEJ completely f'd that one up. Would love to see this jet in a smaller package. I'd change the name too personally, when I read vixen first thing I thought of was the twin boom Vixen which is nothing but old school sexy!
Old 10-11-2014, 09:53 AM
marc s

LGM a smaller version is very possible once the current one has been proved and ticks the boxes - Xtreme are very pro-active and have some great projects and ideas already in the hopper.

Feedback and comments like this are noted.

All I need now are some kick ass paint schemes for this puppy - you're the master I understand

marcs
Old 10-11-2014, 09:59 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I've done a few maybe Xtreme ARF needs one of these in Canada to show off haha. Is there a projected price? What engine size is recommended for it? Is it going to be an Olympus sized engine or will it be light enough to fly well on a 160 sized engine?

LGM a smaller version is very possible once the current one has been proved and ticks the boxes - Xtreme are very pro-active and have some great projects and ideas already in the hopper.

Feedback and comments like this are noted.

All I need now are some kick ass paint schemes for this puppy - you're the master I understand

marcs
Old 10-11-2014, 10:12 AM
marc s

Aiming to make it light enough to be driven by a wide range of turbines, testing will show the range needed to give it a decent P2W, pricing will mean it wont be cheapo but it wont be expensive either - great value for money is the aim.

marcs
Old 10-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Cratus
My Feedback: (49)

Cool thread. Lots of good stuff going on. Maybe there's hope for us jet enthusiasts on rcu...lol
Old 10-11-2014, 07:08 PM
BILLYDSRC

Your 100% right!! Need a 100n size one too.... Let's see if I can help.
Thanks Billy D

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
I love it. The first thing I thought of was the Exocet, I miss my Exocet. Loved that jet.
My only complaint is again, it's to damn big. In a day and age where everyone is going bigger bigger bigger, I long for a GOOD LOOKING sport jet that a P70 will fit into and perform well, like the Exocets. I'm not a Bandit fan, I've had them and didn't like them. I loved the Exocet, although a little bigger I still think the old CAI Raptor is one of the best sport jets ever designed. The Liberty was supposed to fill that gap a little bit, unfortunately FEJ completely f'd that one up. Would love to see this jet in a smaller package. I'd change the name too personally, when I read vixen first thing I thought of was the twin boom Vixen which is nothing but old school sexy!
Old 10-12-2014, 06:13 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I agree with LPM and Billy, a smaller version would be great so you don't need a trailer to haul it around in.

Or make the fuselage split behind the wing so it could be transported a bit easier.

In the interest of submitting ideas, Fei Bao did this with the Dolphin and it is very easy to take it apart for transporting.

The split would be ideal if it were at the tail cone / pipe intersection so the tail pipe would remain in the aft section, this is the only draw back with the Dolphin, the tail pipe / turbine intersection is in front of the split line so the pipe must be unbolted from the front section every time you want to take it apart. However that said, it is just a minor inconvenience.

As far as Mark's comment on the inlet being a bit too far forward, I tend to agree also now that I see the plug. To me it didn't stand out as such on the 3-D CAD renderings.

However, it is a great looking model as is.

As MARC wrote it would be interesting to have some paint scheme ideas posted from the community.

Maybe Xtremearf could run a contest
Old 10-12-2014, 07:17 AM
rchobbymodels

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
I agree with LPM and Billy, a smaller version would be great so you don't need a trailer to haul it around in.

Or make the fuselage split behind the wing so it could be transported a bit easier.

In the interest of submitting ideas, Fei Bao did this with the Dolphin and it is very easy to take it apart for transporting.

The split would be ideal if it were at the tail cone / pipe intersection so the tail pipe would remain in the aft section, this is the only draw back with the Dolphin, the tail pipe / turbine intersection is in front of the split line so the pipe must be unbolted from the front section every time you want to take it apart. However that said, it is just a minor inconvenience.

As far as Mark's comment on the inlet being a bit too far forward, I tend to agree also now that I see the plug. To me it didn't stand out as such on the 3-D CAD renderings.

However, it is a great looking model as is.

As MARC wrote it would be interesting to have some paint scheme ideas posted from the community.

Maybe Xtremearf could run a contest
Rich

From the information that I have the fuse will be splitted in two parts, also the tail section is all removable, horizontal stab is in one piece and vertical stab will be removable too. I do not know the position of the engine to say about the tail pipe if you will need to unbolt it.

Regarding the inlets I kind like the way they are, looks like an aggressive plane, vicious like Vixen.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:54 PM
marc s

If the intakes were in the 'normal' position it would then resemble all the other sports jets out there

Its part of what makes it 'different'.................

Hope to post info on the fuselage split point later.

marcs
Old 10-13-2014, 01:07 AM
jetster81

Wink

I've got to say that having seen the mock up photos it has grown on me especially as it has more than a passing resemblance to the old Exocet one of my favourite designs. I already have an aircraft of similar dimensions and it is a pain to handle,store, and transport to the club (we in Europe tend to have smaller facilities and vehicles) so it is left in the corner most of the time. The problem with two piece fuz's is the extra weight it adds to the general airframe thus affecting flyability. For me, as mentioned by others above, this design suitably sized to fly well with an 80 and fantastic with a 100 would be of great interest to me that's for sure, especially with an ultra contemporary colour scheme similar to the one here.

Name:	like this colours.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	2039632  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.