Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Arizona Jet Rally at Superstition Airpark

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Arizona Jet Rally at Superstition Airpark

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 09:45 AM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

George,

Many thanks for being flexible, I have attended most of the AZJR (only missed it a two or three times since it started) I have also been to the Electric Festival every year. Hope to see the usual crowd and hopefully more of Cali guys come back.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2926.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	996.7 KB
ID:	2031175  
Old 09-11-2014, 10:19 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

LoL. F-it!!!! I still use my flip phone and I'm signing up on site!!!!

We don't need no stinkin badges!!!! Vamanos muchachos

Originally Posted by ghk
Mr Kranitz

As CD for this event the last thing I want is for it be turned into a debate on the merits of R/C Flightdeck.

I want EVERYONE to be comfortable registering however they want!!!!!

Ralph.... Give me a day or to to talk to Bob Ruff and I'll see how he did the paypal directly. I want you to feel comfortable with the process and above all else have a great time at the event. This is my first event as CD and I'm learning the ropes.

George
Old 09-11-2014, 12:50 PM
ghk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbulence
George,

Many thanks for being flexible, I have attended most of the AZJR (only missed it a two or three times since it started) I have also been to the Electric Festival every year. Hope to see the usual crowd and hopefully more of Cali guys come back.
No problem Ralph. Meeting with the guys tomorrow. Will post info for you soon. Glad you're coming.

George
Old 09-11-2014, 12:52 PM
ghk

Originally Posted by yeahbaby
LoL. F-it!!!! I still use my flip phone and I'm signing up on site!!!!

We don't need no stinkin badges!!!! Vamanos muchachos
Can't wait to see the F-4 burning up the Arizona skies again!
Old 09-12-2014, 12:41 PM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

Originally Posted by Turbulence
Bob_b and ghk, the entire point is to AVOID R/C Flightdeck????? Like I said, last year at one of the two events (The Jet Rally or the Electric Festival) there was a direct link from the website (This one http://www.azmodelaviators.com/ or this one http://www.azelectricfestival.com/ ) to pay with PayPal. I get it R/C Flightdeck is very convenient for the organizers but some of us just don't want any more additional email or having to register at any other websites Some of us don't have a problem, is there a solution for those that do?

Ralph
Hey Ralph,

Just to clarify what I meant in my posts, I wholeheartedly agree with George that you should be able to choose what you want to do vis-a-vis registration. My aim was to assure you that RCFD would accommodate PayPal, credit card, cash or even pay-at-event (if that's what George sets up the event to do). If you ever have any issues or questions, please call me on my mobile (720.838.0700) or email me or PM me and I'll take care of what you need in connection with anything on RCFD.

Enjoy the event!!

Michael
Old 09-12-2014, 02:31 PM
Wclays
My Feedback: (85)

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mkranitz
Hey Ralph,

Just to clarify what I meant in my posts, I wholeheartedly agree with George that you should be able to choose what you want to do vis-a-vis registration. My aim was to assure you that RCFD would accommodate PayPal, credit card, cash or even pay-at-event (if that's what George sets up the event to do). If you ever have any issues or questions, please call me on my mobile (720.838.0700) or email me or PM me and I'll take care of what you need in connection with anything on RCFD.

Enjoy the event!!

Michael
So how do you use RC Flight Deck without having to create a login and password. Maybe you should have a guest feature. The same problem exists with The Best in the West Jet Rally.

Last edited by Wclays; 09-12-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:46 PM
mkranitz
Banned

Originally Posted by Wclays
So how do you use RC Flight Deck without having to create a login and password. Maybe you should have a guest feature. The same problem exists with The Best in the West Jet Rally.

When you go to register for, say, Best in the West, you would naturally provide your name, address, email, etc. We ask for one more field (a password). Then, after you register for that event, let's say you want to go to AZ Jets. When you go to register, the site will remember you (unless you signed out, in which case it will prompt you to sign in). Then you don't have to fill in any of the information that AZ Jets requires because it's already there (along with your AMA number, aircraft, waiver info, etc.).

One password = no more filling out registration forms or aircraft sheets.

Give it a try, Ralph and I'm pretty sure you'll find it very easy. Also, as a member, you can get notifications when events of your liking within a radius you set are happening. You won't have to go digging, the email will come telling you "hey, there's a jet rally in Denver on Sept 24th..." etc. with links to register.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm happy to help. We've got about a third of the clubs in the US on the systems and we have processed literally thousands of pilot registrations. It really helps the organizers and the pilots.

MK
Old 09-12-2014, 03:08 PM
ghk

When you go to register for, say, Best in the West, you would naturally provide your name, address, email, etc. We ask for one more field (a password). Then, after you register for that event, let's say you want to go to AZ Jets. When you go to register, the site will remember you (unless you signed out, in which case it will prompt you to sign in). Then you don't have to fill in any of the information that AZ Jets requires because it's already there (along with your AMA number, aircraft, waiver info, etc.).

Give it a try, Ralph and I'm pretty sure you'll find it very easy. Also, as a member, you can get notifications when events of your liking within a radius you set are happening. You won't have to go digging, the email will come telling you "hey, there's a jet rally in Denver on Sept 24th..." etc. with links to register.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm happy to help. We've got about a third of the clubs in the US on the systems and we have processed literally thousands of pilot registrations. It really helps the organizers and the pilots.

MK
Guys

Registering on R/C Flightdeck really is quick and easy! I'm pretty computer challenged and I didn't have any trouble with it. Michael Kranitz (the site owner) is happy to help if you have a question.

For those of you who would prefer not to I'm working on putting a registration form on the club website and you are always welcome to register and pay at the event.

George
Old 10-20-2014, 04:34 PM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts

As long as I don't get any last minute work changes, I plan to show up. Just a month or so away.
And yes, when I register, I'll likely use Flightdeck. I used it to register for the last event I attended (T38 Jet Rally).
Old 10-20-2014, 04:51 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

LoL If I can get the time off, I'm signing up onsite and paying with glitter covered one dollar bills.
Originally Posted by Ron S
As long as I don't get any last minute work changes, I plan to show up. Just a month or so away.
And yes, when I register, I'll likely use Flightdeck. I used it to register for the last event I attended (T38 Jet Rally).
Old 10-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts

Sounds like the "club" has been paying you well lately!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:32 PM
jetflyr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmmm..... Maybe I'll get in a night early Buck and have you take me to *the club*...:
Greg
Old 10-21-2014, 07:13 PM
ghk

Hope ALL you guys make it. Going to be a great time.

George
Old 10-23-2014, 11:36 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I tried to use RCflightdeck and it wont let me register without a MAAC number, I think that is a Canadian thing. So I can't sign up.

And it did not find the event when I serched up to 500 miles from 91377 but I knew about it so no big deal just a heads up.

MK
Old 10-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Try it now Matt
Old 10-23-2014, 12:34 PM
mkranitz
Banned

Originally Posted by mr_matt
I tried to use RCflightdeck and it wont let me register without a MAAC number, I think that is a Canadian thing. So I can't sign up.

And it did not find the event when I serched up to 500 miles from 91377 but I knew about it so no big deal just a heads up.
When you leave the MAAC box empty, a message pops up and tells you to put the word NONE in the box. Did you try that?
Old 10-23-2014, 12:45 PM
mkranitz
Banned

Originally Posted by mr_matt

The 500-mile search works now. Arizona Model Aviators had a PO box in their location setting. I fixed it. : )
Old 10-25-2014, 04:11 PM
ghk

The 500-mile search works now. Arizona Model Aviators had a PO box in their location setting. I fixed it. : )
Thanks Mike

George
Old 11-24-2014, 11:45 AM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The 26th Arizona Jet Rally was this past weekend and I really had a great time. Many thanks the CD George Kreyling and the Arizona Model Aviators for putting on the event. There were 42 registered pilots and a nice assortment of turbine jets and electric power. We had low winds and mostly blue sky all weekend and plenty of flying.

There was plenty of JPO presence with District VP's Ron Schwarzkopf (XII), Mike Warren (IX), and Dave Reynolds (X), in addition to myself, Greg Moore (our overworked Contrails editor), and Bob Belluomini from Cincinnati who prints Contrails. Don't forget to join the JPO or renew your membership in the JPO which represents the interests of jet modelers to the AMA and FAA. See www.jetpilots.org

I saw some pretty impressive models this weekend particularly the nicely done equipment installation in James Lashmett's Viperjet, Chris Wolfe's EDF Mirage, a beautiful BVM F-100 repaired after a major wreck (it was gorgeous, you couldn't tell it was ever even scratched), and a high powered all red EDF F-4 with what appeared to be near unlimited vertical.

I took only a few photos of the event but am sure there will be others in the Contrails coverage of this event.

Regards,

Jim

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	2049806   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	2.63 MB
ID:	2049807   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	2049808   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141121_082610.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	2049811   Click image for larger version

Name:	AZ_Jet_Rally_Friday_11-21-14_120.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	2049812   Click image for larger version

Name:	AZ_Jet_Rally_Friday_11-21-14_267.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	2049813   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3571.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	2049814  

Last edited by rcjets_63; 11-24-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:35 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Glad to see "simple J" finally flew that turbine powered wander... Good thing "T" was there to call the ball for em....

See ya in two weeks buddy..
Old 11-24-2014, 05:43 PM
Wclays
My Feedback: (85)

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Saw photos on rcgroups

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2279707