Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Arizona Jet Rally at Superstition Airpark

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Arizona Jet Rally at Superstition Airpark

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 09:48 AM
ghk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arizona Jet Rally at Superstition Airpark

Hello everyone and welcome to the 2014 Arizona Jet Rally!

This will be our 26th year hosting the event. We're looking forward to three great days of jet flying. The Rally starts on Friday November 21st and continues until Sunday the 23rd.
My name is George Kreyling, I've been modeling since I was kid and flying jets for about 10 years. I've attached my photo so you can put a name to a face.
This year the club has entrusted me to be CD for the Rally. My thanks to the previous CD's and club members who have been helping me this year.

New for this year is online registration, simply click on the link: http://www.RCFlightDeck.com/event.cfm?id=3822

There you will find the most up to date information about the event.
Looking forward to a great event, and seeing you there!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	George_cropped.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	2030236  
Old 09-08-2014, 11:06 AM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Should be a great event George; I'll see you there. I may even have the Tunnan I'm building for the Jet World Masters 2015 air-worthy by then.

Regards,

Jim

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	2030257  
Old 09-08-2014, 11:29 AM
Chris Balling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

George,

it was a pleasure meeting you at Winamac this past summer. We're looking forward to Number 26 and will be there. Fly safe.

Chris & Carole Balling
Real Pilots wear Gold Wings

Name:	Summer 14 007.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	2030268  

Last edited by Chris Balling; 09-08-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:21 PM
speed is life

George,
Better make nice with scheduling so that you get your days off to be CD!

Looking forward to my annual trek from Colorado to Mesa, I imagine Greg Moore will be there as well.

Cheers,
Mike

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	416.7 KB
ID:	2030397  

Last edited by speed is life; 09-12-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:16 PM
ghk

Jim

Looking forward to seeing the Tunnan

George
Old 09-08-2014, 10:22 PM
ghk

Chris and Carole

Glad you can make it!! Buck is coming too.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:26 PM
ghk

Hey Mike

I'm on vacation. Be there all week. Should be a great time. See you all in November.

George
Old 09-09-2014, 06:14 AM
jetflyr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speed is life
George,
Better make nice with scheduling so that you get your days off to be CD!
Looking forward to my annual trek from Colorado to Mesa, I imagine Greg Moore will be there as well.
Cheers,
Mike
Time off and dog sitter already arraigned.
Greg
Old 09-09-2014, 06:28 AM
ghk

Originally Posted by jetflyr
Time off and dog sitter already arraigned.
Greg

Excellent Greg!
Old 09-09-2014, 03:39 PM
bruff
My Feedback: (18)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

George,
Thanks for being CD this year. See you there.
Bob
Old 09-09-2014, 09:28 PM
ghk

Originally Posted by bruff
George,
Thanks for being CD this year. See you there.
Bob
Had a great time last year. Hope I can do it as smoothly as you did. We have an awesome field for jets. Always fun to get together with everyone.

George
Old 09-10-2014, 06:08 PM
bruff
My Feedback: (18)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Let make sure no rain this year!
Bob
Old 09-10-2014, 07:06 PM
Wclays
My Feedback: (85)

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Ok guys. The flyer does not show how much registration is. You apparently have to go through RC Flight Deck. Nothing personal but I have signed up for enough sites and do not need another one.

Can we sign up on site and where is a registration form, I am beginning to lose the personal touch maybe old fashion. Too much automation.

Clay
Old 09-10-2014, 07:46 PM
ghk

Originally Posted by Wclays
Ok guys. The flyer does not show how much registration is. You apparently have to go through RC Flight Deck. Nothing personal but I have signed up for enough sites and do not need another one.

Can we sign up on site and where is a registration form, I am beginning to lose the personal touch maybe old fashion. Too much automation.

Clay
Hey Clay

I forgot to put in the flyer that you can sign up at the field. R/C Flightdeck is just an option for registering.

Sorry for the confusion.

Look forward to seeing you!!

George
Old 09-10-2014, 08:02 PM
speed is life

Originally Posted by Wclays

Clay
+1
The "traditional pre-registration sign up" is needed.....

I did the "RC Flight Deck" thing last year but rarely use it. Prefer an old school solution like print a .pdf then mail in with a check.

- Mike

Last edited by speed is life; 09-12-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:09 PM
ghk

+1

I did the "RC Flight Deck" thing last year and regret it......almost weekly I'm getting solicitations from "mom & pop" RC events that nobody ever even has heard of wanting "donations" (not even JET oriented)......and I can't #%+=!?$ make it stop.....Kranitz HELP!

- Mike
Mike

Thanks for the info.

I will try to get a registration form on the club website soon for those who wish to do it that way.

Anyone who doesn't want to use R/C flightdeck doesn't have to!

George
Old 09-10-2014, 08:16 PM
ghk

I'd like to add one more comment regarding registration.

This is what we all do for fun. I thought R/C Flightdeck would be a nice option for those who wanted to register and pay online. If you don't want to use the service please don't feel any pressure to do so!
The old fashion way is just great. I promise to get some more feedback and do what most people feel comfortable doing.

George
Old 09-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

George,

Last year we had to option to do PayPal? or was that just Bob with the Electric Festival? Either way, I would love to either send in a MO or do PayPal and get registered already, sorry to beat a dead horse.

Ralph
Old 09-11-2014, 03:31 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Ralph the rcflightdeck site offers paypal fee is $40.00
Old 09-11-2014, 04:56 AM
ghk

Originally Posted by Turbulence
George,

Last year we had to option to do PayPal? or was that just Bob with the Electric Festival? Either way, I would love to either send in a MO or do PayPal and get registered already, sorry to beat a dead horse.

Ralph
Ralph

Paypal is an option on R/C Flightdeck. Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks

George
Old 09-11-2014, 07:12 AM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Bob_b and ghk, the entire point is to AVOID R/C Flightdeck????? Like I said, last year at one of the two events (The Jet Rally or the Electric Festival) there was a direct link from the website (This one http://www.azmodelaviators.com/ or this one http://www.azelectricfestival.com/ ) to pay with PayPal. I get it R/C Flightdeck is very convenient for the organizers but some of us just don't want any more additional email or having to register at any other websites Some of us don't have a problem, is there a solution for those that do?

Ralph
Old 09-11-2014, 08:44 AM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

+1

I did the "RC Flight Deck" thing last year and regret it......almost weekly I'm getting solicitations from "mom & pop" RC events that nobody ever even has heard of wanting "donations" (not even JET oriented)......and I can't #%+=!?$ make it stop.....Kranitz HELP!

- Mike
Mike

If you read the email that you get (the ones that annoy you), there's a link for you to go in and filter or shut down donation requests by other event hosts. You can restrict them to Jet requests if you are interested in helping other event hosts. Or, as I said, you can just kill all requests. I created the donation module to HELP vendors like you to organize the various requests that you'd normally get via email. By requiring ALL donation requests to go through RC FlightDeck, you can have a queue that tells you who requested, whether they requested in the past, whether you gave to them, etc. Hobbico uses it.

As for Wclays comment, the ENTIRE POINT of RC FlightDeck is that you DO NOT have to register with the site to sign up for an event. When you sign up for an event you AUTOMATICALLY get registered and it REMEMBERS you for any other event you register for. It will save you time, not cost you time. If you register manually on paper, you'll be doing that again next year and for every event you attend. Up to you, of course, but I think registering once and having a system save your aircraft, AMA info, address, etc. is much easier.

If you guys ever have questions about the system, my direct email is [email protected] and you can call me on my mobile at 720.838.0700.

MK
Old 09-11-2014, 08:50 AM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

Originally Posted by Turbulence
Bob_b and ghk, the entire point is to AVOID R/C Flightdeck????? Like I said, last year at one of the two events (The Jet Rally or the Electric Festival) there was a direct link from the website (This one http://www.azmodelaviators.com/ or this one http://www.azelectricfestival.com/ ) to pay with PayPal. I get it R/C Flightdeck is very convenient for the organizers but some of us just don't want any more additional email or having to register at any other websites Some of us don't have a problem, is there a solution for those that do?

Ralph
RC FlightDeck is designed for the convenience of PILOTS as well. Like I said in the previous post, you do not have to register with RCFD to enroll for an event. If you are writing your information down on some form, why is re-writing it for every event more convenient than just signing up for the EVENT that you are attending and letting the system remember your data so when you go to the next event you don't have to enter anything.

Also, the big picture looks like this:

- We save event organizers so much time that they can hold more events and generate more revenue for their clubs
- We publish events to 300+ websites to make it easier for pilots to find them
- We have an event search tools that beats everything out there; again to make it easier for pilots to find events
- We have a watch list that you can use so YOU get notice of events you like before you have to look for them

The entire objective of the site is to have ONE database of events and pilots so you don't have to go digging around forums and posts to find out when, where, what, etc.

I'm pretty passionate about this and would like you to try it before you knock it. It serves the entire hobby very well and is much MORE convenient than what you are doing now!

Michael
Old 09-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

I want to add to what Mike has posted.
I personally would NEVER run an event without using RCFlightDeck.com
I hosted the EDF Jet Jam in May of this year. Using RCFlightDeck made my life easy! It was the first time I used it too. This tool allowed me generate emails with a single click, to keep in touch with my registered pilots.
All required AMA document are electronically signed an generated, pilot badges and parking passes can be generated by the registrant too, should you choose.
I was able to generate an xls file to give to the press on hand that had the pilot names and model types they flew.
This app gives the organization total flexibility and ease in hosting their event.
I was able to manage the event by myself!
RCFlightDeck promotes your event on the web, helping to boost the attendance. If you go to the site and look at the various events there is a view counter with each event.
I've attached a screen shot from another event. Look in the event ID Box and you will see the views this event has had.

RCFlightDeck is a true time saver for the pilot that attends multiple events and the hosting organizations

The best part is it is FREE!

Name:	Screen shot 2014-09-11 at 1.12.27 PM.png
Views:	62
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	2031171  

Last edited by Bob_B; 09-11-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:16 AM
ghk

Mr Kranitz

As CD for this event the last thing I want is for it be turned into a debate on the merits of R/C Flightdeck.

I want EVERYONE to be comfortable registering however they want!!!!!

Ralph.... Give me a day or to to talk to Bob Ruff and I'll see how he did the paypal directly. I want you to feel comfortable with the process and above all else have a great time at the event. This is my first event as CD and I'm learning the ropes.

George

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.